RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Castle Creations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#46)
Pdelcast
RC-Monster Titanium

06.09.2012, 10:53 PM

To counterfeit means to illegally imitate something. Counterfeit products are often produced with the intent to take advantage of the superior value of the imitated product. The word counterfeit frequently describes both the forgeries of currency and documents, as well as the imitations of works of art, toys, clothing, software[citation needed], pharmaceuticals, watches, electronics and company logos and brands.

-stolen from Wikipedia

Patrick del Castillo
President, Principle Engineer
Castle Creations

Old
  (#47)
Nick
COOKIES!

06.10.2012, 09:54 AM

The ones I am selling after checking stock do not have the Castle trademark.

~ Nick.

Old
  (#48)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

06.11.2012, 11:40 AM

Sirius motors has emailed me several times - they actually offered "Castle Motors" as well as their own branded motors and my own OEM motors if desired. I could have easily gone this route and probably quietly made some money, but this is simply not my way. I have probably been offered clones of just about everything out there from many clone companies. I will buy my Castle motors from Castle or a distributor even if they cost me twice as much and I only sell half as many as the cheaper versions out there. Maybe I am a bad businessman, but if so then so be it. Integrity is more important to me than money and I will not support outright theft of property - intellectual or otherwise. Right is right and wrong is wrong. I support Castle and Castle supports me. In the long run, this is the best way.

Old
  (#49)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

06.11.2012, 11:50 AM

Word Mike!

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer
GTP-Pletty Big Maxximum+RX8. GTP-C50-6L Hacker+RX8. CRT.5-Pro4+ZTW esc.
24s2p EVG SX 49.6mph Ebike.
18s4p Raptor 60mph Ebike. 11.5KW

Old
  (#50)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

06.11.2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Monster Mike View Post
Sirius motors has emailed me several times - they actually offered "Castle Motors" as well as their own branded motors and my own OEM motors if desired. I could have easily gone this route and probably quietly made some money, but this is simply not my way. I have probably been offered clones of just about everything out there from many clone companies. I will buy my Castle motors from Castle or a distributor even if they cost me twice as much and I only sell half as many as the cheaper versions out there. Maybe I am a bad businessman, but if so then so be it. Integrity is more important to me than money and I will not support outright theft of property - intellectual or otherwise. Right is right and wrong is wrong. I support Castle and Castle supports me. In the long run, this is the best way.
See Mike, this is why your business isn't wildly successful. The terms "right" and "integrity" have no place in today's business (or political) world. Lies, thievery, and the almighty dollar reign supreme in this society. There is no place whatsoever for anything as trivial as morals.
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#51)
padrino
hmmm...

06.11.2012, 12:16 PM

The last post in that thread is sad in many ways... The site admin acknowledges they have no relationship to Castle and then points out they make good products basically dismissing the infringement as a whole... Note the RC he drives and products he uses wouldn't exist if this behavior was condoned.

It's sad to see how him and the others on the thread think it's alright for a company to do this and even worse, for them to consciously take part in it as a consumer.

Old
  (#52)
TexasSP
Something, anything, nothing

06.11.2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
The ones I am selling after checking stock do not have the Castle trademark.
So that justifies it then?!?!?!

It's wrong no matter how you choose to sugar coat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Monster Mike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by snellemin View Post
Word Mike!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
See Mike, this is why your business isn't wildly successful. The terms "right" and "integrity" have no place in today's business (or political) world. Lies, thievery, and the almighty dollar reign supreme in this society. There is no place whatsoever for anything as trivial as morals.
X2

The great thing about integrity is that it is priceless. Real integrity cannot be bought or sold, no price can bring it down. Those that don't have just makes those that do shine much brighter.

www.cubicle101.com
A friends comic strip website.

Old
  (#53)
Nick
COOKIES!

06.11.2012, 01:56 PM

I've been discussing this with Sirius and the design on future motors is being changed to not resemble Castle so closely.

I appreciate your comments.

~ Nick.

Old
  (#54)
suicideneil
Old Skool

06.11.2012, 01:59 PM

Well well, interesting info from Mike there.

Changing the design of the motors, and the style of font on the boxes too would be wise. Naughty Sirius...

Last edited by suicideneil; 06.11.2012 at 02:00 PM.

Old
  (#55)
Nick
COOKIES!

06.11.2012, 02:09 PM

Same box structure but cosmetics are completely different really, bright purple and Sirius logo does not resemble that of Castles to be honest, putting them side-by-side, you'd not really notice.

The motors however, yeah, I've said already and that is being changed.

~ Nick.

Old
  (#56)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

06.11.2012, 02:23 PM

IMO, the damage is done. They have already cloned/copied the licensed design without consent - changing the look and color after the fact doesn't make it alright IMO. I have made dozens of one-off designs to customer's drawings or specs throughout the years - I don't sell someone else's design without consent and/or credit to the designer - making minor cosmetic changes and calling it my own would be shady. Sirius can probably make good motors, but they seem shady to me based on this scenario.

Old
  (#57)
Nick
COOKIES!

06.11.2012, 02:31 PM

To Sirius's reputation, I'd partially agree Mike but protecting Castle's interests is still a priority, I've already said I am no longer distributing these until the changes are made.

Once they are, they can stand as an independent motor company.

Sure I'm "the bad guy" here but it's maybe a good thing I'm at least trying to resolve these issues rather than it being let run mad by somebody who has no face.

~ Nick.

Old
  (#58)
jayjay283
RC-Monster Titanium

06.11.2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
To Sirius's reputation, I'd partially agree Mike but protecting Castle's interests is still a priority, I've already said I am no longer distributing these until the changes are made.

Sure I'm "the bad guy" here but it's maybe a good thing I'm at least trying to resolve these issues rather than it being let run mad by somebody who has no face.
You have made a nice name for yourself in the UK and even to us in the USA and beyond. Don't tarnish it up dealing with wankers.

Old
  (#59)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

06.11.2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:

Better than nothing? I guess it depends on how you look at it. If someone stole your car and painted it before selling it as their own, would that be ok?

Old
  (#60)
x-y
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.12.2012, 05:19 AM

everybody have her own opinion ...... but for me, pay 250$ for a motor of 380gr is crazy

overcoat when Im racing using motors of 80$ 370gr 4pole and works great ..... very similar than castle, tekin or other expensive motors

SWORKZ BE-1, LEOPARD, HOBBYWING, GENS ACE, SANWA VX, FUTABA 3PL, MBX5R/T, RB5SPSL, FG MONSTER, TC5R, 808E, HYPER8, TF5, ZX5, NANO-TECH, HYPERION, 620DMG, ECO6-10, TEAM-IHOBBIES

Last edited by x-y; 06.12.2012 at 05:20 AM.