RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Hey guys been a while
Old
  (#1)
crazyjr
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

Hey guys been a while - 09.19.2020, 01:07 PM

I won't go into details, but lost all my RC's over the past years, due to a bad patch I went through. long story short I'm in a better place now and wanting to get back into RC's. I been keeping up and liking what I see overall, thinking of either a mini E revo or Rustler 2wd for starters. This as many of you guys know, probably won't be conventional. I still like low KV/high volt setups and will eventually be headed that way, just need some information

#1. Anyone know the weight of the traxxas 550 12 turn motor in the brushed version of the mini E revo? I'll be looking to go brushless and wanting to cut weight if possible while maintaining the 540 size. I can go with the 380 size if needed, but the 550 is cheaper to get initially (Don't want too much junk to throw away or have to sell)

#2. What are the best of the cheaper batteries, my plan is 4-6s setups, aiming for efficiency over raw power. The cheaper the batteries, the higher I can go in voltage for the money, but will not sacrifice quality or safety.

Appreciate any info you can provide hope to be a regular once again

Work because i gotta, play because i wanna

People here hate Nitro, I love it. I start it, run it about 50 ft from me and it dies, I go after it. Perfect exercise

Old
  (#2)
Dafni
RC-Monster Mod

11.11.2020, 03:21 AM

Hey Crazy! It's been forever!

I cant help with your questions, but I remember you and I am happy to hear you are still around.

Most of my RC stuff survived my own rough patch, but I dont have much time anymore to do much with it. If ever you decide to go back to full size Maxxes or Revos feel free to hit me up, I might consider a donation to your cause if you need anything specific.

All the best

Daf

RC/DC - Brushless Conversions since 2000 !
>>>>>>>>> www.rc-dc.ch <<<<<<<<<<

Old
  (#3)
George16
Supermaxx

11.11.2020, 03:27 AM

Holy crap! It’s been a long time since I logged on here. Just logged in to check what’s going on around here. Glad to see familiar names here.

Go 4S for efficiency. I’m just dusting off my e-truggies now so I can start racing again. There’s an RC track 45 minutes from my house and holds club races all oat every weekend.

By the way, what happened to Harold (minnesnowta)?

Castle Neu 1520 on 6S LiPo Powered Gmaxx (Nitro Killer)
Predator with OS .21TM
Supermaxx with Mach .26
Revo with OS .18TZ
Kyosho ST-RR Conversion
Ofna CR with Tekin ESC/Motor (2)