RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Revo

Anyone ran 6S in the New E Revo yet?
Old
  (#1)
sikeston34m
RC-Monster Brushless

Anyone ran 6S in the New E Revo yet? - 07.05.2008, 01:53 AM

Has anyone ran 6S in the New E Revo yet?

I'm wondering how everything is going to hold up, and also if there is any steel cvd's that will fit the center drives yet?

If you have ran 6S, please describe your setup. (Motor, Batts, ESC, additional mods, etc.)

Thanks

Old
  (#2)
marcus
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

07.05.2008, 02:23 AM

I'd be more interested to know how they got 6S pack/s onto the E-Revo without making it look like Frankensteins Monster as well. :-)

Old
  (#3)
Larrydino
RC-Monster Stock

07.05.2008, 08:14 AM

you can fit some 3s 5000's by maxamps

Old
  (#4)
gixxer
RC-Monster Titanium

07.05.2008, 10:41 AM

Not yet but hopefully in the next couple of days. I would of had it done already but the first set I ordered were to tight of a fit for me.

Kyosho SC, tekin rs, D3 17.5
Hyper 9e, mmp,tekin 1900kv
Associated sc10 4x4, novak 4.5

Old
  (#5)
azjc

07.05.2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrydino View Post
you can fit some 3s 5000's by maxamps
Flightpower 5000 3s also fit

Old
  (#6)
azjc

07.05.2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikeston34m View Post
Has anyone ran 6S in the New E Revo yet?

I'm wondering how everything is going to hold up, and also if there is any steel cvd's that will fit the center drives yet?

If you have ran 6S, please describe your setup. (Motor, Batts, ESC, additional mods, etc.)

Thanks
in my converted 3.3 Revo I am running a Neu 2.5d on 6s and I still have the stock tranny to diff lines and drivelines and everything is hoding up fine, if you stay away from the sudden WOT from a standstill you will be fine

Old
  (#7)
sjcrss
Hyper 7 Erevo Center Diff

07.05.2008, 11:02 AM

6s would be cool, heck, im still trying to figure out gearing......but i guess it's kinda hard to do..since i don't have it, but from the info i have gathered,...running the following
7xl
quark 125b
2s2p (4s) 8000 maxamps packs
badland tires
the gearing should be fine at 22/68
i checked this on brian's calc. as well....., but on another note...can't wait for results on the 6s

Bl E-REVO
Quark 125b
Castle Creations-Neu 2200kv motor
((2s2p)(4s)
7800mah 7.4v Lipo Pack
E-Revo 1/8 scale Hyper 7 CD
http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/show...1&goto=newpost
  Send a message via MSN to sjcrss Send a message via Skype™ to sjcrss 
Old
  (#8)
sikeston34m
RC-Monster Brushless

07.07.2008, 10:35 PM

Well I just ran my E Revo on 6S. Wow, what a different truck.

I've been used to running the E maxx. This is definately a horse of a different color.

I installed a Century 600 Outrunner that I custom wound to a 4 turn wye wind. This motor was originally 715kv, but now I can only guess what the kv is. It spins a 25 tooth Mod 1 pinion and meshes with a 38 tooth Nitro Revo spur that is a perfect mount to the slipper.

Firepower 6S 5000mah 20C is feeding the spark to a Quark Monster Pro 125 amp ESC. Mods include a HV Novak Cap along with a CC BEC.

The setup has loads of power. Alot of instant acceleration and tops out in the 45mph range. Wheelies at speed are pretty easy on a surface the Talons will grip. This Motor runs hotter than I prefer, so I might come up with another power plant or change the setup somehow.

The Talons by the way, turn into saucers on loose gravel, just by grabbing Throttle.

One of the Front Tires had a come apart. It appears the glue let go. Now I've got the stuffing hanging out one side. LOL

What a loose suspension! I can tell there's alot of tuning to be done. Getting stopped from 45mph is a wobbly back and forth challenge. The suspension is way too loose. Stiffer springs may fix most of this.

I think one of the single biggest improvements this setup will see, is the Monster Mamba. One should be coming my way soon.

Old
  (#9)
kevin23
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

07.08.2008, 08:21 AM

I have been running my e-revo for a couple weeks now,still brushed though,and it is great,I went up a step in spring rate front and rear,added the sway bars.Totally different truck,I ran in the truggy class this week and lapped everbody in the 10 min main.I can't wait for the brushless,I am waiting for the mmm like everyone else.
I will be running the axi outrunner you have in your emaxx,the 8 turn.I have the cc bec,the novak cap,and the fan.
I will run this setup on 2 2s 5000mah 20c packs,what kind of runtime would you expect from this setup racing on a track?Wondering if I need higher mah to run the longer mains?

Old
  (#10)
sikeston34m
RC-Monster Brushless

07.08.2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin23 View Post
I have been running my e-revo for a couple weeks now,still brushed though,and it is great,I went up a step in spring rate front and rear,added the sway bars.Totally different truck,I ran in the truggy class this week and lapped everbody in the 10 min main.I can't wait for the brushless,I am waiting for the mmm like everyone else.
I will be running the axi outrunner you have in your emaxx,the 8 turn.I have the cc bec,the novak cap,and the fan.
I will run this setup on 2 2s 5000mah 20c packs,what kind of runtime would you expect from this setup racing on a track?Wondering if I need higher mah to run the longer mains?
I run the same Packs and get 25 to 30 minutes of hard runtime.

You should be fine.

Old
  (#11)
Sammus
RC-Monster Titanium

07.08.2008, 11:20 AM

sik, not sure why you would be worried about the stock shafts, I've never seen a broken revo shaft, I think those plastic splined shafts are the best. I think that tiny bit of torsional flex also takes a lot of load of the diffs too, which can only be a good thing when its that pesky little 4 gear job :P

Old
  (#12)
gixxer
RC-Monster Titanium

07.08.2008, 11:48 AM

Just got in my batteries yesterday and ran 6s on a 1515 3d last night. :) Will play with the punch control and try running it again today.

Kyosho SC, tekin rs, D3 17.5
Hyper 9e, mmp,tekin 1900kv
Associated sc10 4x4, novak 4.5

Old
  (#13)
bruce750i
RC-Monster Aluminum

07.08.2008, 07:03 PM

Yep 2s3p FP3700's / MMM / Tekneu 2.5df 22/65 on badlands. I have my slipper on the loose side so i don't have much stress on the drive train. It's the same studly revo-spec drive train thats been in the revo3.3, 2.5 Snapped a front a-arm already tho. Went looking for rpm front arms and came home with the true-track rpm rear arms and another stock front arm(LHS didn't have both lefty and righty rpm front arms)

Old
  (#14)
sikeston34m
RC-Monster Brushless

07.08.2008, 10:45 PM

OK, I swapped the motor out for a Nemesis 14xl (1191kv). Installed some really tall gearing. All Mod 1, motor pinion is 24 tooth, spur is 38 tooth. I'm sure this is over geared but I thought what the heck.

I swapped the Talons out for some E maxx Tires/wheels and gave it a run on 4S. Power is decent.

I then gave it a run on 5S 5000mah 20C Lipos.

It's pretty dang fast on this setup. 4 Wheel burnouts, and saucers are easy. Rolling wheelies at speed. Has alot of power. I'm really impressed with it. But the motor was starting to heat up after about 10 minutes.

How hot do these motors normally run? What is the ideal gearing with this setup? The power level looks promising. I can only imagine this on 6S.

Old
  (#15)
OldSoldier
E-ReVVo/SoldierMaxx

07.09.2008, 12:29 AM

OK...I've been trying to come up with a good setup for my new E-Revo also. I'm currently using the following:

Quark 125, Medusa MR-036-060-1600V2-5 1600RPM/V, 15 tooth pinion, stock spur gear, I've tried 4s, 5s, and 6s. I'm still worried about heat, but performance is great at 5s and 6s. But I'm also having cogging issues that I'm having trouble fixing. Motor locks up some times while I'm coasting or braking. I'm still playing with speed controller settings to try to fix.