RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > General Electric

Hyperion 610 Duo and smc 2s2p hardcase packs.
Old
  (#1)
FG101C
RC-Monster Aluminum

Hyperion 610 Duo and smc 2s2p hardcase packs. - 07.28.2014, 01:16 AM

It's been a while since I've been on here but I figured you guys would probably have an answer.

I have had a Hyperion 610 duo for about seven years now and love it. It has always worked perfectly on various packs I've had. I just recently started running 1/10th and am using typical hard case 2s2p 2s packs.

Well my Hyperion takes a good two to three hours to charge them. This is with a variety of brands. I have a cheap little IMAX charger that charges them in 20 minutes.

What I've noticed with the Hyperion is if one cell is higher than the other it drops to .5 amp and from what I can tell discharges the higher voltage cell, slooooooowwwlly, to match the other then start charging.

My question is there something I'm missing, a setting, or is that the way the Hyperion is set up?

Thank you.

Old
  (#2)
Arct1k
RC-Monster Mod

07.28.2014, 08:54 AM

It's struggling to balance the cells at the end with the 2p setup. (This is why we hate 2p setups). It masks if there is an issue with a single cell.

Old
  (#3)
bdebde
That's All Folks!

07.28.2014, 09:30 AM

Are these packs also being charged with the "cheap" charger too?... perhaps it is causing issues. I have some 2p packs (different charger), but no issues with charge times until they get old.

Old
  (#4)
FG101C
RC-Monster Aluminum

07.28.2014, 02:37 PM

I know I hate 2p packs. I switched to the IMAX for those because the Hyperion took so long. I think I'll use saddle's then charge them separately as 1 cell. Thanks for your help, wasn't sure if I was just missing a simple charger setup function.