RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > CORR Trucks - Slash, SCRT10, etc.

Old
  (#16)
rootar
RC-Monster Titanium

03.16.2010, 12:51 AM

how is that gonna work in the front? wont the knuckle just rotate aroudn the lower pillow do to not having an upper arm to keep it still, im sure the true trac setup will work in the rear but i dont see how in the front.

looks VERY interesting though i like where this is headed.

Old
  (#17)
asheck

03.16.2010, 12:56 AM

Edit : OK after rethinking about what you were saying, and looking, you might be right. I was thinking the steering links would help hold it on that axis, but I'm not sure if it will.
Initial thought is to double up the turnbuckles, and run 1 to each side of the shock tower. I'll play with it some more tomorrow, but please all ideas are welcome.

Last edited by asheck; 03.16.2010 at 01:12 AM.

Old
  (#18)
asheck

03.16.2010, 04:49 PM

Got to drive my ST Slash today. Drove like I wanted, a 4wd ST . Except for some minor shock tweaking I'm pretty happy. It was running around 50, and motor was 135 after hard grass running, and up and down the street WOT. It stays nice and flat in the corners, and only pulled a couple wheelies, which the bumper still kept under check. The tires worked good on all surfaces, but were never great. The Badlands hook better in the grass, but also have more tendancy to roll in the corners.
Seems like a nice in between vehicle, for when the E-revo is just to big. Like the front yard when there are kids around. I guess it will now become a permanent fixture in my stable.

Old
  (#19)
crazyjr
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

03.17.2010, 10:26 PM

I have been toying with that idea as well (the first one) I think savage parts might work better for the second project

Work because i gotta, play because i wanna

People here hate Nitro, I love it. I start it, run it about 50 ft from me and it dies, I go after it. Perfect exercise

Old
  (#20)
asheck

03.17.2010, 10:35 PM

Well the only reason I can think of not to do the ST, is if you race in a Corr class. Other then that I'm very happy with it.
Quote:
I think savage parts might work better for the second project
Well please post up in it's build thread. http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26223 I have a complete savage just collecting dust. I was actually thinking about cutting up it's aluminum shock towers for this project. I would love any input.

Old
  (#21)
phildogg
RC-Monster Aluminum

03.17.2010, 11:06 PM

slash st is looking good. I just ordered a rtr myself.
phil

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1g...MR6SqQkehkevwA
my youtube channel
  Send a message via Yahoo to phildogg Send a message via AIM to phildogg  
Old
  (#22)
adb140275

05.02.2010, 11:47 AM

320 series=2.8 inches? I need to figure out which tires i want to use for my ST conversion... Thanks for the inspiration. Jconcepts Losi LST truggy body.

Old
  (#23)
asheck

05.02.2010, 02:28 PM

That's gonna look sharp. That body fit's pretty good with the stock bumpers. Yes the 320's are the same size as 2.8, and will directly interchange with 30series tires. However they do use a different bead then the TRX 2.8 wheel. They can be mounted up to them, they are just different, so require more effort.

Old
  (#24)
adb140275

05.02.2010, 02:37 PM

Thanks, I'm surprised at how well the body fit with the bumpers. I wanted to keep them anyways because of how well they work.

Old
  (#25)
adb140275

07.01.2010, 05:44 PM

It looks mean with tires (not trying to jack your thread)

cant wait for paint

Old
  (#26)
scarletboa
RC-Monster Aluminum

07.01.2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adb140275 View Post
It looks mean with tires (not trying to jack your thread)

cant wait for paint

that motor won't even last 5 minutes in that truck. even the stock motor would have a hard time, even if it was geared really low.

They say a good mechanic only needs 2 tools - WD40 & Duct tape. If it moves, and its not supposed to, duct tape. If it doesn't move, and its supposed to, WD40.

Old
  (#27)
adb140275

07.01.2010, 11:56 PM

when the motor either catches fire or stops working, ill worry about it.