(#1)
toby
RC-Monster Aluminum

quark,4s,neu question - 04.13.2007, 07:37 AM

in my revo i was going to be running a

4s lipo 10000mah from maxamps
neu 1512

and i purchased a quark 80b

is that going to be sufficient, the more i think about it the more i think i jumped the gun on the esc.

thanks
taylor

rc18mt/blade cp

Old
  (#2)
wallot
RC-Monster Titanium

04.13.2007, 08:19 AM

which neu u have thats the important part. is it 2.5D 2000kv? if so it should draw about 50Amps so quark 80 should be OK. but Quark 125 can already get quite hot in Trucks so guess you have to test it how q80 will do.

Radek
V4 D8 - RX8, XERUN 4168SD
F1-09 - Tekin RS Pro, 17.5t Redline, 2S LiPo
Sakura Zero S - LRP, Saturn 20T, 2S LiPo
*EX-10 Eurus*
 Send a message via ICQ to wallot  
Old
  (#3)
luvsrc
RC-MONSTER BRUSHLESS FANATIC

04.13.2007, 09:48 AM

I have the Quark monster pro and Neu 1515 1Y that runs cool for racing, I don't have any experience to your set up but Just test it and see how it goes, If you are having problems with heat on your quark here is what I bought from here http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail.php?prod=RCM008
Have fun and enjoy hope this helps

Brushless Jammin Truggy on NEU 1515 2.5 D on Monster mamba max with maxamps 5000mah 6s Lipo
Gorillamaxx Revo CF version on Mamba maxx ESC with NEU 1515 1Y on Maxamps 4s 8000mah Lipo

Old
  (#4)
AAngel

04.13.2007, 05:32 PM

I don't know. I don't have a Quark, but just going by the specs, I would have gone for the MM if all you are running is 4S. As everyone said, you'll just have to check it out. The only advise I can give is to keep the rolling resistance to a minimum. Don't get crazy with the size of the tires, keep the truck light, and use conservative gearing. I toasted a Mamba Max last night on 5S because I went too big with the tires and tried to gear too much.

Old
  (#5)
zeropointbug
Z-Pinch racer

04.13.2007, 07:38 PM

Which Neu 1512 were you planning on getting? I don't know about that setup, running huge 10Ah pack at lower voltage plus a smaller Quark 80... that spells trouble for me. The Quark might thermal before the end of batt pack.

You could easily get away running on 5s LiPo 6-8Ah pack, and run the 1515/2.5d. That will definitely keep the amps down, and give you 'sick' performance.

Do you think you would want to make the internal heat spreader mod? That will surely keep your temps way down, along with the RC-Monster Quark heatsink.

I don't get why you bought something, and THEN asked if it will work?:032: :005:

“The modern astrophysical concept that ascribes the sun’s energy to thermonuclear reactions deep in the solar interior is contradicted by nearly every observable aspect of the sun.” —Ralph E. Juergens

Old
  (#6)
toby
RC-Monster Aluminum

04.13.2007, 08:20 PM

i am bad ass.... lol j/k i don't know man. what is the internal heat spreader mod

rc18mt/blade cp

Old
  (#7)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

04.13.2007, 08:31 PM

It's where you remove the internal thermal pads that hold the FETs to the case, and replace the heatspreader with something a tad thicker, and thermal epoxy the internals to the case. It drastically reduces the thermal resistance from my experience, so it heats quicker and cools off quicker. This makes any additional heatsink operate much more efficiently, but may void the warranty if you try to send it in for service.
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG