RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > CORR Trucks - Slash, SCRT10, etc.

sc8 converted to sc8e
Old
  (#1)
Daddydancool

sc8 converted to sc8e - 11.24.2010, 12:30 AM

I just finished my conversion.
however i have some questions
in the conversion manual, they said to keep to stock spur for the sc8 (there is a plastic one for rc8 and another one for rc8t) i find it weird that i keep the metal one for the sc8??

also i will run a 2200 catle motor in 4s. which pinion should i get?
thanks

Old
  (#2)
Daddydancool

11.24.2010, 12:31 AM

this is it so far

Old
  (#3)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

11.24.2010, 01:04 AM

Plastic or metal is really a personal preference, you can use either on your conversion. Some people say they like the plastic for less noise, but I have never thought my metal spurs were that loud anyway (proper gear mesh is key), so I just stick with them for durability and long wear. Still might try out a plastic spur one of these days just to see what the hype is about.

An 18T or 19T pinion should be a good starting point (pick up a few from the RCM store, they are strong and solid pinions), geared for right around 40mph top speed (many use this as the benchmark starting point). Check the motor and ESC temps during the first run to make sure things aren't too hot (temp gun is definitely a requirement), and you can make adjustments from there if needed.

Caster Fusion F8T - Serpent 811Be - Jammin X2 carbon e-GT conversion - Axial SCX10

Last edited by simplechamp; 11.24.2010 at 01:07 AM.

Old
  (#4)
Daddydancool

11.24.2010, 01:33 AM

ok i will try this setup. i always have my temp gun on me while testing gearing ;)

40 mph is just about perfect since i mostly race and 40 mph is almost too fast for my needs :) can't wait to see the difference from the nitro setup :D

Old
  (#5)
thzero
RC-Monster Aluminum

11.24.2010, 09:17 AM

http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/_top_speed.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddydancool View Post
ok i will try this setup. i always have my temp gun on me while testing gearing ;)

40 mph is just about perfect since i mostly race and 40 mph is almost too fast for my needs :) can't wait to see the difference from the nitro setup :D