RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Unlimited Engineering

Old
  (#16)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

09.17.2009, 09:04 PM

I got the dough, so just let me know...haha, I can rap!

-Chad
PM ME IF YOU HAVE THE BELOW:
VBS, CVDs, GM Single-Speed, OTB, Ultramaxxed, Super6, Strobe, Sprong, CNR Brake, UE Hex, DUH Towers, Predator, Blackbird, GA Blue Screws, HCR F/R Skids & Mutant
  Send a message via AIM to Chadworkz  
Old
  (#17)
Rivermaxx
RC-Monster Aluminum

09.17.2009, 09:43 PM

I had 2 sets at one time and regret selling the extra set. I have one now and plan on keeping them. I think its a pretty valuable peice in a supermaxx collection. One full blown Supermaxx is all I need.

Old
  (#18)
George16
Supermaxx

09.17.2009, 11:11 PM

So true considering I just won a Thunder chassis with .21 Hyper 8 and 10mm FOC'ed tranny.

Oh well.

Castle Neu 1520 on 6S LiPo Powered Gmaxx (Nitro Killer)
Predator with OS .21TM
Supermaxx with Mach .26
Revo with OS .18TZ
Kyosho ST-RR Conversion
Ofna CR with Tekin ESC/Motor (2)

Old
  (#19)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....

09.18.2009, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivermaxx View Post
That chassis came out well before the UE setbacks came out and obviously the longer wheelbase with setback definatly will make it better . Another example of improvement UE products has made to the industry. Harold he going to convert it too brushless so I dont think gearing should be a problem anymore. Wrong about the diffs though 8 spiders are definatly alot stronger than 6 spiders, Robin has done extensive testing with both and has gotten 6 spiders to fail where he has never had 8 spider fail at all. The 6 spiders are strong enough for the normal rc'er though. The severe abuse he put them through is really not normal but it did prove they can fail. He also did testing with the limited slip screw gear diffs ofna had/ has out and they fail rather quickly. Chad did you buy the vbs off lito?
My center diff brushless maxx would have been better off gearing-wise if I went w/ truggy diffs, that's why I say run the calc. just in case. However, the 61t spur may solve that for him, that's huge!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadworkz View Post
Yea, the fact that the 8-spiders have two more spider gears really makes a difference, in strength, durability, and diff-oil options. Plus, the aluminum 3-piece design makes them a breeze to assemble, disassemble, service, and reassemble...while also removing any flex associated with the plastic cup of the 6-spiders. The 8-spiders really are stronger and better than the 6-spiders, but for 95% of people the 6-spiders are more than enough, I just happen to want/have the 8-spiders.

As a side-note, my 8-spiders are Ofnas, not UEs, so I have to find a set of UE outputs for them.

I have the dough for the VBS, I am just waiting on Lito to decide if he wants to sell it or not...he really isn't sure yet.
Yeah, the 95% thing. I meant in this application 8 spiders are overkill. But that's the name of the game and my truck runs 3 of them!

I found the 8 spiders a major PITA to fill with fluid compared to a normal 6, but there are tips on UE's site on how to make that easier.

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Tags
cvd, g-maxx, gorillamaxx, supermaxx, unlimited engineering