Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Revo

rc car revo build
Old
  (#1)
entjoles

rc car revo build - 04.09.2007, 08:33 PM

check this out

http://stampedeproject.com/RC-Car-Tr...onversion.html

it says that the mag and traxxas were in on it, thats good news imo, and it hit like 40 w/stock tranny

Old
  (#2)
entjoles

04.09.2007, 08:37 PM

at the very bottem it gives props to the emaxx tranny conv. , cool but you guys did this like two years ago right:010:

Old
  (#3)
entjoles

04.09.2007, 09:01 PM

it hits like 50 with the emaxx tranny in second, pretty cool, i did not read it all before i posted

Old
  (#4)
Finnster
KillaHurtz

04.09.2007, 09:07 PM

Kind of an ugly and clumsy conversion IMO, but hey, whatever works. Made me a bit skeptical as soon as I saw those voltage boost boxes.

Hard to describe the Emaxx tranny swap as "neither expected or simple." It took me ~30 in using hand files, working slowly and carefully. Obviously the author didn't spend enough time reading RCM threads, as he would have found this "expected and simple."

Quote:
Another little challenge revealed itself when I realized that the final drive on the Revo runs opposite of an E-Maxx.
? It ran in reverse? Why didn't he just reverse the motor then? Not possible on an HV? The mags should showcase some of the "NTB" conversions here as some of them show some fine craftsmanship.

Old
  (#5)
entjoles

04.09.2007, 09:10 PM

it will come in time, but probably a idea from here, i just think this is good news, my build is rather clumsy compared to most here but it is just about heading in the right direction for this technology, imo

Old
  (#6)
Finnster
KillaHurtz

04.09.2007, 10:37 PM

Didn't mean to sound so negative, but its just it was obviously written by someone not too familiar with brushless setups and conversions, so has some misleading or bad information. I guess I'd just like to see some of the fine craftsman here get the press, rather than someone who threw together a Novak setup with the focus of being able to "switch back to nitro in one hour."

He used turbo boxes and 48p spurs for christ's sake :P Oh well, its good press for the hobby.

Old
  (#7)
entjoles

04.09.2007, 10:43 PM

that was what i was trying to say about the brushless and lipo tech, but i think that it would be cool if they would test one of the high end conversions that some of these guys build, may open many eyes

Old
  (#8)
BP-Revo
BMW M Power!

04.09.2007, 10:55 PM

I'm not so much disturbed by the Novak. While not a lightning fast system, they really are the only system that come pre-wired and totally ready to drop in, and for alot of people, that makes a difference. I know someone who just blew 40 bucks on that new GorillaMaxx Motor Mount just because it would be an easy install.

The Monster Maxx should help solve this problem.

Not to mention that I also used a Novak for quite a while. Its a nice controllable system, but my 1950 should make it look like the stock motors. :D

What realy disgusts me is the 48P spur, like previously mentioned. On top of that, the excuse for a motor mount. Not only is that L bracket aluminum so damn thin it would flex like tin foil, but he doesn't have any other bracing on the chassis, so that will flex as well. On big jump and that spur is toast.

Lastly, the fact he used those "voltage booster" boxes shows and mounted the battery where he did is a complete joke.

BL Revo: CF G2R, LMT1940/7, 6S FP 30C Lipos, MMM, Hitec 5955TG
CRT .5: 7075 Ext Chassis, LMT1930/7, FP 25C 3S Lipos, MM

Old
  (#9)
Finnster
KillaHurtz

04.09.2007, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP-Revo
I'm not so much disturbed by the Novak. [ Haha! I knew you would love that comment! But Novak is teh 3vil here] While not a lightning fast system, they really are the only system that come pre-wired and totally ready to drop in, and for alot of people, that makes a difference. I know someone who just blew 40 bucks on that new GorillaMaxx Motor Mount just because it would be an easy install.

The Monster Maxx should help solve this problem.

Not to mention that I also used a Novak for quite a while. Its a nice controllable system, but my 1950 should make it look like the stock motors. :D

What realy disgusts me is the 48P spur, like previously mentioned. On top of that, the excuse for a motor mount. Not only is that L bracket aluminum so damn thin it would flex like tin foil, but he doesn't have any other bracing on the chassis, so that will flex as well. On big jump and that spur is toast.

Lastly, the fact he used those "voltage booster" boxes shows and mounted the battery where he did is a complete joke.

Saw that mount too.... The 4s1p A123 was a strange choice as well. It really wouldn't get the most of the system. Not terrible, just some better choices could have been made in setup, configuration and materials. The end product would have def knocked some nitro guys socks off. This one just looks a bit bulky and doesn't quite do Revo conversions justice. So much attention paid to keeping unneccessary gear like shifters and the optidrive and such just make it a bit awkward. The batt trays are very neat looking tho.

Last edited by Finnster; 04.10.2007 at 01:11 PM.

Old
  (#10)
toby
RC-Monster Aluminum

04.10.2007, 07:23 AM

i do not want to talk trash about it becasue my revo hasn't started yet, but if i saw that conversion initial thought would be

Wow awesome, a revo conversion lets see that thing up close

than i would look and to me, i mean it is good but it looks like my savage conversion that i did when i was in grade 8

rc18mt/blade cp

Old
  (#11)
jhautz
RC-Monster Mod

04.11.2007, 03:49 AM

That motor mount on the revo chassis conversion is a freakin joke. The motor has to bounce around on that flimsy thing like a bobble head doll.

Seriously guys... If that took him 80 hours like he said and he got paid for those 80 hours I am in the wrong business. He must have been sleeping for 60 of those 80 hours. It almost looks like he went though effort to do it worst way possible. Mounting the batteries up over the shocks? Talk about high center of gravity, the weight all at the rear of the truck, and not being able to adjust the shocks any more.

Sorry. It just pisses me off when you see someone have an opportunity to do something good for the large scale electric community and get some exposure and they totally screw it up.

I can't decide if its more fun
to make it...
or break it...

Silent...But Deadly

Old
  (#12)
Dafni
RC-Monster Mod

04.11.2007, 04:33 AM

I'm with you, jhautz! You speak my mind.

We made conversions like this (and better too) over 2 years ago.

Old
  (#13)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

04.11.2007, 10:17 AM

LOL, I agree Jhautz! Did you also notice that the mount is crooked? So, the mesh is not even right at rest! And that mount is a joke! My 8yr old wouldn't do something that crappy! It is far too thin, like you said. And slapping the battery pack over the rear shocks?? Ugg! Talk about too much weight in the rear! I feel embarassed for the guy - I mean I would never have something that crappy in an R/C mag!

An like you said; it just gives people the wrong idea about what we do...
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#14)
Mr.lst
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

04.11.2007, 10:53 AM

maybe you guy's that already have converted revo's should send in pictures and explain to the magazine that there are better conversions that are being made and that it gives the wrong image of what brushless conversions should be like

Old
  (#15)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

04.11.2007, 11:12 AM

I'll leave that for someone like Dafni with his pristine Revo... :)

TBH, I wouldn't want mine published in a mag because I don't think it's worthy.
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG