RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Revo

Slayer Conversion brake setup w/ stock TX/RX
Old
  (#1)
Gee
A Horse's Ass

Slayer Conversion brake setup w/ stock TX/RX - 06.08.2009, 12:16 AM

Thinking and asking at the same time......

I was getting ready to list my Slayer for sale and realized the way I have it setup will not work with the stock radio and rx that are going with it. Currently have 1st and 2nd gear and mech brakes by mixing the third channel on the Spektrum.

Is there a way to use the stock radio with a brushless conversion using the mechanical brakes and keep both gears in use? The stock radio is only a two channel AM and the receiver has three channels. Would a Y off the esc work to activate the brake servo in the third channel? Might be an all or nothing brake using it that way. Plus the MM has the red wire disconnected so the BEC could be used.

Or is my only other option to…

get brakes using the stock radio and 3ch rx. I would need to lock the tranny into 2nd gear and ditch the mech brake setup. A plus would be having reverse.

The less work to convert the slayer back and forth between electric and nitro is what I was shooting for. I was planning on listing it with a BB conversion kit and a .28 nitro engine in addition to the brushless setup.

I could read the lock out sticky to figure this out, but I am guessing one of you fellows that already did it (or wrote the thread) knows the answer.

Is the 2nd gear lock out reversible w/o needing to replace any part that might be modified for the lockout?

Old
  (#2)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

06.08.2009, 12:27 AM

Just use a y cable and set the brake servo up manually. You will have to calibrate the esc 1st, and then set the brake servo linkage up manually, since you will have to make it work without any 3rd channel adjustments.

Old
  (#3)
Gee
A Horse's Ass

06.08.2009, 12:37 AM

Okay, I'll give it a try. I use a servo ext wire with the red one disconnected for the esc. So should I connect the Y to the ESC wire so the red wire is included or after where the red wire is not included?

Old
  (#4)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

06.08.2009, 12:48 AM

Are you powering the rx with the bec? If so just leave the red wire out of the MM signal harness and leave the red wires in the Y cable to power the brake servo.