RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Unlimited Engineering

Hardcore Racing meets Unlimited Engineering
Old
  (#1)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Hardcore Racing meets Unlimited Engineering - 09.01.2012, 12:03 PM

I have had a few builds on here using all HCR parts. But the time has come to mix my HCR stuff with some of the UE stuff. I don't know if anyone on here even cares to see, but figured I would just post a few pics since Im excited about it and I know a few people have been following my other HCR builds.

About 2 weeks ago I picked up my first VBS. I had had the Racer X for a while. I had it all sitting there and couldn't stand it, so I had to mount it to something. I like the way it looks, so I might just go ahead and build it all the way.

Then today I got my second set of VBS and mounted it up as well.

Old
  (#2)
magman
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

09.01.2012, 01:49 PM

Very nice...lots of bling!

1. MBX-6 T8 1900KV, RX8 ON 4S
2. MBX-5T 1520, MMM ON 5S
3. MBX-5 ONROAD CONVERSION 1515, MMM ON 5S
4. MRX-3 ON ROAD CONVERSION 1512, MMM ON 6S
5. TEN T 2650 T8, MMP ON 3S

Old
  (#3)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....

09.03.2012, 09:40 PM

love it!

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Old
  (#4)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

09.03.2012, 10:16 PM

Best of the best! More going on here than mere bling.

Old
  (#5)
magman
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

09.04.2012, 05:38 PM

The best of the best is bling!

1. MBX-6 T8 1900KV, RX8 ON 4S
2. MBX-5T 1520, MMM ON 5S
3. MBX-5 ONROAD CONVERSION 1515, MMM ON 5S
4. MRX-3 ON ROAD CONVERSION 1512, MMM ON 6S
5. TEN T 2650 T8, MMP ON 3S

Old
  (#6)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.04.2012, 09:49 PM

Very nice as usual.

Do you plan on finishing all of these trucks as rollers or completly ready to run, full electronics in each?

Can we see a pic of them all together?

Thanks for sharing,
Nick

Tamiya TRF801Xt-e

Old
  (#7)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.14.2012, 07:33 PM

Sorry for the delayed response nastety92. I do plan on finishing at least one truck with the VBS and RacerX, but I don't know which chassis I like it on best yet. So Im mounting it to the ones I think will look good and seeing what I like the best. Of course I counted it up and there I have 15 chassis' right now, so selecting the one that gets the best suspension setup out there isn't going to be easy. I will post a picture of the VBS and RacerX on my newest chassis in a few minutes.

One question for you, does your username possibly refer to a 92 GMC Typhoon?

Old
  (#8)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.14.2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazerss View Post
Sorry for the delayed response nastety92. I do plan on finishing at least one truck with the VBS and RacerX, but I don't know which chassis I like it on best yet. So Im mounting it to the ones I think will look good and seeing what I like the best. Of course I counted it up and there I have 15 chassis' right now, so selecting the one that gets the best suspension setup out there isn't going to be easy. I will post a picture of the VBS and RacerX on my newest chassis in a few minutes.

One question for you, does your username possibly refer to a 92 GMC Typhoon?
Sounds good would love to see some pics of the whole "family"

Yes it does.
NASTE = Northeast Association of Syclone Typhoon Enthusiats.
I own a 92 Typhoon. It should be running again soon.

Nick

Tamiya TRF801Xt-e

Old
  (#9)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.14.2012, 08:45 PM

Here is pics of the VBS and Racer X mounted to my newest chassis.

I will try to get pics of the "whole family" or at least most of the family in one shot.

I love the Typhoons and Syclones. I have never owned one, but have searched hard for a nice Syclone that I could afford. My username represents my 1986 S10 Blazer. Its got a mostly TBI 350 along with a good bit of suspension upgrades. Not sure if your familiar with the ZQ8 package for the S10's that was offered in the earlier 2000's, but I have essentially created an 86 ZQ8 S10.

Old
  (#10)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.15.2012, 08:02 AM

That is a nice looking Blazer. I had a 92 Jimmy as well. Those ZQ8 steering components must have made a big difference in the truck.

The rc trucks look great like always. I thought you had more completly built maxx trucks.

Nick

Tamiya TRF801Xt-e

Last edited by nastety92; 09.15.2012 at 11:14 PM.

Old
  (#11)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.15.2012, 10:06 AM

Thanks man. The blazer was my first car. Did the engine swap on spring break my senior year in high school. My automotive services teacher told me it couldn't be done in a week, so my Dad said yes it can, and it was, haha. Here is some of my Dads work.

Right now I have 2 plug and play trucks. The Gmaxx and an FLM based runner. The Gmaxx has never been run, but it is all there all the way down to the receiver and servo. I will take pics today and post up.

I would love to see a pic of your typhoon.

Old
  (#12)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.15.2012, 11:19 PM

It looks like your dad does some great work. The engine is dressed up real nice in that Nova.

Have you used the FLM based runner truck a lot? Is that your basher or do you have other vehicles for that?

Here is a pic of my Typhoon.

I'm waiting for it to get finished. A friend is putting in a new cam and making some other changes.

Nick

Tamiya TRF801Xt-e

HCR items
Old
  (#13)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

HCR items - 09.16.2012, 06:37 AM

Hey Blazers love the look of the HCR gear with the VBS. I think you should use the HCR chassis setup with the VBS and racer-X suspenssion. Its nice to see someone having fun with this area of Maxx parts. It always amazes me how these Maxx based turcks have remained popular for some of us after so many years. Considering that there have been so many other models and updated versions of various vehicles that we still play with these same platforms. I have about eight of them and plan to play with them for many years to come until I am satisfied with the setups that I am working on. I only have one VBS and cannot make up my mind which platform it looks best on.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#14)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.16.2012, 08:52 AM

Nick, the Typhoon looks great. I always like those wheels on them and the ZR1 corvette wheels. Yours is also in my favorite color for the TY, my second is the green with silver cladding.

I run the FLM truck a lot when Im in the mood for running. Sometimes I go months and never play with any thing, other times I run everyday of the week. It has been used a lot though and has been played with hard and put up wet and still performs amazingly. It has handled everything I have thrown at it and begged for more. It is my basher/runner. Im very rough on it but I can say nothing but good things about all the parts I used on it. It has truly been a bulletproof truck for me on 5s. Im going to 6s soon I believe, so we will see what happens then.

Jerry, Im in the same situation as you. I can't decide what to put these VBS on. I will figure it out though.

Old
  (#15)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.16.2012, 10:06 PM

Here is a few pics of the fleet that are actually looking like trucks and not just a chassis.

Last edited by Blazerss; 09.16.2012 at 10:09 PM.