Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > T/E Maxx Parts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Project: BL E-Maxx
Old
  (#1)
Josh
Mamba Monster Maxx (Coming Soon)

Exclamation Project: BL E-Maxx - 12.18.2006, 12:27 AM

Who knows when this project will end as the brushless motor/ ESC will be the Castle Creations Mamba Monster Maxx. So only time will tell. From now intel this I will be buying the parts to get my E-Maxx "Bomb-proof". I'm really looking for some help from you guys here at RC-Monster. This is my fifth year in the RC world and I've dealt with BL's before. So I'm "familiar with the scene"

Well here's what I have so far on my E-Maxx

MIP CVD's all around including center
Lunsford Titanium Hingepins
ACNCM Bulkheads front and rear
FullForce RC: Bearings, Body mounts, Shock boots, and servo skid plate
Hitec HS-645MG Steering servo
MaxAmps IB4200 7-Cell packs (Might switch over to Li-Po)
7.5 Buggy Diffs but no Diff cases to install them into

Onto the pictures -

My goal here is to give it a racing look but to have it be beating worthy! So a few changed such as the body will be in order.

What I'm looking to buy -

17mm hexes
Ofna Black dish wheels
Pro-Line Badland MT
RPM Arms all around
UE Diff Cases if I don't get FLM bulkheads
Some Pro-Line body
Pro-Line Powerstroke shocks
RPM Axle Carriers
Some JDCarbon stuff

What I need from you guys is -

Transmission Upgrades
Shock Tower suggestions
Any other information I might have missed

Thank you all so kindly for your time and I hope I can make RC-Monster my new home.

Josh:028:
  Send a message via MSN to Josh  
Old
  (#2)
Serum
RC-Monster Admin

12.18.2006, 02:47 AM

FLM has got nice shocktowers!

and the singlespeed is a nice add-on with a brushless setup.

Old
  (#3)
Josh

12.18.2006, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serum
FLM has got nice shocktowers!

and the singlespeed is a nice add-on with a brushless setup.
I've been debating off-and-on about getting the GorillaMaxx Single Speed. I've been talking with Shawn and he said the transmission should be just fine. I might add on a RRP slipper for a little extra "security". Will have to see what Santa has got in his bag for the E-Maxx :005:

I have a questions concerning the Hardened steel idler gear I've been reading about it and I see you can buy a pair. Should I do that?(buy a pair that is) I haven't really pried open the transmission since I put the FFRC bearings in there.

Josh :028:

Last edited by Josh; 12.18.2006 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention about the idler
Old
  (#4)
sleebus.jones
I like chocolate milk

12.18.2006, 09:14 AM

I'm a pretty big fan of RPM, so I'd suggest going with RPM shocktowers. I'm not so sure about getting aluminum body mounts either. Even with my emaxx in stock trim, I manage to flip it on its back a lot, which bungs up the body mount posts quite a bit. I can see how one flip would really mess up an aluminum set. With plastic, I just hit them with the heat gun and straighten them out.

Another thing you may want to look into are the oversized RPM wheel bearing carriers. The full set gets a bit pricy, but they will definitely give you more strength in an area that gets pretty beat to hell.

With the full RPM treatment like that, you should be pretty solid.

Sleebus

Old
  (#5)
neweuser
RC Monster, the Final Frontier

12.18.2006, 01:57 PM

I would also get the hybrids, better than the cases and cheaper. I would alos get the steel idler as well as a single speed conversion. If you are looking for JD Carbon hybrid turnbuckles, I have some! Never been used!!! PM me if you are interested.

"if you've got something to say, say it peacefully"
  Send a message via MSN to neweuser  
Old
  (#6)
Procharged5.0
RC-Monster Titanium

12.18.2006, 02:09 PM

Nice photos, especially with the leaves.

Supermaxx-Racer-X, VBS, FLM chassis & Transcase, HSR Motorsports Slipper, Cage, MMM ESC, NEU1515. REVO 3.3, BL X1-CRT, CRT, BL-CRT.5, Procharged '92 Mustang visit www.chitownrc.com and www.rcbros.com

Old
  (#7)
Josh

12.18.2006, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleebus.jones
I'm a pretty big fan of RPM, so I'd suggest going with RPM shocktowers. I'm not so sure about getting aluminum body mounts either. Even with my emaxx in stock trim, I manage to flip it on its back a lot, which bungs up the body mount posts quite a bit. I can see how one flip would really mess up an aluminum set. With plastic, I just hit them with the heat gun and straighten them out.

Another thing you may want to look into are the oversized RPM wheel bearing carriers. The full set gets a bit pricy, but they will definitely give you more strength in an area that gets pretty beat to hell.

With the full RPM treatment like that, you should be pretty solid.

Sleebus
I've been planning on getting the axle carriers already so that's on the list. I've recently found out my mistake about the aluminum body posts so they are going off the truck. I'll be trying to order RPM Arms, shocktowers, and the axle carriers shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procharged5.0
Nice photos, especially with the leaves.
Thanks. Means a lot! :)

Last edited by Josh; 12.18.2006 at 06:18 PM.
Old
  (#8)
Josh

12.18.2006, 06:21 PM

I have another question. I am going to ditch those huge bumpers in the front and rear. Should I also get some RPM bumpers to add to the RPM list? Or does anyone preffer something else?

Old
  (#9)
GorillaMaxx360
Always Willing to Obtain More Knowledge

12.18.2006, 06:45 PM

-i might be late but anyway- WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

Old
  (#10)
squeeforever
RC-Monster Mod

12.18.2006, 08:35 PM

One thing people neglected to mention is that the RPM arms with CVD's is a BIG no-no...The arms will flex and the CVD's will pop out and bend the CVD's. I would go with the RPM Revo carriers and 3.3 sliders...
  Send a message via AIM to squeeforever  
Old
  (#11)
GorillaMaxx360
Always Willing to Obtain More Knowledge

12.18.2006, 08:49 PM

RPM Bumpers are nice they dont break and if they do you can get a new one for free.

Old
  (#12)
Josh

12.19.2006, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeeforever
One thing people neglected to mention is that the RPM arms with CVD's is a BIG no-no...The arms will flex and the CVD's will pop out and bend the CVD's. I would go with the RPM Revo carriers and 3.3 sliders...
Are you bassicly saying ditch the MIP CVD's? :019: For plastic ones? I'll do it on one condition. I accept PayPal, when would you like the CVD's :005:

Old
  (#13)
jhautz
RC-Monster Mod

12.19.2006, 01:56 AM

Nice Project you have going here. E-Maxxes are so fun....:027: SO many options. Its almost limitless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeeforever
Couldn't agree more on this one Squee. Bent a few before I learned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
I've been debating off-and-on about getting the GorillaMaxx Single Speed. I've been talking with Shawn and he said the transmission should be just fine. I might add on a RRP slipper for a little extra "security". Will have to see what Santa has got in his bag for the E-Maxx :005:

I have a questions concerning the Hardened steel idler gear I've been reading about it and I see you can buy a pair. Should I do that?(buy a pair that is) I haven't really pried open the transmission since I put the FFRC bearings in there.
2 things...

Skip the RRP Slipper. Spend the few extra and get the strobe (http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...per-Kit&cat=40) and the plastic mod1 spur (http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail.php?prod=ofn30110) Much better.

If you get the single speed conversion then you only need one steel idler. ;) Even if you dont do the single speed conversion, you will likely only be driving in second gear any way so you could just replace the 2nd gear idler.

I can't decide if its more fun
to make it...
or break it...

Silent...But Deadly

Old
  (#14)
Josh

12.19.2006, 02:20 AM

If the strobe slipper works as well as it looks . I shouldn't be dissapointed :027:

Thanks for the help and keep the tips coming!

When you are talking about the 3.3 sliders, you are talking about these, correct?
If that's the one then, luckily, I bought a spare for my old Revo so I only have to buy 3 :005:

Last edited by Josh; 12.19.2006 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Added on the shafts
Old
  (#15)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

12.19.2006, 02:27 AM

If you don't want to get the full single-speed conversion for the tranny, I would definitely get the steel idler as mentioned and also the gear coupler (the do-hicky in the lower right corner):

This will lock it in second gear better than trying to rig the dog gear so it's locked. Also gets rid of the slop from the dog gear.

I don't think Mike has this part listed, but he can get it for you...
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG