RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#16)
suicideneil
Old Skool

10.25.2007, 08:56 PM

Place diff into case, observing the little engraved 'E' which shows which way round to place diff depending on whether it is for Nitro or Electric use.

A Voila, one completed UE & HB 1/8 diff, complete with 3.3size output shafts. The stock 3.3spec diff is a piece of plastic crap by comparison.

The only issue I have encountered is that the rear RCM dogbone is about 2-3mm too long now, since the pinion shaft is longer than on the stock diff, causing it to bind up against the end of the dogbone. The solution is to dremel the end of the dogbone alittle on both ends and deepen the slots on the tranny output cup, allowing for a tiny bit of extra clearance & movement. The only mistake I made was not to order any set-screws to hold the HB dogbone cups onto the pinion shafts- I believe I need two 4mm set-screws (ordering now).

Old
  (#17)
tashpop
RC-Monster Aluminum

11.02.2007, 10:05 PM

this thread just saved my but, thanks. i was about to gain 300lbs and turn green in the garage.

Old
  (#18)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

11.02.2007, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashpop View Post
this thread just saved my but, thanks. i was about to gain 300lbs and turn green in the garage.
"BEEFCAKE!"

"Get in the kitchen and make me some pie" (said in Cartman's voice)

I too am learning from this thread as the bombproof racebomb that I am putting together has the hybrid diff cases and my cvds have a much larger ball end than the HB diff outputs. Mailman was kind enough to send me a pair of these modded output shafts so I will give them a try.

Old
  (#19)
squeeforever
RC-Monster Mod

11.03.2007, 12:37 AM

Lincpimp, I'm working on building a Racebomb as well. What chassis do you have? I got a lexan bottom with the 7075 top plate (#5 of 11 I think?). I wish I could find a CF one though...
  Send a message via AIM to squeeforever  
Old
  (#20)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

11.03.2007, 02:12 AM

Hmmmmm...

You want a carbon fiber chassis. I have the all lexan variation, with the al braces. I am actually going to buy some more lexan and make an upper plate that will use a dual steering setup like the new emaxx. I will be speaking to a cnc guy soon and should have the ability to replicate the upper and lower plates. I have torpedo braces that need a top plate too. Not too familiar with cf, is it hard to mill, or hard on the bits? I will question the cnc guy when I talk to him. I am sure that I can get the cf plates made, do you have an idea on desired thickness of the cf?

Old
  (#21)
squeeforever
RC-Monster Mod

11.03.2007, 03:26 AM

No, no idea actually...They made something like 4 carbon fiber ones and there pretty hard to find. I had the chance to get one, but couldn't afford the whole truck. I actually need to get some braces before anything. since I only have the decks. Anyway, at a guess, I'd say the lower would need to be a good 3.5-4mm thick.
Old
  (#22)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

11.03.2007, 03:29 AM

Do you want the braces now? I will be getting the oportunity to acuire some new bpp parts soon. Let me know as it may be tomorrow if time allows!

Old
  (#23)
suicideneil
Old Skool

11.03.2007, 07:47 PM

FWIW, a kid on the traxxas forums has a BPP torpedo chassis, but he is missing the braces at the moment- Im sure he would be willing to sell if anyone was interested.

Old
  (#24)
tashpop
RC-Monster Aluminum

11.03.2007, 09:03 PM

well, i have overlooked something on my build. i now have to locate a front driveshaft/dog bone. i went to the lhs and all they had was front and rear mip set and wanted $65 for it. i didn't buy those needless to say. i'm using the flm ext chassis, should that still use the stock length front shaft? anybody know where to get only the front one?

Old
  (#25)
squeeforever
RC-Monster Mod

11.03.2007, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincpimp View Post
Do you want the braces now? I will be getting the oportunity to acuire some new bpp parts soon. Let me know as it may be tomorrow if time allows!
Yea, I kinda need/want the braces ASAP. I also need some battery trays for the BPP LSP chassis if you can acquire them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashpop View Post
well, i have overlooked something on my build. i now have to locate a front driveshaft/dog bone. i went to the lhs and all they had was front and rear mip set and wanted $65 for it. i didn't buy those needless to say. i'm using the flm ext chassis, should that still use the stock length front shaft? anybody know where to get only the front one?
Mike should have it.
Old
  (#26)
tashpop
RC-Monster Aluminum

11.03.2007, 09:53 PM

i see that he has a 72mm one, but i'm not sure if thats the one i need. i guess an email should let me know.

Old
  (#27)
squeeforever
RC-Monster Mod

11.03.2007, 09:59 PM

72 should be the right one.
Old
  (#28)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

11.04.2007, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeeforever View Post
Yea, I kinda need/want the braces ASAP. I also need some battery trays for the BPP LSP chassis if you can acquire them.
I may be able to get the battery trays for the 1/8 scale chassis, and you need the braces for the racebomb, correct? I should be able to get as many upper and lower lexan plates made as needed.

Old
  (#29)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

11.04.2007, 07:32 AM

You will need to order the 72mm shaft, but leave a note for the proper shaft - the 72mm length is a touch longer than stock for use with the Gmaxx chassis. Stock is around 70mm and I generally use around 68mm for the FLM chassis - I have this size floating around, so simply request it in the order. :)

Old
  (#30)
tashpop
RC-Monster Aluminum

11.04.2007, 08:08 AM

good news, thanks.

Tags
bullet proof, diffs, emaxx, hotbodies, unlimited engineering