RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Mini truggy

Looking for help with CRT.5
Old
  (#1)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Looking for help with CRT.5 - 03.12.2011, 06:20 PM

I just recently got my CRT.5 running again after doing a bunch of small things to it.

It's running a Traxxas VXL motor and ESC out of a Bandit. The battery is a 2s 5000mah Reedy hard case. It has the stock spur gear and a 12t pinion gear.

The truck feels real fast, but doing wheelies and front/ back flips isn't really what I'm looking for. What is the easiest way for me to make this truck a little more tame?

Thanks for the help,
Nick

Old
  (#2)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

03.12.2011, 06:45 PM

I would buy a castle creations esc, either a mmpro or a new sidewinder. That way you can dial out some of the power with the large amount of adjustability that the castle link offers. Most likely going to 50% or more punch control and possibly altering the throttle curve.

I would sell the entire vxl system and get the new sidewinder sc system with the 1410 motor. They can be had new for less than 100 bucks, and you should be able to get around that for the vxl setup. Then you will need the castle link which is about 20 bucks. Better esc, and a much better motor. Smoking deal, the best to be had in brushless.

Old
  (#3)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.12.2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincpimp View Post
I would buy a castle creations esc, either a mmpro or a new sidewinder. That way you can dial out some of the power with the large amount of adjustability that the castle link offers. Most likely going to 50% or more punch control and possibly altering the throttle curve.

I would sell the entire vxl system and get the new sidewinder sc system with the 1410 motor. They can be had new for less than 100 bucks, and you should be able to get around that for the vxl setup. Then you will need the castle link which is about 20 bucks. Better esc, and a much better motor. Smoking deal, the best to be had in brushless.
Thanks for the help. I actually picked up another MM Pro today and I have a few motor that I could put in the CRT.

I have a Figeao L series motor, 1512 CC 1800 motor and a 13.5T Tekin Redlne motor.

I was thinking of going with the 1512 on 4s but thought it might be a little over the top.

The VXL was just something that I took out of my old Bandit and wanted to try, it seems plenty fast but I'm sure it's just a matter of time before something else on it breaks.

Thanks again,
Nick

Old
  (#4)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

03.12.2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastety92 View Post
Thanks for the help. I actually picked up another MM Pro today and I have a few motor that I could put in the CRT.

I have a Figeao L series motor, 1512 CC 1800 motor and a 13.5T Tekin Redlne motor.

I was thinking of going with the 1512 on 4s but thought it might be a little over the top.

The VXL was just something that I took out of my old Bandit and wanted to try, it seems plenty fast but I'm sure it's just a matter of time before something else on it breaks.

Thanks again,
Nick
My best suggestion would be to go with a motor with a 5mm shaft. I have snapped my fair share of 1/8" motor shafts, but only on center diff stuff like buggies. No slipper equals alot of load on the pinion.

The 1512 would be a bit much, but you can dial back the power via the esc programming.

Old
  (#5)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.24.2011, 05:23 PM

I ended up reprogramming the ESC and playing with some of the transmitter setting to where the truck is a little more driveable.

I was out the other day bashing it in and around a local park/baseball/soccer field. The truck is a ton of fun and seems really durable. The only thing that broke was the body mount front slidding it on it's roof a few to many times. The whole top ripped off the body mount.

Anyway, I still plan on putting the MMPro or MM in it sometime soon but for now it's a lot of fun.

Nick