RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Unlimited Engineering

Just had to brag! I FINALLY got a UE Lightning EXT Chassis...
Old
  (#1)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

Cool Just had to brag! I FINALLY got a UE Lightning EXT Chassis... - 10.10.2010, 07:21 PM

FINALLY! I finally got a UE Lightning EXT Chassis! I traded some of my other UE parts for it, some of the ones I needed to built the truck, but they will be easier to find again than finding a friggin' Lightning...heh! Anyway, I got one, so look forward to a build soon...

I know I posted this in my other thread, but it is dead I think...

-Chad
PM ME IF YOU HAVE THE BELOW:
VBS, CVDs, GM Single-Speed, OTB, Ultramaxxed, Super6, Strobe, Sprong, CNR Brake, UE Hex, DUH Towers, Predator, Blackbird, GA Blue Screws, HCR F/R Skids & Mutant
  Send a message via AIM to Chadworkz  
Old
  (#2)
tinuss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.11.2010, 06:01 PM

that is a nice chassis.....

must be really fun to build a truck like that..

Ralf

Old
  (#3)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

10.11.2010, 11:18 PM

Yea, I love building Supermaxxes, especially when they are built with, or out of, the rarer of the UE parts.

I was thinking about replacing the Gorillamaxx G2 chassis on my BL-SM with this chassis, but I may just build a complete new truck...I just need to find a VBS!!!

-Chad
VBS, CVDs, GM Single-Speed, OTB, Ultramaxxed, Super6, Strobe, Sprong, CNR Brake, UE Hex, DUH Towers, Predator, Blackbird, GA Blue Screws, HCR F/R Skids & Mutant
Old
  (#4)
ZippyBasher
8th scale Stunt-Driver/Mechanic

10.12.2010, 12:29 AM

I need to know. As I have a Maxx as well. Why is it, you want to spend so much on things like a >$400 "Thunder Chassis" (Which clearly was designed for old Nimh). Is it for collector value? Like guys buying $400 comic books? Or Girls and Beenie Babies?

Or is it you are going to bash/Race This and you think it is top notch? Just Wondering... As I would never bash or race a 2-3G Supermaxx with full blown VBS and Thunder chassis.... No Offense man. I can see buying this stuff when it was "The new Thing in MT Racing" But ... IDK Enlighten me...

EDIT: Even looking at those pics again. Its just 7075 Cut Nicely.. . HOW MUCH?

Maxx - FLM, MMM, CD Med.36x706s
Raja - FLM Ext. MM, 1512, 4s
SC8ight - MMM, 1520, 6s
D8T - MMM 1717 6s

My OVERPOWERED Rides "CLICK"

Like Playing Cards? Cut-Throat Rummy "CLICK"

Last edited by ZippyBasher; 10.12.2010 at 12:32 AM.

Old
  (#5)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

10.12.2010, 12:54 AM

This is a Lightning chassis, not a Thunder...the Thunder is for nitro, the Lightning is for Electric. These Lightnings go for anywhere between $600-$900. Thunders go for $75-$150.

I have a true love for UE parts, especially the ones that are very hard to get, like the Lightning chassis. I was finally able to find and buy one, so I did, and now I am going to build another full-blown Supermaxx with it.

I don't race anymore, so I won't be trying to win with "old" stuff, although I personally feel UE stuff will never get old, and will always be the best...PERIOD! It's far more than just 7075-T6 "cut" nicely...it's far more researched, designed, developed, tested, tested, refined, and tested some more until it is the best, better than any other product.

In ending, I just love UE, and Supermaxx parts, and love building Supermaxxes...they are beautiful to look at, fun to build, and even fun to have to hunt down certain parts no matter how much they cost. UE guys are the only ones that understand the feeling of building and owning a Supermaxx, it's unlike anything else in the world.

-Chad
Old
  (#6)
ZippyBasher
8th scale Stunt-Driver/Mechanic

10.12.2010, 01:59 AM

Please understand I meant no offense to you or your build... I just was curious... I wish I could understand, as I am so broke. Best of luck with your search for more UE parts. Its just I abuse my trucks so hard and I could never see spending so much on such parts. But to each his own. Good Luck to you Sir.

Edit: It just seems that chassis design is pretty simple to recreate... It doesnt look any different than say a FLM Chassis in regards to R&D same basic design, Of course extended...

Maxx - FLM, MMM, CD Med.36x706s
Raja - FLM Ext. MM, 1512, 4s
SC8ight - MMM, 1520, 6s
D8T - MMM 1717 6s

My OVERPOWERED Rides "CLICK"

Like Playing Cards? Cut-Throat Rummy "CLICK"

Last edited by ZippyBasher; 10.12.2010 at 02:05 AM.

Thats because.
Old
  (#7)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Thats because. - 10.12.2010, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyBasher View Post
Please understand I meant no offense to you or your build... I just was curious... I wish I could understand, as I am so broke. Best of luck with your search for more UE parts. Its just I abuse my trucks so hard and I could never see spending so much on such parts. But to each his own. Good Luck to you Sir.

Edit: It just seems that chassis design is pretty simple to recreate... It doesnt look any different than say a FLM Chassis in regards to R&D same basic design, Of course extended...
The reason that the FLM 3906 chassis looks so much like the UE Lightning chassis is because it was a shadow copy of that design. If you hold the two side by side you can see that there is an obvious difference in quality. Not that the FLM is a bad chassis, as I have both. For the money the FLM chassis is well worth the $100, but in comparison the UE Lightning chassis is a work of art. The time and effort that went into the Lightning is pretty easy to see when you compare the two up close. Plus it is coated to reduce the chances of conducting electricity. UE products are not for everyone for sure, but if you appreciate the finer engineering that goes into certain things regarding our hobby it is truly the best of R/C. Kind of like the difference between the Chevy Corevette and the Lamborguini Cuntach. Plus most of the UE products were created in limited quanities, compared to FLM turning out a much larger volume. to appease the masses.

By the way Chad congrats on acquiring your new Lightning chassis. How much did it hurt?? $$$.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Last edited by JERRY2KONE; 10.12.2010 at 03:03 AM. Reason: ADDING INFO

Old
  (#8)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

10.12.2010, 03:52 AM

Well, I traded a bunch of other UE parts for it, with an estimated value of around $700, so I think it is safe to say I paid about $700 for it...which is fine for me, because it is complete, and in like-new condition!

-Chad
try this.
Old
  (#9)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

try this. - 10.12.2010, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadworkz View Post
Well, I traded a bunch of other UE parts for it, with an estimated value of around $700, so I think it is safe to say I paid about $700 for it...which is fine for me, because it is complete, and in like-new condition!
You might want to shoot Robin a PM on UE about the VBS. He still has a couple laying around and hinted that he would be willing to sell if the price was right. I picked mine up about 6 months ago and paid approx $1000 for the set with Spider 8's installed. I waited a few years to get my hands on the ones that I now have. Good luck getting yours.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#10)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

10.12.2010, 04:22 AM

Yea, the last time I talked to Robin, he had a new set with 8's installed, Ti skids, Ti hingepins, jounces and bumpers for $1500, but I didn't have the money at the time...I think I heard he sold those, though.

It looks like I am going to just have to wait until someone decides to sell theirs...

-Chad
New vbs
Old
  (#11)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

New vbs - 10.12.2010, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Yea, the last time I talked to Robin, he had a new set with 8's installed, Ti skids, Ti hingepins, jounces and bumpers for $1500, but I didn't have the money at the time...I think I heard he sold those, though.

It looks like I am going to just have to wait until someone decides to sell theirs...
Don't kid yourself he has more VBS. He just posted up on a thread a few days ago replying to someone wanting to buy VBS, asking how much the person was willing to spend. SO he was eluding to the fact that he has a VBS that he is thinking about selling. Shoot him a PM and see what happens. You never know until you try, and even if he tells you no someone else may chime in with an offer to sell theirs. Offer him a payment plan. Thats how I found out about the set that I purchased. Someone else was asking about a VBS sale, and I sent a PM to one of the responders (who I know) which ended up in him selling me a full setup. Don't just sit back and wait, or you will miss out on several offers. The rest of my Lightning setup came from a guy selling everything he had been saving up for two years so he could do a UE build project, but ran into a bit of bad luck. So I got the whole thing for $750. It added up to about $2000 to $2500 worth of UE gear including the Lightning chassis, UE EXT suspension with knuckles, 6mm axles, Ultramaxxed gear set, Super shocks, and a UE servo saver, plus a bunch of other stuff. The VBS came about three years later. All together I have about $4000 worth of UE gear in this truck, but only spent about $2000. It now has a double monoblock and extended drivesahft installed. I have a Neu 1527 on its way for the project.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#12)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

10.12.2010, 08:00 AM

PM sent...well, Email! ;)

-Chad

Last edited by Chadworkz; 10.12.2010 at 08:03 AM.
Old
  (#13)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

10.12.2010, 08:05 AM

I actually have enough parts to trade for a nice VBS, allowing the VBS owner to make a decent profit...I am willing to over-pay, or over-trade, to get a VBS!

-Chad
Considering.
Old
  (#14)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Considering. - 10.12.2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
I actually have enough parts to trade for a nice VBS, allowing the VBS owner to make a decent profit...I am willing to over-pay, or over-trade, to get a VBS!
Well considering how bad the economy is these days I am sure that at least one VBS owner will want to sell just to make ends meet, but I am not one of them. I know there are a few guys on UE starting to let go of UE parts in order to put a little money into their pockets to pay bills. Kenny aka Daparathead, Sweetride4me, MJBE have all been selling off extra stuff, and all of them have VBS. Post up a thread on UE to let them know that you are seriously looking for them, and someone will show up.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#15)
George16
Supermaxx

10.12.2010, 07:52 PM

Too bad I already sold my other pair of VBS for cheap!! $650 shipped to Canada with 6 spyder gears.

I might sell the last one Chad. Wait until I return home from deployment in a month or two.

Castle Neu 1520 on 6S LiPo Powered Gmaxx (Nitro Killer)
Predator with OS .21TM
Supermaxx with Mach .26
Revo with OS .18TZ
Kyosho ST-RR Conversion
Ofna CR with Tekin ESC/Motor (2)

Tags
chassis, lightning, supermaxx, ue sm, unlimited engineering