RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Crawlers/Scale Vehicles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old
  (#16)
rootar
RC-Monster Titanium
 
rootar's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 1,803
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: arkansas
04.14.2011, 08:54 PM

looking like its gonna turn out nicely
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#17)
Aussie Nerd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
04.28.2011, 01:47 AM

Small update. Mamba Micros ordered along with the replacement shock shafts to replace the dodgy one on the SCX10 shocks. Still not very happy about having to fork out $14 for something that shouldn't be my problem.

Yeah hopefully Rooter. That's if SDS ever finishes the axles

Kieren
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#18)
Aussie Nerd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
05.05.2011, 08:11 PM

My esc's turned up today. I paid the measly sum of $3 for first class shipping from amain, yet despite this it was THE fastest I have ever received a parcel from the US. Now to those that pay for priority and express, I think you're being had.

Kieren
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#19)
Aussie Nerd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
05.06.2011, 10:50 PM

You know you're hardcore when you haven't even used your ESCs but they are already under the knife. Straight from the packet the case was removed, the white wire desoldered, switch removed and soldiered so it is permanently on at the board and then heatshrunk. From my rather inaccurate scales it is around 5-10g lighter per ESC.



Also I got a picture of the bad shock shaft, this is what you DON'T want your shafts to look like straight out of the packet. Not the clearest picture, but enough to get the general idea.



Slowly getting there...
Kieren
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#20)
Aussie Nerd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
05.16.2011, 06:39 AM

Just purchased myself a Futaba BLS157 at $183 shipped it is the most I have spent on a servo thus far. Lets hope it's worth it.

Kieren
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#21)
Aussie Nerd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
05.25.2011, 07:24 PM

Now if only I had a crawler to test it in



Kieren
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#22)
Aussie Nerd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
05.31.2011, 07:08 AM



What shocks shouldn't look like Also damaged was the plastic caps at both ends, the shock was saved though.



Kieren
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#23)
Aussie Nerd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
06.04.2011, 01:43 AM

Bought myself a set of near new berg axles to tide me over till the Al Fighters arrive.

Kieren
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#24)
Aussie Nerd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
06.15.2011, 04:03 AM

Hmm I wonder what this could be



Kieren
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#25)
Aussie Nerd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
06.16.2011, 06:14 AM

Here is some better pictures. I had to redo the proto as I screwed up the bearing pocket on the front, the new ones are as nice as can be fit wise.

Tube lathed to 14.8mm


Bored to 14.9mm to fit bearing nicely, and fit the tube neat, but not tight.


Finished product, minus bolt holes.


Next to no slop even though I'm still using the dogbones. For nothing spent I'm quite happy with the result. Next up is either lathing the long tube or machining the case.

Kieren
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#26)
Aussie Nerd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
06.19.2011, 06:53 PM

Here's a few pictures from last weeks mods. I've got a few more tricks up my sleeve yet, but not sure when I'll get them done.







Kieren
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#27)
Aussie Nerd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
06.20.2011, 08:23 PM

After a mild brain wave, the rear axle lockouts have been redone.



Kieren
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#28)
Aussie Nerd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
07.10.2011, 05:01 AM

Well I'm back from holidays, and I've already got some updates. The major one is the CrawlerX chassis. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves there.









More to come very soon
Kieren
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#29)
Aussie Nerd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
07.10.2011, 05:23 AM

The second update is some work on the front axle. I got my cheap as chips venom AX10 C hubs and immediately noticed quite a bit of material could be removed from the back of the C hub (around 2-3mm) without cutting into the mounting bolt slot. So into the vice it went. The next part was lathing the tubes so that I could use HR length super 300s. I originally only lathed up to the original link mount width as seen in the first picture. However this didn't make the most of the extra engagement afforded by the 300s so I took a little off the link mount as seen in the send picture. The end result is about +-10mm narrower a side. Plenty of room to go from a 350-475 to a 600-725.





Right now the tubes are pretty much done minus drilling and tapping, so I might try get to a roller of sorts tomorrow.

Kieren
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#30)
Aussie Nerd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
07.11.2011, 05:29 AM

Rear axle lockouts/tubes done (at this stage anyway). The gearcase might get some machining though.



Front axle tubes nearly complete. Just needs a set of HR 300s, I put the one in from my super, but I'll need to get a set for this. Also will just need to drill and tap when I settle on a caster angle for the C's. Again like the rear I might do some machining on the gearcase too.





Haven't had a chance to mock it up on the chassis yet, but it's very much on the agenda now the rear axles don't fall apart whenever you look in their direction

Kieren

Last edited by Aussie Nerd; 07.11.2011 at 05:30 AM.
   
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



RC Monster




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com