RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > HPI Savage

Old
  (#31)
2FastSS4U
RCM Brushless Savage

10.26.2007, 06:56 PM

Thanks for the advice. This balancer is really weird, it doesn't have the normal inputs from the charger like normal balancers, it only shows an input for the balancing tap itself. I guess I just buy two of these hook 1 up to each pack and then charge through the battery wires. I seem to be getting more and more intimidated to charge these packs each day :( . I'm starting to think that the easiest way to charge these packs it to use the (2)LBA10 balancers, and get the balancing adapters and go straight off the diagram in the manual from the 1210i charger, even though it will be more costly it's probably my safest bet for a good and safe charge. Darn, though I was gonna get away with saving a few bucks with the blinky.

The wisest mind has something yet to learn. (George Santayana)

Old
  (#32)
Serum
RC-Monster Admin

10.27.2007, 05:23 PM

that truck looks awfully familiar for some stupid reason..

Old
  (#33)
2FastSS4U
RCM Brushless Savage

10.27.2007, 07:05 PM

lol it should, you guys did a wonderful job on it, I'm very very happy with it Serum.

Old
  (#34)
MTBikerTim
Yip Yip Yip...

10.28.2007, 07:16 AM

For the different batteries refer to manufacturers instructions on when to charge the batteries. The batteries I use at the moment say to not charge until a few hours before use. My Lipo's can puff if stored fully charged. My lipo charger has a storage profile for lipos. I have never used it and don't know how it works but it's there. My batteries also say that it is better to charge the batteries after a little bit of use then to discharge them fully (basically there is no need to discharge them at all other then in the car). I am fairly sure this applies to most lipos.

Last edited by MTBikerTim; 10.29.2007 at 05:54 AM.
  Send a message via MSN to MTBikerTim  
Old
  (#35)
t-maxxracer32
RC-Monster Brushless

10.29.2007, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafni View Post
Torsen diffs are not strong enough for BL power, nor are Kyoshos LSDs. They are good for as long as they last, but they won't last long.

That Savage has a Hotbodies Diff.

BTW, racing is just as tough on the trucks as is bashing, IMO. Because you push the trucks real hard, non-stop. All you need is a good track, a real track
I started as a basher too. But since I have been to a couple of races I don't care about bashing anymore... bashing is fun on big BMX tracks and stuff, or trying to hit rails and boxes skate-style, but once you have done every flip or trick you can imagine, it just gets boring. Racing is pure adrenaline, and a lot of fun for me.

To each his own, cheers.

Daf

bashing to me is going out to random spots and hitting jumps hard!! finding new places to jump! hill climbing, rock crawling, racing around the are with your freinds. its all apart of bashing.

and yes bashing CAN be the same as racing just depends on the drive and the track. if you know how to land every jump smoothly and dont case anything you arent bashing imo... yes you are running the electrics hard but your not testings the trucks durability.

A sudden change in priority
Old
  (#36)
2FastSS4U
RCM Brushless Savage

A sudden change in priority - 10.29.2007, 05:41 PM

Wow, this is really embarassing and hard for me to say but the Savage is now for sale. Reason being is I just received a HUGE bill in the mail from the hospital from earlier this year when I had a heart attack followed by heart surgery, you can imagine how much it is. I just can't believe my luck, waiting for half a year for this to be done and the week after it arrives I get the shaft from my insurance/hospital. As of right now my priorities have changed drastically as I'm in debt up to my eyeballs, the savage must go. If anyone is interested or knows someone who is interested please PM me or e-mail me at godofwar@gvec.net . The savage is still brand new, I didn't even get to drive it. As of today my I'm forced to leave the hobby for as long as it takes.

Last edited by 2FastSS4U; 10.29.2007 at 05:43 PM.

Old
  (#37)
MTBikerTim
Yip Yip Yip...

10.29.2007, 06:49 PM

I sent you a PM. Sorry to hear you have to sell it, that's really bad luck.
  Send a message via MSN to MTBikerTim  
Old
  (#38)
2FastSS4U
RCM Brushless Savage

10.29.2007, 07:05 PM

PM replied. Sorry if I'm a little vague on the replies its very disheartening for me to have to sell her. It includes everything in/on the truck including the radio & charger, batteries, servo, motor, esc, BEC, etc... and savage x ss parts that were left over in the buildup of this truck, the savage x ss was built from the kit and directly shipped to mike, it never even touched the floor so all parts are new and unused, it has a few nicknacks on it also like the LED battery level indicator and Orion 1600mAh hump pack. It's basically 70% of the kit left. Thanks for all of your kind words.

Old
  (#39)
Dafni
RC-Monster Mod

10.30.2007, 06:19 AM

Oh man, so sorry to hear that. I hope you and your heart are well now.

RC/DC - Brushless Conversions since 2000 !
>>>>>>>>> www.rc-dc.ch <<<<<<<<<<

Old
  (#40)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

10.30.2007, 07:19 PM

Man, that is terrible news. Interesting timing though what with michael moore releasing that new film/documentory 'sicko'. If only you lived in the UK it wouldnt have cost you very much at all for the surgery, though you may have contracted CDIF or MRSA and had to have you legs amputated....
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#41)
lutach
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

10.30.2007, 07:21 PM

I heard that in Canada you pay nothing or almost nothing.
  Send a message via MSN to lutach  
Old
  (#42)
squeeforever
RC-Monster Mod

10.30.2007, 07:48 PM

Yea, Canada's medical system is free. But from what I hear, they pay taxes through the nose...
  Send a message via AIM to squeeforever  
Old
  (#43)
t-maxxracer32
RC-Monster Brushless

10.31.2007, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeeforever View Post
Yea, Canada's medical system is free. But from what I hear, they pay taxes through the nose...
they pay taxes through every part of their body!

my dad has a freind that lives down their and ya taxes are very high.

o and btw

pmed you 2fast.

Last edited by t-maxxracer32; 10.31.2007 at 01:19 PM.

What a rollercoaster
Old
  (#44)
2FastSS4U
RCM Brushless Savage

What a rollercoaster - 11.05.2007, 07:15 AM

Well I'm happy to inform all of you that I ended up getting to keep the savage. Basically my dad had a few words with my insurance company and he leveled my bills. I'm very thankful that he did this and I cannot express my appreciation enough for all of his help and support(now i'll have money to get him something good for christmas; he deserves it). So yeah, I finally got to drive it yesterday and it was amazing, simply awesome. It's the most fun I've ever had with an R/C car and I've had quite a few. This thing has so much power and handles like a dream, the suspension may be a little too plush but it makes for a good setup for just puttin' around. Besides for my pinion gear falling off within the first 10 minutes(due to no notch on the shaft) I had a blast, it wheelie's on demand and I actually ripped the front two tires off of the rim. I'm thinking that it needs thicker diff oil in the front diff to keep them from ballooning so much, any recomendatios? Sorry for the scare guys but it looks like I'm here to stay and I can continue my hobby for quite a while and also thanks for all of the kind words, you guys are awesome.

Old
  (#45)
Dafni
RC-Monster Mod

11.05.2007, 08:04 AM

Cool, glad to hear that.

Sounds like your dad is a cool guy!

Have fun
Daf

RC/DC - Brushless Conversions since 2000 !
>>>>>>>>> www.rc-dc.ch <<<<<<<<<<