RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Revo

Old
  (#61)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

07.12.2008, 11:17 AM

I would be inclined to say that V-twin setup is undergeared, hence the hot motors. The fact the escs get hot too just makes me think they arent as great as traxxas makes out- borrowed their spec system from novak...
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#62)
Topspeedtimmy
trick mad power (tmp)

07.15.2008, 08:26 PM

Gearing up to 19/62 helped quite a bit. Today I ran for 30 minutes with it being 95f outside.
Motor 1: 190
Motor 2: 180
ESC 1: 160
ESC 2(BEC circuit): 175

The two runs added together I get about 45 minutes runtime with the FP 4270 3s.
I'll consider those acceptable temps especially with how hot it was. Will be getting a back-ordered E-revo chassis in the mail tomorrow and installing it. Should help tone down the wheelies a little.

Taking more clips to put together a better video. It will most likely have the 9xl 3.3 Revo if that is running before filiming is complete. Gonna put some good editing into it, and most likely stick the curved ramp in the middle of a field for some jumps.

Also: With dual V, I opted to stiffen the springs to Silver in rear, Tan in front. Have the P1 rockers still on for the 2.5 Revo. Works really well except it tends to be a little bouncy, I'm planning to upgrade to 45 wt. shock oil to help keep it planted; I'm hoping this will allow me to get some air time in and still be able to absorb the landings.

Some stills from the footage I took for the run:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	5016   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 5.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	5017   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	5018  

Name:	Picture 4.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	5019  

The timmy - Revo 3.3 MM 9XL 4s , Rustler MM 4600 3s
The ferty - Dual velineon Revo 3s, Rustler velineon 3s

Old
  (#63)
Topspeedtimmy
trick mad power (tmp)

07.21.2008, 07:57 PM

I just got a brand new Mamba Max ESC from Castle to replace the broken one. On the return slip it said the cause of failure was a bad battery connection because the "deans was held on with tape". I will say that it was definitely not held on with tape, but I did use duct tape instead of heat shrink for insulating the wire. I can't imagine how a bad battery connection could've caused to to stop working completely , or why would they would trash it just because the deans wasn't held on very good. My soldering skills are much better now, so this one should work good.

Then I popped the CMS-4600 48mm 7.8oz motor in the revo and let 'er rip. First I was using Response tires but I was afraid of destroying them, so I bolted on some Talonz. They were ballooning like crazy and it was pulling out of control wheelies even on the 3.3 chassis, and it could pull 40mph easy with the 12/54 gearing. After 6-8 minutes of face-melting power, I checked the temps and the motor was 205˚F and the ESC was 210˚F. The motor can evaporated a drop of water I put on it, but still not as hot as my Traxxas Blast boat with a stinger after 15 minutes of driving.

I pulled out the over-revved 68k rpm motor and popped in the 28k rpm 14oz 9XL with obviously a higher 17/38 gearing. The performance was completely what I've been expecting for these 6 months that I haven't driven the Revo. It had plenty of bottom end torque (almost close to dual velineon) and the top speed was as fast as any monster truck should go. After 10 minutes, the ESC was 160˚ and the motor 165˚.

Last edited by Topspeedtimmy; 07.22.2008 at 04:32 PM.

Old
  (#64)
Topspeedtimmy
trick mad power (tmp)

07.24.2008, 12:24 AM

The E-Revo chassis is installed and I still have the E-maxx motor plate on the tranny so the motors are mounted pretty far forward. I tried to counteract that a little by sliding the batteries all the way back in the boxes, still a little front heavy, but turns great. Wheelies are definitely less abundant with the low CG batteries and extra wheelbase. It just spins the tires on the street. Looks awkward with the old 2.5 body on there
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Picture 3.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	5089   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 5.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	5090   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 10.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	5091  

Name:	Picture 7.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	5092  

Old
  (#65)
bigboi146
Multi Tasking

07.24.2008, 12:18 PM

I sent you a PM... Did you get it?

Old
  (#66)
Topspeedtimmy
trick mad power (tmp)

08.22.2008, 06:02 PM

Update: The revos were cool while they lasted. Got them to the track and that was kinda fun. But now that school has started there won't be much time for those. Plus the Bandit that we tried to sell got lost and the mail 6 weeks ago won't be coming back (next time you see a USPS mail truck get a baseball bat and start beating out the windows). So that put a huge dent in RC budget which will have to be cut. Too much money. Not enough fun. I wasted too many hours reading posts from witless barely communicable individuals who don't even know their own address. I can imagine a thread right now, "How muney brushles motars do i put on my revo and wut flaver????" If you'll excuse me, I need start learning more about good grammar and other valuable knowledge rather than what I need to buy for my truck and what do I need to upgrade and what do I need to adjust. What an expensive distraction.

Last edited by Topspeedtimmy; 08.22.2008 at 06:13 PM.

Old
  (#67)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

08.22.2008, 08:13 PM

Cant you put a claim in for the lost items? I dont know how usps works, but even with uninsured items sent via royalmail you are entitled to a small amount of compo (takes 6 weeks or more, and means filling out forms etc).
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#68)
Topspeedtimmy
trick mad power (tmp)

08.23.2008, 12:50 PM

I tried everything possible. Called them, went to the main post office, gave them a description of the item, they called the all the other post offices, they said it would get shipped back if no one picked it up. It turned out that the shipping address that I got was not specific, but the least USPS could have done was ship it back, then I would have only lost paypal, ebay, and shipping fees and not the entire car with it.

Old
  (#69)
hailmick
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

08.23.2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspeedtimmy View Post
It turned out that the shipping address that I got was not specific, but the least USPS could have done was ship it back, then I would have only lost paypal, ebay, and shipping fees and not the entire car with it.
sounds like the buyers fault to me
but he payed with paypal so you loose anyway
did you send it with tracking