RC-Monster Forums  
Lhs
Old
  (#1)
jayjay283
RC-Monster Titanium
 
jayjay283's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 1,777
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Illinois
Lhs - 08.26.2012, 06:13 AM

So I popped in the LHS to grab some spray for a VW bug lid for the muggy (post pics when done if its not a total fubar) and some CA glue for the phaltlines the maxx keeps blowing off on 5s ...anyway so I go in and look around and theres a
"service station" in there to repair rc cars and the sign says $30 an hour plus parts, there was about 15 trucks on the needs to be fixed shelf. EVERY single one of them was a nitro....
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#2)
magman
RC-Monster Dual Brushless
 
magman's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 4,236
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cape Cod, Mass.
08.26.2012, 09:12 AM

Funny you should mention this...at my LHS, one of the part time guys does repairs and there were a crap load of trucks behind the counter 2 weeks ago when I was there, all waiting for some attention. ALL were nitro as well....do we have a theme here....


1. MBX-6 T8 1900KV, RX8 ON 4S
2. MBX-5T 1520, MMM ON 5S
3. MBX-5 ONROAD CONVERSION 1515, MMM ON 5S
4. MRX-3 ON ROAD CONVERSION 1512, MMM ON 6S
5. TEN T 2650 T8, MMP ON 3S
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering
 
Bondonutz's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 3,634
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hot as Hell West Central Coast Florida
08.26.2012, 12:46 PM

The theme;

Noobs + Nitro = $$ for the LHS


I offer the same service through the LHS I work for, 85% of the jobs are Nitro tuneing/trouble shooting. The other 15% is conversions and generally happier customers.


I retired from RC, now life is all about guns and long range shooting.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
magman
RC-Monster Dual Brushless
 
magman's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 4,236
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cape Cod, Mass.
08.26.2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondonutz View Post
The theme;

Noobs + Nitro = $$ for the LHS


I offer the same service through the LHS I work for, 85% of the jobs are Nitro tuneing/trouble shooting. The other 15% is conversions and generally happier customers.
That is so true


1. MBX-6 T8 1900KV, RX8 ON 4S
2. MBX-5T 1520, MMM ON 5S
3. MBX-5 ONROAD CONVERSION 1515, MMM ON 5S
4. MRX-3 ON ROAD CONVERSION 1512, MMM ON 6S
5. TEN T 2650 T8, MMP ON 3S
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!
 
lincpimp's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 11,934
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Slidell, LA
08.27.2012, 01:14 AM

Back when we had a lhs my buddy was the manager. I used to hang out there after work and tinker with stuff. After most of the regulars realized I could tune a nitro I had plenty of them bringing their trucks in. I would teach them the basics. I bet I sold dozens of vehicles for the owners that way. Once the guys could tune a nitro they would always buy at least one more.

I also helped out in the service dept, the store charged 20 per hr plus parts, and my buddy got half of that. He hooked me up with stuff at cost since I would do most of the work. I changed alot of jato rear bulkheads, and alot of maxx bulks and arms too.

I got to play with almost everything on the market while tuning. It was alot of fun, especially since the rc owners always payed for fuel.

I fixed and converted a few electrics, but the main sellers were xl5 pedes and rustys, and those hardly ever break. Changed alot of diffs in rc18t/mts, we sold castle there and those little 8000kv mamba systems were very popular.

Good times, wish I was back there....
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
zeropointbug
Z-Pinch racer
 
zeropointbug's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 3,141
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SK, Canada
08.27.2012, 09:12 AM

Well same thing at the track, everyone says electric has so many problems, YET every race day at least one nitro guy has problems. Can't keep engine running, servo sticking, engines blowing up, bla bla, lol.


“The modern astrophysical concept that ascribes the sun’s energy to thermonuclear reactions deep in the solar interior is contradicted by nearly every observable aspect of the sun.” —Ralph E. Juergens
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
jayjay283
RC-Monster Titanium
 
jayjay283's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 1,777
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Illinois
09.09.2012, 03:32 AM

pics of the Muggy VW Buggy lol, needs some stickers




   
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump



RC Monster




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com