RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Labor Day Weekend
Old
  (#1)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Labor Day Weekend - 08.30.2013, 09:10 AM

Just wondering what everyone had planned for this Labor Day Weekend?

This will be my first time using my RC Truggies this year. I'm excited to get them out and the dust blown off of them.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Nick

Tamiya TRF801Xt-e

Old
  (#2)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.03.2013, 01:41 PM

I guess I will update my own thread, since no one else seemed very interested in it.

Brought my D8T out for the first run this year. My son and I went to a skate park and it was all going good until I went off the biggest jump there and broke the rear body mount and one of the terminals on the battery that I was using came loose. So that was the end of my day. I'll be finishing the repairs tonight and next weekend I'll go back to that skate park to master that large jump.

This time with video.

Hope you all had a good weekend,
Nick

Tamiya TRF801Xt-e

Old
  (#3)
DarkSammy
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.04.2013, 06:42 AM

Glad you had some fun, down in Australia we don't celebrate labour day, wish we did tho, I love long weekends lol... You are brave going to the skate park, very unforgiving when you are a terrible driver like me ;-)

Old
  (#4)
brainanator
RC-Monster Aluminum

09.04.2013, 08:49 AM

I went home for my grandfather's 90th birthday. Had a pretty good family reunion. Drove my truggy a bit, crashed my tricopter, drove my car up into the mountains. Had a good time.

OFNA Jammin CRT.5e, Savage Flux HP, MBX5Te, SCX10, Multirotors, foam planes
  Send a message via Yahoo to brainanator Send a message via MSN to brainanator  
Old
  (#5)
WheelMan
Do Epic Sh!t

09.04.2013, 02:08 PM

I spent most of the Labor Day weekend putting a door in wall of my garage that faces towards the yard, and then cleaning up & organizing the entire garage to free up some space (probably just to fill it back up with more crap! lol).

I'm very happy I spent the time to do this though, because the garage is much more usable now, and I have more space to work!

Before

And after

-Travis

Adults are just kids, with money.
Common sense, is not so common.

Last edited by WheelMan; 09.04.2013 at 02:09 PM.

Old
  (#6)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.04.2013, 03:38 PM

Nice looking garage Travis, other than that DOG sign lol.

Nick

Tamiya TRF801Xt-e

Old
  (#7)
WheelMan
Do Epic Sh!t

09.04.2013, 03:46 PM

Thanks Nick

haha yeah my old man gave me that banner. I like Dodge's pickups a lot, but unless we're talking late 60's Mopars, I'm actually a big Ford fan. I just put that banner up because I thought it was kinda cool...and the wall needed something.

-Travis

Old
  (#8)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.04.2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelMan View Post
Thanks Nick

haha yeah my old man gave me that banner. I like Dodge's pickups a lot, but unless we're talking late 60's Mopars, I'm actually a big Ford fan. I just put that banner up because I thought it was kinda cool...and the wall needed something.

-Travis
It's all in good fun Travis. I knew you would be able to take a little joke.

I'm a big GM guy myself. I like the BFG poster with the 5.0 on it. That's right from my era.

Nick

Tamiya TRF801Xt-e

Old
  (#9)
WheelMan
Do Epic Sh!t

09.04.2013, 04:21 PM

haha oh yeah its all good man!

That BF Goodrich banner with the yellow notchback on it has gone everywhere with me since I lived at home. Reason being...my first car was a fox body ('90 LX Hatch), which I painted the same color! haha

Shortly after I painted the car, I got that BFG banner from a friend, and its been in every garage I've had since then. Unfortunately though, I don't have my stang anymore. Was my only car for several years, so I had to drive it through the winter...and here in central IA and IL, winter roads are hard on older vehicles. Gobbles them right up, one rusty fender at a time

Just for old times sake, here she is

-Travis

Last edited by WheelMan; 09.04.2013 at 04:22 PM.

Old
  (#10)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.04.2013, 07:51 PM

Looks like a fun car. Was the drivetrain stock or all modded. I like picking on those in my Typhoon.

Nick

Tamiya TRF801Xt-e

Old
  (#11)
WheelMan
Do Epic Sh!t

09.05.2013, 02:48 PM

The drivestrain was stock, but the suspension needed some attention when I got it, so I put some H&R springs and Koni yellow shocks on it. But other than that, and a fresh paint job, it just got driven. Didn't have the car anymore by the time I got a job that gave me money I could've thrown at it.

Typhoon...wasn't that basically GMC's version of the blazer?

-Travis

Old
  (#12)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.05.2013, 03:09 PM

The Typhoon is a GMC but it was a limited production AWD V6 single turbo. GMC also made a Syclone, which was a pickup with the same drivetrain. Mine has been 11.6 in the 1/4 so far, hoping for a high 10 sec pass soon.

Nick

Tamiya TRF801Xt-e

Old
  (#13)
DarkSammy
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.05.2013, 05:18 PM

Wheelman that garage is a wet dream buddy, no wonder you can churn out some beautiful builds!

Old
  (#14)
WheelMan
Do Epic Sh!t

09.05.2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastety92 View Post
The Typhoon is a GMC but it was a limited production AWD V6 single turbo. GMC also made a Syclone, which was a pickup with the same drivetrain. Mine has been 11.6 in the 1/4 so far, hoping for a high 10 sec pass soon.

Nick
Ah ok, didn't know all that. Sounds like yours must be pretty healthy to be running 11's. Not bad, not bad at all. Care to share some pictures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Long View Post
Wheelman that garage is a wet dream buddy, no wonder you can churn out some beautiful builds!

Thanks Sam! I try!

-Travis

Last edited by WheelMan; 09.06.2013 at 08:43 AM.

Old
  (#15)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....

09.06.2013, 03:17 AM

Ouch WheelMan! Telling nastety92 a typhoon is just gmc's version of a blazer is like saying the mustang is just ford's version of the mercury capri, or like a mercury marauder is just mercury's version of a ford crown vic. Hmmmm. Not the best analogies, the point being there is no such thing as just a typhoon.

Ooooh oooh ooh- here's a good analogy- telling nastety92 a typhoon is just gmc's version of a blazer, is like saying a buick grand national is just buick's version of a monte carlo. Yep. That's an apt analogy.

Good job on the door. At first I was like, whoa, that's a big job. But then I saw the window so you already had a header in place. Nice work, it looks clean. And yes, that is a nice man cave. Love the RR!

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.