RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Questions and Answers > Pre Sales Questions

FLM rustler tranny case
Old
  (#1)
Sammus
RC-Monster Titanium

FLM rustler tranny case - 03.23.2008, 12:07 PM

Howdy, I noticed on the FLM website they actually make two different versions - one with 1 deg toe, and the other with 4deg toe. Which one does RCM carry?

Also, I noticed that the pic in the RCM store the arm mounts have two holes in them, any reason for that?

Thirdly, if eg I did by the 4 deg toe version, and decided it was too much, can I buy the 1 deg arm mounts somewhere seperately? they dont seem to be listed in the RCM store or on the FLM page...

And lastly, is the FLM tranny and arm mounts compatible with the stock rustler arms and driveshafts etc? I think I remember reading somewhere that u need to use nitro arms, though I could be imagining it because I can't seem to find that reference anymore lol..

Cheers

Sam

Old
  (#2)
MetalMan
RC-Monster Mod

03.23.2008, 04:36 PM

The arm mounts used on the tranny case are the same ones FLM makes for the Nitro Rustler (so you can use any arm mounts FLM makes for the Nitro Rustler). They use two screws to secure them to the chassis, and the hinge pin hole is drilled differently to obtain either 1deg. or 4deg. of toe-in.

Stock Rustler arms and driveshafts work just fine.

SH Z-Car, Custom Crawler, 8s Savage, 12s XTM XLB 1/7 buggy, 4wd 4-link rear/IFS Pro4 truck, Custom Hyper 10 Short Course, Belt-Drive Mammoth ST 1/8 truggy, 4s 17.5 MM Pro HPI Blitz

Old
  (#3)
Sammus
RC-Monster Titanium

03.23.2008, 08:54 PM

So the two suspension pin holes on either side arm mount in the picture are for the two different toe settings? surely not.. it looks like they would significantly change your track width and you would need different length CVDs and all? or Is one set of holes used for the extended arms or something?

I was under the impression that you get different pairs of arm mounts for different amounts of toe in, and my question was, how much toe do the arm mounts have in the tranny kit in the RCM store? :P

Old
  (#4)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....

03.24.2008, 01:07 AM

I just got one, it came with 1 degree mounts.

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Old
  (#5)
MetalMan
RC-Monster Mod

03.24.2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammus View Post
So the two suspension pin holes on either side arm mount in the picture are for the two different toe settings? surely not.. it looks like they would significantly change your track width and you would need different length CVDs and all? or Is one set of holes used for the extended arms or something?

I was under the impression that you get different pairs of arm mounts for different amounts of toe in, and my question was, how much toe do the arm mounts have in the tranny kit in the RCM store? :P
Ah, it's those holes you were referring to (I forgot about them). One set of holes is just to extend the width by something like 1/4" per side. You don't have to do that, though, if you already have suitable dogbones or CVDs. These holes do not have anything to do with the 1 or 4 deg. of toe.

I can't tell which mounts those are.

SH Z-Car, Custom Crawler, 8s Savage, 12s XTM XLB 1/7 buggy, 4wd 4-link rear/IFS Pro4 truck, Custom Hyper 10 Short Course, Belt-Drive Mammoth ST 1/8 truggy, 4s 17.5 MM Pro HPI Blitz