RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Castle Creations

V1 Mamba Monster - repair policy?
Old
  (#1)
jhautz
RC-Monster Mod

V1 Mamba Monster - repair policy? - 08.14.2012, 08:33 PM

I was wondering. I still have a V1 mamba monster from way back when they were first released. Original shorter case and everything. With all of the issues that they had when they were first released I did some mods to the case on the unit cutting out some relief under the board and cutting out the fan slat area so the fan didnt get caught on the case.

It lasted a long time, but its finally time to get it updated/upgraded to the latest version. It actually still works, but the black ceramic stuff around the little coil on the bottom of the bottom pc board cracked off and was rattling around inside the case. I took out the pieces and put it back together but Im sure this thing is finally on its last leg.

Anyway, Long story short.... (I know... too late)

Can I still send this thing in and get a replacement unit for free? I know back in the day Castle was saying that you can send in a V1 and get it updated for free forever, but I'm wondering if now years later that forever window has run out...

I sent an email to CC support and they told me to send it in with the original receipt and if it was under warranty they would fix/replace it. Well there is no way I'm finding the receipt for this sucker any more. (although Im sure I bought it from Mike) and there is no way its still under the original waranty period.

Has anyone tried getting an old V1 MMM updated lately? As far as I know this may be the last functioning one on the planet. LOL

I can't decide if its more fun
to make it...
or break it...

Silent...But Deadly

Old
  (#2)
ksb51rl
RC-Monster Stock

08.14.2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
Like was already said a couple times; If it is truly a V1 or V2, Castle will replace it for free no matter what state it is in; brand spanking new in box, pile of smoking ash, or heavily modified with garden gnomes installed.

The $70 flat out-of-warranty fee is for all other failures after V1/V2.
From HERE