RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Castle Creations

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Motor rebuild kits: 1410 and 1415
Old
  (#1)
Thomas Porfert
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Thomas Porfert's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 301
Join Date: Feb 2008
Motor rebuild kits: 1410 and 1415 - 07.11.2011, 11:54 AM

We are finally ready to start shipping the motor rebuild kits for the 1410 and 1415 motors. Like our other rebuild kits, it includes the rotor, front endbell with bearing, extra bearing, rotor shims and endbell screws.

We have 4 different rebuild kits available:

1410 w/3.2mm shaft (P/N 011-0022-00)
1410 w/5mm shaft (PN 011-0023-00)
1415 w/3.2mm shaft (P/N 011-0024-00)
1415 w/5mm shaft (PnN 011-0025-00)

So yea, if you're looking for a 5mm shaft for your 1410 or 1415 we finally have an upgrade option. Enjoy!

Thomas Porfert
Tech Support
Castle Creations
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#2)
outlaw
Castle addicted
 
outlaw's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 146
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hamburg, Germany
07.11.2011, 01:52 PM

Thomas

Best news of the day !!!!

Thank you Castle !!!!


kind regards

Mirko

Brushless motors have to be green ....
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
slimthelineman
RC-Monster Aluminum
 
slimthelineman's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 608
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: IBEW
07.11.2011, 01:59 PM

No 1406 kits? Oh well the endbells on the front are all the same right? Guess I will just have a rotor for sale unless someone has a front endbell and bearing(3.2 mm) they would be willing to let go. My buddy has a rig dyin for this 4600 1406 four pole.

Last edited by slimthelineman; 07.11.2011 at 02:01 PM.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
outlaw
Castle addicted
 
outlaw's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 146
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hamburg, Germany
07.11.2011, 02:12 PM

Thomas

Can i also order a 1415 with 5mm Shaft on the Castle Website ?
Would save me buying the extra rotor


kind regards

Mirko

Brushless motors have to be green ....
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5)
ta_man
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Offline
Posts: 214
Join Date: Apr 2009
07.12.2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Porfert View Post
We are finally ready to start shipping the motor rebuild kits for the 1410 and 1415 motors. Like our other rebuild kits, it includes the rotor, front endbell with bearing, extra bearing, rotor shims and endbell screws.

We have 4 different rebuild kits available:

1410 w/3.2mm shaft (P/N 011-0022-00)
1410 w/5mm shaft (PN 011-0023-00)
1415 w/3.2mm shaft (P/N 011-0024-00)
1415 w/5mm shaft (PnN 011-0025-00)

So yea, if you're looking for a 5mm shaft for your 1410 or 1415 we finally have an upgrade option. Enjoy!

Thomas Porfert
Tech Support
Castle Creations
Got a question on these (sort of). Since they have been out, I have had 6 different 1410 motors in my possesion. The first three (manufacturing time wise) had wires about 4-5 inches long. The last three have wires about 8-9 inches long.

Interesing observation: There is a significant difference in the magnetic detent strength between the early motors with the short wires and the later motors with the longer wires. About as much and maybe even more difference than between a Castle 1512 and a Castle 1518 (both of which I own). Another way to characterize this: The difference in magnetic detent strength between the short wire 1410s and the long wire 1410s is greater than the difference between the 1406 and the short wire 1410. At least to my fingers.

Is this difference because of a change in the magnets? And so the real question: Do the rebuild kits have the same magnets on the rotors as the later 1410s with the long wires?

I'm sure the length of the wire is incidental, and just indicates a running change in the spec for wire length but it curious that all the long wire motors I've had have apparently stronger magnets.

I realize this effect could, alternatively, be a design change in the stator, so I'm asking the question.

Last edited by ta_man; 07.12.2011 at 03:05 PM.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
ta_man
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Offline
Posts: 214
Join Date: Apr 2009
07.12.2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimthelineman View Post
No 1406 kits? Oh well the endbells on the front are all the same right? Guess I will just have a rotor for sale unless someone has a front endbell and bearing(3.2 mm) they would be willing to let go. My buddy has a rig dyin for this 4600 1406 four pole.
AFAIK, the bearings are the same on the 5MM and 3.2MM shaft models. The shaft is 5MM where it goes through the bearings.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
Thomas Porfert
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Thomas Porfert's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 301
Join Date: Feb 2008
07.12.2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
Thomas

Can i also order a 1415 with 5mm Shaft on the Castle Website ?
Would save me buying the extra rotor
At this time we are not producing the 1415 with a 5mm shaft. There may be plans in the future to make one, but there is nothing in the works right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimthelineman View Post
No 1406 kits? Oh well the endbells on the front are all the same right? Guess I will just have a rotor for sale unless someone has a front endbell and bearing(3.2 mm) they would be willing to let go. My buddy has a rig dyin for this 4600 1406 four pole.
They are in the works, no kind of ETA yet though. We just got a new internal pricing list and there is a part number for it now; but no pricing and the notes just say coming soon. It will have the 3.2mm shaft, no plans on making a repair kit for the 1406's with a 5mm shaft.

Unfortunately the front endbells are not the same between the 1410/1415 and the 1406 motors. The 1406 has a shallower bearing recess on the inside of the endbell, so if you try to use the one from the 1410/1415 the deeper bearing recess causes it to press against the rotor and bind ups the rotor.

Thomas Porfert
Tech Support
Castle Creations
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
phatmonk
RC carbon junkie
 
phatmonk's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 634
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Iowa
07.12.2011, 06:22 PM

Awesome


SC8-E RCM MMM CC 1717
Slash 4x4 MMP CC SC 2400
SC RC8BE MMP Neu Tekno 1512/2D
Mugen MBX6 Eco MMP Neu Tekno 1515/1.5D
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#9)
outlaw
Castle addicted
 
outlaw's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 146
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hamburg, Germany
07.13.2011, 10:25 AM

Just got a used 1415 so i just need a new rotor


kind regards

Mirko

Brushless motors have to be green ....
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#10)
slimthelineman
RC-Monster Aluminum
 
slimthelineman's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 608
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: IBEW
07.15.2011, 10:18 PM

Anyone know the size of the front bearing in the 1406? Would call cc but they are always closed when I get home from work. If I could find one I might have a crack at the outer race removal from the front endbell.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#11)
Pdelcast
RC-Monster Titanium
 
Pdelcast's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 1,697
Join Date: Mar 2008
07.15.2011, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimthelineman View Post
Anyone know the size of the front bearing in the 1406? Would call cc but they are always closed when I get home from work. If I could find one I might have a crack at the outer race removal from the front endbell.

NMB : 14x5x5mm


Patrick del Castillo
President, Principle Engineer
Castle Creations
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#12)
slimthelineman
RC-Monster Aluminum
 
slimthelineman's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 608
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: IBEW
07.16.2011, 12:43 AM

Thanks Patrick. Time to resurect the four pole monster for my sc trucks.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#13)
BIG-block
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
07.16.2011, 02:01 AM

So how far away are the rebuild kits for the 1518, 1520 and the 1717????
I need a rebuild kit for my 1717 as I want to try it on 8S for a couple packs and then rebuild it with a fresh rotor just in case. Also having bought the other motors too it would be nice to have rebuild kits on the shelf for a rebuild later on down the track.

Almost cringe at the thought of the price for the 1717 rebuild kit. Would have to be way more than what I paid for it. LOL. The rebuild kit for the 1415 is what I paid for my 1717 motor. Sad in a way but can't complain since I got the motor (and few others) for a steal.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#14)
outlaw
Castle addicted
 
outlaw's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 146
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hamburg, Germany
08.15.2011, 02:00 PM

Just got my 1415 and 1410 5mm rotor...
The 1415 is even more impressive than the 1410

Castle Great Job and thank you bringing the 5mm rotors along


kind regards

Mirko

Brushless motors have to be green ....
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#15)
j.f.s
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Offline
Posts: 78
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sweden
08.15.2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG-block View Post
So how far away are the rebuild kits for the 1518, 1520 and the 1717????
I need a rebuild kit for my 1717 as I want to try it on 8S for a couple packs and then rebuild it with a fresh rotor just in case. Also having bought the other motors too it would be nice to have rebuild kits on the shelf for a rebuild later on down the track.

Almost cringe at the thought of the price for the 1717 rebuild kit. Would have to be way more than what I paid for it. LOL. The rebuild kit for the 1415 is what I paid for my 1717 motor. Sad in a way but can't complain since I got the motor (and few others) for a steal.
Sadly there won't be any kits for those motors:
http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/show...12&postcount=8
   
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



RC Monster




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com