RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Novak 1/8-scale new ESC ?
Old
  (#1)
Popoxx
Sapere aude

Novak 1/8-scale new ESC ? - 12.20.2009, 07:35 AM

On the Novak website the price of their bigger BL setup (HV Pro) decreased a lot (from $270 to $170), idem on Tower. And only one of the Novak conversion kits (which include a HV Pro setup) isn't discontinued on Tower.

Do you think Novak is going to release a new BL setup ?
I'm sure Novak is able to make a great powerful ESC to compete with CC and Tekin !
Novak didn't jump on the bandwagon in time concerning 1/8-scale ESCs but they have the skills to make something good !

What do you think ? Are you as confident as me ?

Old
  (#2)
suicideneil
Old Skool

12.20.2009, 08:58 AM

Well, a few guys have noted that the price of the Hvmaxx system has dropped recently- much more realistic pricing in the face of the opposition ( castle and tekin, and hobbywing too ). Given that Novaktwo said novak were working on a 1/8 system a couple years back, it would be nice to think there will be something new released in the newyear perhaps?
Never had an issue with the quality of my old Hvmaxx, just the power/ strength of the system really- a true 540/550 sized rotor + sensored & priced somewhere around the $300 region would be rather nice as a tekin alternative..

Old
  (#3)
asheck

12.20.2009, 11:22 AM

I've noticed in their remanufactered section the motors are 75, and the esc 70. I don't know though, in the rescent thread on the 550 Ballistic, I didn't catch the vibe that they had anything else groundbreaking in the works, like a 570 ballistic. Which is really to bad.

So I'm thinking a Kinetic ESC , with the computer interface, marginally better then the current HV, with a Ballistic motor. Would be great for buggy's or the new Slash 4x4 .

Old
  (#4)
JThiessen
RC-Monster Brushless

12.20.2009, 02:11 PM

I'd bet that their sales plummeted after the ERBL and the Flux came out. Mainstream folks didn't know much about Castle and Neu before these, and now that they do, they bypass the Novaks in favor of what their friend has in his Revo or Savage....

Losi 8T 1.0, Savage Flux - XL style, LST XXL, Muggy, 3.3 E-Revo Conversion and sitting outside 425hp, 831 Tq Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel. It SMOKES

Old
  (#5)
suicideneil
Old Skool

12.20.2009, 09:06 PM

That sounds highly probable- shame traxxas and novak went their seperate ways years back, otherwise it might be the hvmaxx you see coming stock in BL revos & maxxes.

As for the ballistic thing, might be a smoke screen to hide the release of something bigger- seems to be the common practice these days with many retailers...