RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > CORR Trucks - Slash, SCRT10, etc.

Old
  (#16)
blt4speed

Thumbs up 04.17.2010, 12:32 AM

thanks everybody, lets keep the great info comin. i'm still waiting and selling some more of my 18t's and b4's and a xxx-t. however i did go buy some rear pre mounted bowties for my slash. I almost got the fronts too. But, it seemed stupid to have expensive front tires on a 2wd. Is this just me being over logical? should i get bowties up front for racing ? Is there a front tire out there like on my older 2wd's (grooved)? I want my cake, and i want to eat it too.

i'm buying a used vxl esc with 3300 kv. for a backup
I also got a lipo 7.4 5000mah by veneom (good ?).
And tamiya PS-55 spray can, to give body a flat or matte apearance.

Old
  (#17)
mrgrimm
RC-Monster Stock

05.13.2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucias View Post
Anyone been around the Kyosho Ultima? I have been hearing good things about it.. I am in the same boat.. I have the urge I want to buy something.. I have a brushless slash which I might just revamp some with the pro line suspension.. There is a local guy with a brushless blitz and dx3s for 350 that I had thought about buying.. So many choices..
The Ultima did very well in the short course comparison by RC car action (pretty sure that was the mag?) They stacked it up against the Blitz, Slash, SC10 and if I remember correctly the fastest lap times came from the Ultima. I would have to re-read the article to see how much any of the trucks were altered from stock.

Old
  (#18)
blt4speed

Talking 05.13.2010, 11:57 AM

yup the kyosho dominated the trucks in the "out of the box" issue. in part 2 they hopped them all up with available factory parts, and the same power systems, then sc10 dominated. However, this was not completely fair, since the sc10 had many upgraded parts. the kyosho was still new and not many available.

so, i am gonna race my slash, and pick up a roller sc10, just received my mmp (thanks mike). and due to get my tekin 17.5 today. practice tomorrow, qualify sat, heats sunday. Oregon RC nitro tour in Medford Oregon.

Old
  (#19)
Jahay
RC-Monster Titanium

06.24.2010, 07:10 AM

some great info... I dont have the cash to get the 4x4 and i am looking at a 2wd but was a little worried about it. The blitz i can pick up quite cheap and looks like people rate it highly.

Just 1 question...
How do these RWD version handle compared to the 4wd? Are they still controllable as 2wd without spinning out all the time?

THANKS

Old
  (#20)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering

06.24.2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahay View Post
some great info... I dont have the cash to get the 4x4 and i am looking at a 2wd but was a little worried about it. The blitz i can pick up quite cheap and looks like people rate it highly.

Just 1 question...
How do these RWD version handle compared to the 4wd? Are they still controllable as 2wd without spinning out all the time?

THANKS
ANY 2wd requires a much smoother throttle finger but the trucks can be set up to handle very well despite it. All 4wd's are much more forgiving and easier to drive.

I retired from RC, now life is all about guns and long range shooting.

Old
  (#21)
Jahay
RC-Monster Titanium

06.24.2010, 10:16 AM

Thank you for that... The SC Truck such as the blitz and slash are extremley appealing considering the beating they can take!

I think the blitz will be the one for me. I will run it mostly stock but as with my savage it will probably be hopped up in no time.

What sort of speeds can you expect to achieve on a 3s stock RWD blitz or slash? (am i right in sayng the blitz and slash use basically the same motor?

Old
  (#22)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering

06.24.2010, 12:41 PM

Befor we go any further what are your intentions with the Blitz, Race or Bash ?

Both come brushed and not real sure either of the brushed ESC's can do 3s ?

Old
  (#23)
Jahay
RC-Monster Titanium

06.24.2010, 12:44 PM

OH REALLY!!!! i didnt know that... thanks for making me aware of that!

Only Bash... High Jumps, and would like some speed as well.

Looks like a motor swap and stronger ESC would be needed! So i guess stock, they can handle 2s correct? Sounds like a 35-40mph top speed on 2s?

Old
  (#24)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering

06.24.2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
OH REALLY!!!! i didnt know that... thanks for making me aware of that!

Only Bash... High Jumps, and would like some speed as well.

Looks like a motor swap and stronger ESC would be needed! So i guess stock, they can handle 2s correct? Sounds like a 35-40mph top speed on 2s?
I think that speed is even pushing it on 2s, yeah you can gear up and do it but you'll have heat issues.

Just drop in a BL set up and you have all the power and speed you'll want and need.
Personally I think the Slash is the toughest of the bunch but the Blitz will handle better out of the box due to a lower COG and design.

Old
  (#25)
Jahay
RC-Monster Titanium

06.24.2010, 12:50 PM

i would usually drop in a Neu motor and prob use an MMM, but as i want to do this on the cheap and explore other brands, what would be a decent motor/esc setup which is good for 3s?

Old
  (#26)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering

06.24.2010, 01:09 PM

Mamba Max Pro and a TRX Velineon 3500kv BL motor would be a excellent choice.

Old
  (#27)
ausjethro

06.24.2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:

Just 1 question...

THANKS
When I got into short course trucks about 12 months ago the biggest difference I noticed was that being rear wheel 2WD you actually have to DRIVE them! They are completely different to my 4WD trucks and it took a bit of readjustment to get used to it.Having said that,it sharpens the concentration and I believe makes for a better driver all round.

Old
  (#28)
Jahay
RC-Monster Titanium

06.25.2010, 06:35 AM

Interesting... thanks for that ausjethro.
I am just a little let down by the supplied motor, but i guess it could work temporarily.

Old
  (#29)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering

06.25.2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Interesting... thanks for that ausjethro.
I am just a little let down by the supplied motor, but i guess it could work temporarily.
Go to the TRX website and maybe you can con yourself into a 4x4 Slash ?
It comes BL and w/2.4 radio and really isn't a much more than a 2wd Slash considering what your getting extra for the money ? Its a good dam deal.