RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Old
  (#16)
PBO
RC-Unobtainium

03.14.2011, 02:21 AM

Gastly stuff happening everywhere at the moment. It's almost hard to absorb the magnitude of suffering by those affected

Enhanced Rustler 1515 1.5 MMM
Losi 8ight-T

Old
  (#17)
Shonen
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.14.2011, 05:13 AM

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...r-tsunami.html

Natures wraith, man kinds mistakes.
Old
  (#18)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Natures wraith, man kinds mistakes. - 03.15.2011, 03:45 AM

You could not have read this stuff in a book. Not one, but four simultanious "Three Mile Islands" happening in the same location. It just keeps getting worse and worse. I am surprized that American families have not been ordered out of the area yet? What are they waiting for? There are aspects about this disaster that are inevitable, and although prayers are in order they are not going to stop what is happening there. This is a man made catastrophy sparked by nature that only has one end. The best that anyone can hope for at this point is that the containment structures hold in the major levels of radiation. BUT there are already high levels of radiation escaping that will cause great health issues for the entire public of Japan that are being picked up 150 miles away. God bless all who are in the path of this disaster. I pray that the weather along with the efforts of the local workers trying to keep this at bay are successful. A lot of lives are depending on these factors.

As if things were not already bad enough with the quake damage and the aftermath of the tsunami, which has taken thousands of lives already. The AP has just posted reports that Japan has already run out of body bags, and has requested help from funeral homes world wide. Officials in Sri Lanka have stated that if the death toll is below 10,000 that it will be a miracle. It seems more likely to be quite a bit higher. The Tsunami of Banda achie took nearly 250K. From reports some people had only ten minutes notice to get out and move to higher ground, and the waves took thousands of homes into the sea in just 30 minutes time from three different cities. This is truly a sad day for man kind.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#19)
pinkpanda3310
RC-Monster Titanium

03.15.2011, 07:16 AM

A triple shot of mass disaster. Earthquake, tsunami, nuclear.

I have a very real fear for my in-laws well being. To have 3 explosions I don't think there will be a realistic chance of not having a melt-down. They are running on sea water at the moment but their systems are designed to run purified water. There will be so much maintenance to run salt-water not just because it is corrosive but I bet there is a high amount of silt and impurities to help the degradation.

They have finally admitted the situation is dangerous, that from the Japanese Govt. indicates they are in deep $Hit. There are reports some of the US navy have a thin layer of radioactive dust on the ship. (Lito I hope that's not you). Even if the navy can help for a time I think resources are going to be limited. Patching up 3 reactors at once and preventing further disaster will be a miracle and honestly I don't think possible. With radiation already detected in Tokyo it won't take long to affect the whole country - it's not that big and a plume of radiated steam has already been let of.

I spoke with Misato (wife) and told her I want her family to come here with us in Aus. She said it's not that easy to just up and leave when things might not seem that bad in the province where they are. I am very solomn today.

More bad news
Old
  (#20)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

More bad news - 03.15.2011, 08:01 AM

Well I have already posted this in the other Tsunami thread but they also stated today that there is more trouble looming in the midst. As if things were not already bad enough dealing with losses from the very large quake, followed by a tsunami that wiped out three entire cities, now the local Gov just stated that they have a storage facility in which they place what they call "Spent" fuel rods once they have reached their maximum usage/potential for power generation. Well this pool is also normally supplied with cooling water 24/7/365 just like the rest of the system. Well there has been no cooling water supplied since the quake. The last time it was checked was on Friday at 186f, and now they cannot get close enough to doublecheck it. The fear is that from what they are able to see from a distance is that the water is already boiling off and the rods will also soon be exposed as well. So this will add another meltdown porblem for them to deal with in an already somewhat hopeless situation.

I do believe that there is really not much of anything that they can do at this point to stop any of these reactors from completely melting down and contaminating the entire area. The only question left to ask will be how large of an area will be affected and for how long? For those of you who are familiar with the "Three Mile Island" scinario this is the exact same situation times four in one very tight location. This may very well reduce the already tiny islands capabliity for supporting its population for a very very long time (150 years or more?). What a mess. Our hearts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this man made, nature sparked tragity. May God watch over this and help people find peace.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#21)
Jahay
RC-Monster Titanium

03.15.2011, 08:17 AM

This is terrible!!! I dont know what to say! My prayers go out to them!

Old
  (#22)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

03.15.2011, 10:13 AM

Man, it just goes from bad to worse doesn't it? To see whole communities decimated like that, and that's "just" from the quake and tsunami. I really hope the nuclear issue can be nullified.
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#23)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

03.15.2011, 01:02 PM

Wow, another quake in Japan. this one in Honshu (~72 miles SW of Tokyo).
Old
  (#24)
Jahay
RC-Monster Titanium

03.15.2011, 01:06 PM

really??? nothing on the news yet

Old
  (#25)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

03.15.2011, 01:09 PM

It's on CNN, but just a headline right now with no details. I saw some mention of it on FB as well.
Another quake
Old
  (#26)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Another quake - 03.15.2011, 03:18 PM

Lito had made a comment about it over on the UE forum earlier today. He said it was a 6.6 Magnitude aftershock that lasted about half a minute. The more this keeps up the more weary people will get about their outcome. It is like slowly torturing someone. He was shaken, but seemed ok. The reports from the predictors of these things say that it will go on for some time and that they may even have a bigger quake in the next few weeks or months. Japan used to be a prime place to live looking at it from an international perspective. I would think that Alaska is looking better right now.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#27)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

03.15.2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERRY2KONE View Post
...Japan used to be a prime place to live looking at it from an international perspective. I would think that Alaska is looking better right now.
I'm thinking the moon looks like a better place to live actually. If it only had a couple minor things; atmosphere, ecosystem... you know, the basics...
Soon
Old
  (#28)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Soon - 03.15.2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
I'm thinking the moon looks like a better place to live actually. If it only had a couple minor things; atmosphere, ecosystem... you know, the basics...
The way things are going in a 100 years or so the moon might be a safer place to live the way we are tearing this planet apart, and the way nature is shaking things up for us. This globe sure offers a variety of life, dosn't it?

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#29)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

03.15.2011, 03:39 PM

100 years? The way things are going, we may be lucky to see 20...
Old
  (#30)
George16
Supermaxx

03.15.2011, 04:32 PM

It's 530 Wednesday morning and I woke up to another powerful aftershock. This is very stressfull.

Castle Neu 1520 on 6S LiPo Powered Gmaxx (Nitro Killer)
Predator with OS .21TM
Supermaxx with Mach .26
Revo with OS .18TZ
Kyosho ST-RR Conversion
Ofna CR with Tekin ESC/Motor (2)