RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Questions and Answers > Pre Sales Questions

RD Logics Tranny Case
Old
  (#1)
azjc

RD Logics Tranny Case - 04.01.2008, 03:12 PM

I was looking at thier Aluminum tranny case on Ebay, I was wondering if anybody has any expierence with any of thier products

http://cgi.ebay.com/RDLogics-Revo-3-...QQcmdZViewItem

Old
  (#2)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

04.01.2008, 03:16 PM

Wow, that must have taken lots of machining to get that done! $85 is a little steep for a tranny case, but really not bad considering what's involved.

Don't know about the quality of their stuff though.

Just curious, why do you want an Al case? Is it for looks or durability compared to stock?
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#3)
azjc

04.01.2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
Wow, that must have taken lots of machining to get that done! $85 is a little steep for a tranny case, but really not bad considering what's involved.

Don't know about the quality of their stuff though.

Just curious, why do you want an Al case? Is it for looks or durability compared to stock?
its not for the looks, I dont care how it looks just how it performs, I have heard about increased strength with other vehicles tranny cases

Old
  (#4)
Serum
RC-Monster Admin

04.01.2008, 03:24 PM

the revo gear case is not an issue; the problem is with plastic difhousings. it's best to replace those with aluminum.

Old
  (#5)
lutach
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

04.01.2008, 04:07 PM

I have their TC3 diff cases in my TC3 truggy and they are ok. They are not machined though.
  Send a message via MSN to lutach  
Old
  (#6)
Duster_360

04.01.2008, 09:34 PM

I have an RD logic trans case for a Tmaxx (currently on a SM). There were probs - the hole for the brake puck (little brass thing that pushes the inner brake plate) was not deep enough - not even close. Its hard to make it deeper without a milling machine and a flat bottom mill, but between deepening the hole and reducing th thickness of puck, it allows good brakes. Took time and needed a lot of had fitting.

The other prob was in shimming the trans shafts. The brg to brg inside distance in the RD Logics case must be larger than stock cause I had to use a lot more shims than a stock plastic case to cut the travel. If you get one, be prepared to do some work to make it work right.

It is a nice looking case though with a brushed alum finish versus the usual bright and shiny finish on others.

Old
  (#7)
azjc

04.03.2008, 03:36 AM

after doing the tranny mods I was thinking "this tranny really seems to be wimpy" but maybe it will be ok, but in the past vehicles I have run the diffs are the weak points and maybe investing in a set of 1/8 hybid difs is what I might need to do