RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > Product Reviews

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
My Chargers Arrived today, My Chargers Arrived today. Pictures soon to follow :-)
Old
  (#16)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

My Chargers Arrived today, My Chargers Arrived today. Pictures soon to follow :-) - 07.15.2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic View Post
Where can you buy this charger?
I bought my PowerLab 8 Battery Workstation, Package #2(x2) from this link Bellow:

http://www.fmadirect.com/Products.htm?cat=89

PS. I just recieved both my PowerLab 8 1000watt 30amp 10 minute chargers. Oh These are super awesome. Time to sell all five of my TC-1030 outdated 10amp chargers. Anything that charges at less than 15 or 20amps is old technology, so it seems. I'm going to enjoy these ten minute or less fast charges. Super Sweet.

PS. please don't be offended by my excitement over a 30amp charger. I just didn't like waiting for all my 10amp chargers to charge my lipo's, I will not miss those days, they are over for ever. I'm going to sell my old Lipo chargers super cheap! In with the new, out with the old. This is the biggest baddest charger on this planet. and when something better comes out, More Amps, More Fuctions- I'll save up and buy that too :-) That's part of the fun of this hobby. Buying the best.

Old
  (#17)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

07.15.2010, 09:33 PM

wow wow wow mister Baller. You bought two of these monsters!

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer
GTP-Pletty Big Maxximum+RX8. GTP-C50-6L Hacker+RX8. CRT.5-Pro4+ZTW esc.
24s2p EVG SX 49.6mph Ebike.
18s4p Raptor 60mph Ebike. 11.5KW

The Most Powerful, Versatile Charger In The World, For the Price.
Old
  (#18)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

The Most Powerful, Versatile Charger In The World, For the Price. - 07.15.2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snellemin View Post
wow wow wow mister Baller. You bought two of these monsters!
Yes, one of the reasons for this is, if one ever were to need to be sent in for repair, I would still have one to keep me going. Also, I run back to back battery packs all day, when I go to the track. And though one 30amp charger is more than enough, I always like to have a backup. It's the same reason I bought two hyper 9e buggies. nonstop run time is just the right dose of fun. Now if I can just get Monster Mike to make me a quick change battery box for our RC's. One that doesn't require plugging and unpluging the battery each time. Just snap it into the car, and then into the charger. The battery would plug into the soft case that stays with the battery, and also is able to connect to the other part of the tray, that stays with the buggy(two parts lock together). And the tray that stays with the buggy would plug into the ESC. That way we could essentially change a battery out as fast or faster than a nitro buggy could refuel. Monster Mike sure is busy these days. I think I'm near the end of a three month waiting list to have parts made.

I love my twin chargers. These two chargers are going to have a very busy life. And will always be worth their weight in gold. I hear almost every major manufacture of high quality chargers is in the process of making high amp balance chargers, trying to stay competitive with the latest and greatest ie PowerLab 8 Rocks. Problem is, it's not all about the amps and power, it's also about the functions and abilities of the charger. That's what makes this one so great, and also the reason it's called a battery workstation. It can do so many things that no other charger I've ever read about or heard of, can do.