RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > Product Reviews

FLM Hybrids and Flex Tek arms
Old
  (#1)
ssspconcepts
RC-Monster Aluminum

FLM Hybrids and Flex Tek arms - 04.12.2007, 06:48 PM

Calling all owners of FLM Hybrids and Flex Tek arms....

Please post your pics and lessons learned.

Old
  (#2)
squeeforever
RC-Monster Mod

04.12.2007, 07:24 PM

JohnnyMaxxima has the Flextek arms and Combos, Serum has the Flextek arms and Hybrids (95% sure), and Gorillamaxx360 has the Hybrids and Flexteks. You might wanna PM them.
  Send a message via AIM to squeeforever  
Old
  (#3)
chopndroptx

04.12.2007, 08:25 PM

I have Flextek arms on my E-Maxx, but with Integy SHD bulks.

The Flextek arms are great, I didnt think they where when I first got them, due to the bushings being a little loose on the pins.:031: But it doesnt hurt anything. Then I started bending front lower pins on almost every run.:035: So I came up with a solution, and bought a pin brace and modified it to fit with the arms and avoiding the steering arms. Havent bent a pin since, just lost a e-clip or 2.:027:

All in all they are great arms once you get the bugs worked out. And FYI you can get them for $220 at rcplanet.com, but Im sure Mike might work with you on the price!

Here are some pics of the brace:

Old
  (#4)
ssspconcepts
RC-Monster Aluminum

04.12.2007, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopndroptx
I have Flextek arms on my E-Maxx, but with Integy SHD bulks.

The Flextek arms are great, I didnt think they where when I first got them, due to the bushings being a little loose on the pins.:031: But it doesnt hurt anything. Then I started bending front lower pins on almost every run.:035: So I came up with a solution, and bought a pin brace and modified it to fit with the arms and avoiding the steering arms. Havent bent a pin since, just lost a e-clip or 2.:027:

All in all they are great arms once you get the bugs worked out. And FYI you can get them for $220 at rcplanet.com, but Im sure Mike might work with you on the price!

Here are some pics of the brace:

Thanks, I definitely appreciate the info...

I wonder if others had the same problem (bending pins) as you? Or if it is because of the Integy bulks?

Old
  (#5)
ssspconcepts
RC-Monster Aluminum

04.12.2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeeforever
JohnnyMaxxima has the Flextek arms and Combos, Serum has the Flextek arms and Hybrids (95% sure), and Gorillamaxx360 has the Hybrids and Flexteks. You might wanna PM them.
Thanks for the info.

Old
  (#6)
squeeforever
RC-Monster Mod

04.12.2007, 10:04 PM

No problem.
  Send a message via AIM to squeeforever  
Old
  (#7)
chopndroptx

04.12.2007, 10:12 PM

I think between the bulks and the arms, the pin is now the weakest link so it bends easily. I even had to order a bunch of front lower pins from Lunsford just to keep up, but now since I put the brace on I havent even used 1 of the pins.
And just so you know I bash my truck hard, like jumping 1/4 pipes getting air about 7-8 feet high ect....

Old
  (#8)
GorillaMaxx360
Always Willing to Obtain More Knowledge

04.12.2007, 10:17 PM

Here are my pics with the right shimming the arms work great. i will have more updated pics this weekend. but one thing is for sure you will have some shock issues with those shock towers because that is what i have and for the shocks to work good no binding you need longer screws for the shock stand offs and you need to put some shims between the tower and the standoffs becuase the arms are sligtly wider and the shock postions can be bent so aslong as you shim the towers and standoffs, arms them selfs and make that brace that chopndroptx, showed you should be fine.

BTW may i ask why you want to replace those lovely arms you have right now with the Ti ones.

Old
  (#9)
GorillaMaxx360

04.12.2007, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopndroptx
I think between the bulks and the arms, the pin is now the weakest link so it bends easily. I even had to order a bunch of front lower pins from Lunsford just to keep up, but now since I put the brace on I havent even used 1 of the pins.
And just so you know I bash my truck hard, like jumping 1/4 pipes getting air about 7-8 feet high ect....
what brace are you using and exactly what mods did you have to do. Also are the braces used for the back only. Part numbers or links would be good on the brace. thanks

Old
  (#10)
ssspconcepts
RC-Monster Aluminum

04.12.2007, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaMaxx360
what brace are you using and exactly what mods did you have to do. Also are the braces used for the back only. Part numbers or links would be good on the brace. thanks
My FLM pkg came with two of those suspension braces....hmmm.

Old
  (#11)
ssspconcepts
RC-Monster Aluminum

04.12.2007, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Here are my pics with the right shimming the arms work great. i will have more updated pics this weekend. but one thing is for sure you will have some shock issues with those shock towers because that is what i have and for the shocks to work good no binding you need longer screws for the shock stand offs and you need to put some shims between the tower and the standoffs becuase the arms are sligtly wider and the shock postions can be bent so aslong as you shim the towers and standoffs, arms them selfs and make that brace that chopndroptx, showed you should be fine.

BTW may i ask why you want to replace those lovely arms you have right now with the Ti ones.
I am building another truck....I guess this may be a dumb question...I can't tell by looking at the photo...

Is it possible to mount the lower shock brackets on the inside of the arm? Would that mitigate the need to shim the upper standoffs? My guess is that you tried that and the binding was worse...

Old
  (#12)
GorillaMaxx360

04.13.2007, 08:43 AM

no it is not i have tried and then it makes the gap to small and the shocks would be bending outward. it would also interfear with any cvds or sliders.

Old
  (#13)
GorillaMaxx360

04.13.2007, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssspconcepts
My FLM pkg came with two of those suspension braces....hmmm.
i know some came with your bulks but since mine did not come with any do you or chopndroptx know what braces i can use for the arms that will fit that i can buy singly and do you have parts numbers, parts names, and or links

Old
  (#14)
ssspconcepts
RC-Monster Aluminum

04.13.2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
i know some came with your bulks but since mine did not come with any do you or chopndroptx know what braces i can use for the arms that will fit that i can buy singly and do you have parts numbers, parts names, and or links

Try calling or emailing Gina from FastLane Machine. Tell her you want to purchase the suspension arm braces that come with their A-arm kits. Here is her contact info: 636-742-2774 or info@fastlanemachine.com

It usually takes a few days for her to get back to you...but she will call or e-mail back.

Old
  (#15)
ssspconcepts
RC-Monster Aluminum

04.13.2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
no it is not i have tried and then it makes the gap to small and the shocks would be bending outward. it would also interfear with any cvds or sliders.
Well...thanks for the info. I really like the way they look and they are the strongest on the market. I will have to do some soul searching to see if I want to spend $220-290 on a set of A-arms that will require "special attention" right out of the box.

How about anyone else? Any comments?