RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > GorillaMaxx

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#481)
ZippyBasher
8th scale Stunt-Driver/Mechanic

10.28.2010, 03:52 PM

Where did you find the 27t gear? I got the 1520 on 6s and geared 22/62 with lst2 diffs. It needs more speed. I could only find up to 26t here @ RCM, Thank You

Maxx - FLM, MMM, CD Med.36x706s
Raja - FLM Ext. MM, 1512, 4s
SC8ight - MMM, 1520, 6s
D8T - MMM 1717 6s

My OVERPOWERED Rides "CLICK"

Like Playing Cards? Cut-Throat Rummy "CLICK"

Old
  (#482)
drw
RC-Monster Stock

10.28.2010, 03:58 PM

hobbyetc.com

Old
  (#483)
drw
RC-Monster Stock

10.28.2010, 04:01 PM

i should have added that i'am getting my 1520 tommorrow,curious how its going to run.by the way that pinion cost $12.88.where are you in so cal.i live in Clarmont,ca.

Old
  (#484)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

10.31.2010, 04:34 PM

Neil would Gmaxx upper arms work with normal lower arms and regular suspension?

Old
  (#485)
suicideneil
Old Skool

10.31.2010, 05:41 PM

Should do, they are the same length so far as I know, but the newer G3.3 version are swept back slightly to extend the wheel base 1/4"- may result in some slightly odd caster angles if used if normal lower arms that arent swept back also..

Old
  (#486)
The Dude
No Way....

10.31.2010, 05:44 PM

a really nice build !!!

Old
  (#487)
overtki11
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

12.08.2010, 11:29 AM

hey there Neil! good to see you're still running your RCs!

Old
  (#488)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

12.08.2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideneil View Post
Should do, they are the same length so far as I know, but the newer G3.3 version are swept back slightly to extend the wheel base 1/4"- may result in some slightly odd caster angles if used if normal lower arms that arent swept back also..
Have you ever noticed the caster angles of truggies? Or supermaxx trucks? I'm hoping to get that. Not that I already don't have it. FLM's arms have it. They have an additional pivot ball screw hole in the end of the upper arm that is farther back. The arms are heavy though and kind of big. I would like it to look as much like a truggy as possible. I think the Gmaxx arms might give that.

They had some for sale on there secret replacement page. I think it was secret anyhow. lol but like 2 weeks ago the domain rights expired. I was looking at it one day... then the next it was gone. I was like sad day.

Thanks neil,
Zack

Old
  (#489)
suicideneil
Old Skool

01.24.2011, 10:41 PM

Im sure FLM sell a-arms with 2 sets of holes in the ends to allow for an extended wheelbase, might be worth looking into..

Anyways, managed to sell the last shell I painted as I was never happy with the way it looked or the quality of the paint job; I really suck at painting lexan shells

Found a nice old T-maxx 2.5 shell & went back to basics with it:

Minimalism at it's best...

Happy with that, just hoping for some nicer weather now- it's turned cold & frosty again, or it just rains heavily instead- not much fun

Old
  (#490)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

01.25.2011, 12:04 AM

FLM makes those arms not for extending the wheelbase but for getting more caster. Their lower arms don't have that second hole. I run those arms you are talking about.

I'm fairly certain GMaxx does it for the same reason. I think I've seen pictures of your truck with the arms leading instead of trailing. I meant to ask you about that. Anyway nevermind. Perhaps they are to extend the wheelbase. But without the lower arm trailing. I'm pretty sure its just for caster and not wheelbase.

And I should say the body looks good on the truck!

-Zack

Last edited by Kcaz25; 01.25.2011 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Forgot to comment on the body.

Old
  (#491)
JoFreak
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

01.25.2011, 10:41 AM

Looks good, but did it come pre cut?
All those unnecessary holes in it...
Good to see though that your g-maxx is still arround.
I get the feeling there aren't many left of it's kind...

Definately need to get some things for mine this year.
Hopefully Mike has the time to get some parts done

Old
  (#492)
suicideneil
Old Skool

01.25.2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcaz25 View Post
FLM makes those arms not for extending the wheelbase but for getting more caster. Their lower arms don't have that second hole. I run those arms you are talking about.

I'm fairly certain GMaxx does it for the same reason. I think I've seen pictures of your truck with the arms leading instead of trailing. I meant to ask you about that. Anyway nevermind. Perhaps they are to extend the wheelbase. But without the lower arm trailing. I'm pretty sure its just for caster and not wheelbase.

And I should say the body looks good on the truck!

-Zack
I have front arms leading, rear arms trailing, for maximum wheelbase possible. Just looked at the FLM a-arms and you're right, only the top arm has two holes to adjust caster; looking at my Gmaxx a-arms, the bottom and top arm are both swept forward/back by the same amount, so cant adjust caster in the same way it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFreak
Looks good, but did it come pre cut?
All those unnecessary holes in it...
Good to see though that your g-maxx is still arround.
I get the feeling there aren't many left of it's kind...

Definitely need to get some things for mine this year.
Hopefully Mike has the time to get some parts done
Yeah, it came pre-cut with all the extra holes for the engine & fuel tank lid etc, but it doesnt bother me too much- I can reach through the fuel tank lid hole and turn the esc on & off without removing the shell

I do hope Mike considers selling an RC-M emaxx and erevo chassis, there are so few aftermarket options that they would be definite top-sellers..

Last edited by suicideneil; 01.25.2011 at 01:29 PM.

Old
  (#493)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

01.25.2011, 01:52 PM

Ahh I see. Great! I've always liked your new tires btw. I know they aren't that new. The sidewalls look like they would stand up really well, thats what I like and they look beastly while doing it.

Old
  (#494)
JoFreak
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

01.25.2011, 03:21 PM

I'm not at all shure maxx and revo chassis would be a good idea. At least not from Mike's point of view.
Yes, I would love to see them, but would I get one? Or even both? Since that would mean building one or even two additional complete trucks, probably not.
There is a reason why gorillamaxx went down as well. Demand isn't that high any more, most RTR chassis are OK, so why pay lot's of $ for a suposedly better one?
And how many people scream that they want a chassis and how many of them really buy one when time comes is a whole other story, too.

Could you do me a favour? Could you measure how wide those tires are?

Old
  (#495)
suicideneil
Old Skool

01.25.2011, 05:42 PM

http://www.axialracing.com/details.php?Id=3368&type=1

Width = 89mm
Height = 144mm

They fit any standard 40 series rim.

You are right about supply vs demand, and it would only be viable if enough people really were willing to pay a fair price for a good quality chassis. That said, the major issue so far as Mike is concerned will be time required to design the chassis in a CAD program- once it's designed & confirmed to fit without any issues, he only needs to make as many chassis as are ordered, perhaps carrying a little extra stock initially and then seeing how it goes. No need to make dozens of chassis which might not sell.

Given that people are willing to pay ~$300 for the awful looking & poor quality Kershaw Erevo and emaxx chassis, Im sure Mike could compete by selling a much better quality chassis for $200-250. If it was based on a dominatormaxx kinda design but used the tranny instead of a centerdiff ( or had options for either ), the emaxx chassis would be a hit for sure.
Erevo chassis just needs to be an alloy version of the plastic chassis essentially, but with battery trays instead of battery compartments- brace it properly & use thicker aluminium to prevent it bending, and it would make a great racing & high speed chassis..