RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Novak

Old
  (#16)
NovakTwo
Senior Strategist

11.14.2008, 12:52 PM

Our Tech Staff prefers to answer customer application questions directly. The quickest way to get help is to email charlie@teamnovak.com .

Often the techs have follow-up questions for the customer, so they require direct access rather than going thru me. I, personally, am not qualified to answer technical queries.

Novak Electronics, Inc.

Old
  (#17)
JThiessen
RC-Monster Brushless

11.14.2008, 01:07 PM

Glad to see that you are actually still here NovakTwo. I was apparently misinformed about your where abouts.

Losi 8T 1.0, Savage Flux - XL style, LST XXL, Muggy, 3.3 E-Revo Conversion and sitting outside 425hp, 831 Tq Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel. It SMOKES

Old
  (#18)
xtownrc
RC-Monster Stock

12.10.2008, 04:45 PM

I just got done putting together a Demo RC8 for our shop with the Tekno conversion and the Novak HV Pro 4.5 with 2 LRP 3600 NiMH. At first we had the Elektri-Clutch on there and thought that might be messing up the feedback the motor was sending the ESC, but I replaced that with a pinion gear and I still have the same problem. It will go at very lower speeds for a couple of seconds then will either take off and cut out or will just cut out. LiPo Mode is off. One of our suppliers is looking into the issue for us at Novak to see if they can get answers and faster. They also said they have other customers having similar issues.

Old
  (#19)
NovakTwo
Senior Strategist

12.10.2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtownrc View Post
I just got done putting together a Demo RC8 for our shop with the Tekno conversion and the Novak HV Pro 4.5 with 2 LRP 3600 NiMH. At first we had the Elektri-Clutch on there and thought that might be messing up the feedback the motor was sending the ESC, but I replaced that with a pinion gear and I still have the same problem.

It will go at very lower speeds for a couple of seconds then will either take off and cut out or will just cut out. LiPo Mode is off. One of our suppliers is looking into the issue for us at Novak to see if they can get answers and faster. They also said they have other customers having similar issues.
You can contact charlie@teamnovak.com with questions about Novak products.

Novak Electronics, Inc.

Old
  (#20)
xtownrc
RC-Monster Stock

12.11.2008, 02:27 PM

I've somewhat fixed the problem. I am still having some issues with reverse, but I think that's the 27mHz AM radio I have. I took the rotor out of the motor and shot some air in the motor to clean it out and put the rotor back in. When I put the rotor back in it didn't seem to align correct by itself because of the magnets so I placed the rotor in the motor cap first and then put the rotor back in, it took a few wiggles to get it all the way set back in. Then I tightened down the cap screws, and I think this was key, I did it evenly one turn, one screw, a little then the next to get that cap on as straight as possible. I tried to torque them all the same by hand as best I could. It seemed like the loud clicking noise that it was making before was totally gone. The rotor turned very smoothly and quiet for the most part. I put it all back together and as long as I stay close to the receiver with my weak radio, everything seems to work great. I'll get a new radio and let you know if all problems are gone.

I'll send Charlie an email and let him know.