Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Brushless

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
X-Maxx Project (Long but please read)
Old
  (#1)
GorillaMaxx360
Always Willing to Obtain More Knowledge

Smile X-Maxx Project (Long but please read) - 01.22.2007, 08:00 PM

OK guys it is time. I have been saving money and collecting parts for 2 years and I have still about a half of a year but I will show you what I have got now. Here it is.

I decided to go with this conversion because of the strength and durability and the looks. It all came down to this conversion or the GorillaMaxx conversion with combo bulks and slipperential. I decided to go with this FLM conversion with hybrids and HB diffs for many reasons. The first reason is because my car is an E-Maxx and I feel my car is suitable to bash and race but more so to bash, so I chose these parts to represent this. (No offense to those of you racers with E-Maxx and the gmaxx chassis because I love to race and I love the look of your car and it will probably keep up with other nitro truggys on the track. Reason two I decided to go with this because it was cheaper I know I already had 600 to start with but it would take a lot of weeks to get the extra stuff that I would need to get the gmaxx conversion ready,( for example 100 bucks more in diffs, 120 more in CVDs, 70 more in knuckles, 80 more on shocks, 20 more on oil and lube, 40 more on skids, 20 more on hinge pins, and a few other small stuff) this stuff would easily equal over 450 extra dollars and with what I chose now I got all of this stuff at the sacrifice of the performance and looks from the gmaxx and slipperential combo. I know to some this may be only 450 but with my allowance at 10 bucks a week it would take 45 weeks almost a year. Reason three “I Want to drive this thing” and the less cash I spend on performance I can use on getting it ready all I need not to get this thing running is a single speed transmission, motor, CVDs, batteries, and radio. And this means with the money I save on these I can put in to getting it running. Fourth reason I feel with the other setup I will notice a difference in performance but unfortunately I will be racing on-road, which means am I going to tell as much of a difference as I would on off road. Plus I will be racing nitro Revos, truggys, and T-Maxx. And when you race on tight street tracks the car matters but it all come down to the driver. With this said I believe my self that I will be able to win if I have more time to practice than if I had the extra performance (this is what I mean – guy races for 5 months with my car, diff guy comes around with gmaxx and slipperential (both guys start out racing for the first time one just 5 months before the other) the guy with my car wins and the other says why does he win when I have a way better car. The guy explains that he has 5 more months of experience than him and if they both practice at the same time he is always 5 months more experienced better. In my situation I believe this because I believe if I race with my car now for a whole summer I will race better next season than if I waited until next season to start but I started with a better car.). Also I feel that I my self am a bad driver and the gmaxx will not make as much of a difference as it would with somebody better like RC-Monster Mike. Enough of that let me

Old
  (#2)
GorillaMaxx360

01.22.2007, 08:00 PM

tell you what I have here.
1.) FLM chassis
2.) FLM combo Bulks
3.) FLM bulk braces
4.) FLM shock towers
5.) HB diffs
6.) Punisher turnbuckles
7.) GorillaMaxx skids
8.) GorillaMaxx battery straps
9.) Traxxas big bore shocks
10.) Flextek titanium arms
11.) Quark 125B
12.) Hitec HSC5955 servo
13.) Stormer Hobbies wing Mounts
14.) GS truggy wing
Some things to come

1.) Spektrum DX3.0 radio (getting for 100 bucks-good deal- if not for this deal I would get a nomadio)
2.) G1 single speed conversion
3.) Steel idler
4.) Rc monster heat sink motor
5.) RC monster heat sink esc
6.) Mamba monster maxx motor
7.) Maxamps 8000mah batteries
8.) UE 6mm CVDs

Also from doing this project I have made many mistakes like I have purchased/ or been given the wrong things for my project that I thought would work but they either did not fit or were not up to speed on their quality. These items include Tsais CVDs or Revo $70, MSR5 Integy shocks $120, 17mm Ofna hexes $25, and Revo aluminum Integy knuckles $55 bucks. I know it is said but I have all these items and they all have never been used just sitting around collecting dust that is well over 200 bucks in stuff that I can not use I hope to sell it if not that will be some extras that I can not use, I also have the parts to build 2 E-Maxx stock rollers minus three stets of bulkheads.
these items are just some of the parts i can not use.

Out of all of this I say I have learned a lot and I thank you guys so much for all your help and I would name some of you guys but there is so many so special thanks for all and if you actually read all of this thanks tell me what you guys think.
THANKS A TON GUYS.:004:

Last edited by GorillaMaxx360; 01.22.2007 at 08:01 PM.

Old
  (#3)
Sylvester
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

01.22.2007, 08:31 PM

Looks VERY nice gorilla. Glad to see you FINALLY started your project! :)

The problem with nitro's these days are that they arent brushless... LOL

Losi 8ight e
MMM / Neu 1512 2.5d/f
Thunderpower 5s 5000
  Send a message via MSN to Sylvester  
Old
  (#4)
cemetery gates

01.22.2007, 08:57 PM

Looks like you made the right choice after all of the research you did:018: I am sure that you will have a blast running it!

Question, why can't you use the revo cvds, knuckles, and ofna 17mm hex's? Would it not make it like the 3.3 maxx? All you need is t-maxx 3.3 turnbuckles...

Bye:018:

Old
  (#5)
sjcrss
Hyper 7 Erevo Center Diff

01.22.2007, 09:03 PM

looks great, keep us informed

Bl E-REVO
Quark 125b
Castle Creations-Neu 2200kv motor
((2s2p)(4s)
7800mah 7.4v Lipo Pack
E-Revo 1/8 scale Hyper 7 CD
http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/show...1&goto=newpost
  Send a message via MSN to sjcrss Send a message via Skype™ to sjcrss 
Old
  (#6)
GorillaMaxx360

01.22.2007, 09:05 PM

This goes to cemetery gates
the tsais cvd at the end where the ball like thing with the pin in it is and that goes into the ballcup. Well the ball part of the cvd is to thick and it wont fit inside of the hb diff cup and i can not use the diff cups that come with the tsais ones because the the hb diffs dont allow you to change the end of the diff cup, the other reason i will chose not to use them is because many people seem to have problems with these breaking and i dont want to take a chance so i will sell them unsued and just buy some 6mm cvds but man they do look cool.

Last edited by GorillaMaxx360; 01.22.2007 at 09:47 PM.

Old
  (#7)
GorillaMaxx360

01.22.2007, 09:08 PM

does anybody know what the stock shock oil weight the big bores come with because it seems the shocks are a little stiff or maby it is suppose to be that way. i can drop it from 5 feet and get minimal maby a centemeter or so of bounce and even then it is almost not noticable but when i push the front down while sitting still it apperars to be somewhat stiff. is the shocks suppose to be this way for norman bashing and jumping. also the shock seems when compressed on the truck fron a 5 feet drop droops about and 1 inch from bottoming out and then it raises back up but it is still about and 1inch ro 2 lower than when the shocks where before a drop. does this sound normal BTW I love these shocks way better in quality than the integys and half the price .

Last edited by GorillaMaxx360; 01.22.2007 at 09:11 PM.

Old
  (#8)
Sylvester
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

01.22.2007, 09:13 PM

The stock weight is 30wt.

Bigbores are nice ; id think stock oil would be to soft, you will see the difference once everything is on the truck, than you will need 45 or 50 wt oil.

The problem with nitro's these days are that they arent brushless... LOL

Losi 8ight e
MMM / Neu 1512 2.5d/f
Thunderpower 5s 5000
  Send a message via MSN to Sylvester  
Old
  (#9)
coolhandcountry
RC-Monster Mod

01.22.2007, 09:16 PM

Well it looks good so far. Hope the cvds work out for you.

Peace!
Country
Help support the
Rc-Monster
Buy here

My pics and videos

Old
  (#10)
BP-Revo
BMW M Power!

01.22.2007, 09:26 PM

Looks good, but I hate to tell you that you are going to be bending hingepins all over the place without a VBS setup.

BL Revo: CF G2R, LMT1940/7, 6S FP 30C Lipos, MMM, Hitec 5955TG
CRT .5: 7075 Ext Chassis, LMT1930/7, FP 25C 3S Lipos, MM

Old
  (#11)
GorillaMaxx360

01.22.2007, 09:44 PM

what do you mean bending a bunch of higne pins i will be bashing but not jumping anything more than 7 ft or so at the most and then that will be very rare, i am using ti higne pins so i guess they are good most of my driving will be on flat ground anyway.

Old
  (#12)
BP-Revo
BMW M Power!

01.22.2007, 09:45 PM

You will see...

I've bent so many Titanium Hingepins on my E-Maxx it isn't even funny...

Thats probably 40% of the reason I got my G2R lol...

Old
  (#13)
GorillaMaxx360

01.22.2007, 09:48 PM

what where you jumping.

Is there anything here you guys do to prevent this

Old
  (#14)
pinolelst
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

01.22.2007, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaMaxx360
what where you jumping.

Is there anything here you guys do to prevent this
Nothing is bullet proof.Those arms look nice and stiff ($$) and if somethings gonna bend ....and it will in a crash..a bad landing...another racer t-boning you in a corner:005: ...etc.......be glad if it's just the hinge pins

relax

pinolelst

Old
  (#15)
BP-Revo
BMW M Power!

01.22.2007, 10:04 PM

Well actually I'd rather all the force go into the arms because they will never break. If they do, they get replaced for free. On top of that, they flex and absorb some impact, so that helps as well.

I was at the track doing small jumps. Most I got was 4 feet of air and maybe 7 feet distance. It wasn't anything spectacular, but none the less it bent the hingepins like butter.