RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Group buy: Wing mount for MBX6T wing mount and UE KnuckleHead shock towers
Old
  (#1)
gumleguf
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Talking Group buy: Wing mount for MBX6T wing mount and UE KnuckleHead shock towers - 12.31.2012, 10:56 AM

Gentlemen,

I'd like to announce a group buy for my wing mount designed for use with the Mugen MBX6T wing mount (#E0411) and UE KnuckleHead shock towers (#E0411 is *not* included - żou only buy my aluminum wing mount). Perhaps someone on the RC-Monster forum would like a mount or two. This is a limited run and I am only just covering my expenses for having these made. I am not doing this to make money - just so we are clear on that.

I have a thread about the design of the wing mounts over on the UE forum:

- http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/...ad.php?t=23747

There is also a group buy thread for my wing mounts in the buy/sell/trade section on the UE forum:

- http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/...ad.php?t=23828

Two versions will be made; a small version and a large version. Distinct difference is the fifth lower hole on the larger version. They are both made from 5754 aluminum (quote from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium_alloy):

Quote:
Aluminium alloys 5052, 5251, 5754 are very similar grades, only differing in the amount of magnesium. 5052 has 2.5% magnesium and is commonly used in the U.S.; 5251 has 2% magnesium and is commonly used in the UK; and 5754 has 3% magnesium and is commonly used in Europe. Due to their formability, corrosion resistance and weldability these grades are commonly used in pressure vessels, tanks, fitting, boat hulls, and van bodies. Their salt water corrosion resistance is better than the 1200 grade and their strength is better than the 3003 grade.
Price each will be the same as what the "Brushless Motor mount - Ofna X1 CRT" (http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail.php?prod=RCMCRT1) costs. I hope it's okay that I mention it this way?

Weight of the small wing mount is ~11 grams. I am sorry but I forgot to weigh the large version before installing it but it's probably no more than 25 grams or less.

If you want to buy one or more of my wing mounts please send me a PM where you clearly indicate the following. I will return your PM with a confirmation:

UE forum user name:
Email address:
Full name:
Full shipping address (including country):
Small version (how many?):
Large version (how many?):

Once enough people have committed to the group buy (20 or so) I'll send out an email to each one of you individually and quote you for the total amount. I accept Paypal.

Shipping will be done by regular mail using a bubble padded envelope. Here are some examples of prices from Denmark to the US:

- Up to 50 grams (incl. bubble padded envelope): $5
- Up to 100 grams (incl. bubble padded envelope): $8
- Up to 250 grams (incl. bubble padded envelope): $12

/Greg

Notice that the small version *will* have the arched bottom as shown on the CAD drawing. The live one on the picture is just a proto type.

Last edited by gumleguf; 12.31.2012 at 04:11 PM.

Old
  (#2)
gumleguf
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

01.01.2013, 11:55 AM

Obviously you don't need an UE forum user name in order to participate in this group buy. Sorry if I made it sound like that. Just drop me a PM with the following details and I will get back to you with a confirmation:

RC-Monster forum user name:
Email address:
Full name:
Full shipping address (including country):
Small version (how many?):
Large version (how many?):

Also, I finally weighed the large wing mount on our digital kitchen weight and it's ~15 grams in total.

Some have asked for a small video presentation of the parts, so here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOKCwk1nRCI

Last edited by gumleguf; 01.01.2013 at 03:06 PM.

Old
  (#3)
gumleguf
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

01.05.2013, 05:03 PM

Group buy will soon be closing. Please let me know if you are interested using the form in my previous post. Thank you.

Old
  (#4)
gumleguf
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

01.09.2013, 04:21 AM

Group buy is now closed. Mods, please close this thread.

:)

Old
  (#5)
gumleguf
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.02.2013, 09:44 AM

How it ended up looking:

Closed Thread