RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > CORR Trucks - Slash, SCRT10, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
truggy corr conversion?
Old
  (#1)
kneedeeppow
is lovin life brushless
 
kneedeeppow's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 109
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: new zealand
truggy corr conversion? - 02.11.2010, 03:41 AM

can 1/8 truggies be converted to corr truck? am thinking about putting a corr body on my mbx5t.is it possible?


associated rc8t..........e
tamiya f104pro,r,w.f103gt.tb02,ta02
nuova faor sf501

avatar is pic of what our cat does with empty boxes left over from rc purchases
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#2)
OZ-RUSTLER
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
OZ-RUSTLER's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 201
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
02.11.2010, 04:01 AM

Maybe, if you put buggy arms and driveshafts you can fit an SC8 body on. I am thinking about doing the same, but with my XB8 and XT8 parts I have lying around.
Already have a buggy with an SC10 body on it with SC8 bumpers, and it is much better driving than a Slash or SC10 (for my style of bashing anyway).
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin
 
BrianG's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 14,609
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Des Moines, IA
02.11.2010, 09:55 AM

^+1. Most buggies fit Slash/SC8 bodies pretty well, so a truggy would likely be a bit too long/wide to fit right without modifications.
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
junkman
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Offline
Posts: 269
Join Date: Dec 2005
02.11.2010, 11:52 AM

I have an 8ight-t that I swapped buggy arms, shafts onto. Fits the sc8 body perfect. It is probably cheaper starting with a buggy, then just using the truggy chassis plate if you want to go with the sc8 lenght. As stated the slash body length will drop on a 1/8 buggy just right.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5)
thzero
RC-Monster Aluminum
 
Offline
Posts: 800
Join Date: Oct 2009
02.11.2010, 12:28 PM

Here's a shot of my RC8T with a modified SC8 body.



Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman View Post
I have an 8ight-t that I swapped buggy arms, shafts onto. Fits the sc8 body perfect. It is probably cheaper starting with a buggy, then just using the truggy chassis plate if you want to go with the sc8 lenght. As stated the slash body length will drop on a 1/8 buggy just right.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
kneedeeppow
is lovin life brushless
 
kneedeeppow's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 109
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: new zealand
02.12.2010, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thzero View Post
Here's a shot of my RC8T with a modified SC8 body.

did you cut the wheel arches out a little more? are they truggy tires? i am hoping to do the same and keep my truggy arms.


associated rc8t..........e
tamiya f104pro,r,w.f103gt.tb02,ta02
nuova faor sf501

avatar is pic of what our cat does with empty boxes left over from rc purchases
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
thzero
RC-Monster Aluminum
 
Offline
Posts: 800
Join Date: Oct 2009
02.12.2010, 08:09 AM

I have more photos of it. However, yes I had to cut out the wheel arches probably a good 3/8"s of an inch. Also created some body mounts using aluminum sheet and the SC8 body mounts as the body needed to be raised even with the wheel arches cutout. Its running on Pro-Line Badlands MT with Maximizer beadlocks.

But yeah, I sorta liked the look myself, however I did not want to lose the width of the truggy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedeeppow View Post
did you cut the wheel arches out a little more? are they truggy tires? i am hoping to do the same and keep my truggy arms.
   
Reply With Quote
sc8 body
Old
  (#8)
kneedeeppow
is lovin life brushless
 
kneedeeppow's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 109
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: new zealand
sc8 body - 02.12.2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thzero View Post
I have more photos of it. However, yes I had to cut out the wheel arches probably a good 3/8"s of an inch. Also created some body mounts using aluminum sheet and the SC8 body mounts as the body needed to be raised even with the wheel arches cutout. Its running on Pro-Line Badlands MT with Maximizer beadlocks.But yeah, I sorta liked the look myself, however I did not want to lose the width of the truggy.
that looks cool aye.with the way my tires balloon when the throttle gets hit hard i will need alot of room around the wheel arches.was wondering how you made the body mounts,thats a good way i reckon.atleast then the alloy would bend on impact rather than the mounts snapping. one of our club members showed up to our open day with a sc8.i put the body ontop of my chassis out of interest and thought it looked pretty mean.its something different i guess.


associated rc8t..........e
tamiya f104pro,r,w.f103gt.tb02,ta02
nuova faor sf501

avatar is pic of what our cat does with empty boxes left over from rc purchases
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#9)
thzero
RC-Monster Aluminum
 
Offline
Posts: 800
Join Date: Oct 2009
02.12.2010, 02:22 PM

I've also taped the insides of the tires to "help" with the ballooning issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedeeppow View Post
that looks cool aye.with the way my tires balloon when the throttle gets hit hard i will need alot of room around the wheel arches.was wondering how you made the body mounts,thats a good way i reckon.atleast then the alloy would bend on impact rather than the mounts snapping. one of our club members showed up to our open day with a sc8.i put the body ontop of my chassis out of interest and thought it looked pretty mean.its something different i guess.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#10)
kneedeeppow
is lovin life brushless
 
kneedeeppow's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 109
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: new zealand
02.12.2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thzero View Post
I've also taped the insides of the tires to "help" with the ballooning issue.
i am waiting a new set of feet for my trug and was planning on doing that.was hoping to keep the truggy arms and wheels and not have to go for buggy wheels to fit the body.i do alot of jumping and bashing so truggy wheels i feel suit my usage better than smaller buggy wheels.


associated rc8t..........e
tamiya f104pro,r,w.f103gt.tb02,ta02
nuova faor sf501

avatar is pic of what our cat does with empty boxes left over from rc purchases
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#11)
3.3maxx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
03.25.2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thzero View Post
I've also taped the insides of the tires to "help" with the ballooning issue.
I do the same thing but thought I would try out the duct tape called gorilla tape. Its black and honestly it stopped the balooning all together. I no longer have that issue at all. I also have a RC8Te and a SC8e. I just finished assembling the SC8 but am dying to run it. I love my 8T!!!
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#12)
thzero
RC-Monster Aluminum
 
Offline
Posts: 800
Join Date: Oct 2009
03.25.2010, 11:05 PM

Yup, I used the same thing myself and found out I had no ballooning either.

I was really disappointed with the SC8, its basically a buggy with the longer chassis. And its really not that much bigger than the crop of 4x4 SC trucks. :|

Now if they would come out with an SC body for 1/8 truggies, that would be killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.3maxx View Post
I do the same thing but thought I would try out the duct tape called gorilla tape. Its black and honestly it stopped the balooning all together. I no longer have that issue at all. I also have a RC8Te and a SC8e. I just finished assembling the SC8 but am dying to run it. I love my 8T!!!
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#13)
kneedeeppow
is lovin life brushless
 
kneedeeppow's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 109
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: new zealand
03.26.2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.3maxx View Post
I do the same thing but thought I would try out the duct tape called gorilla tape. Its black and honestly it stopped the balooning all together. I no longer have that issue at all. I also have a RC8Te and a SC8e. I just finished assembling the SC8 but am dying to run it. I love my 8T!!!
so you run the tape along the inside of the tire between the inner and the tire?


associated rc8t..........e
tamiya f104pro,r,w.f103gt.tb02,ta02
nuova faor sf501

avatar is pic of what our cat does with empty boxes left over from rc purchases
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#14)
thzero
RC-Monster Aluminum
 
Offline
Posts: 800
Join Date: Oct 2009
03.26.2010, 05:28 PM

Yup. Just flip the tires inside out, run a circle of tape around the circumference of the tire without overlapping the tape. Then flip the tires back and install as normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedeeppow View Post
so you run the tape along the inside of the tire between the inner and the tire?
   
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



RC Monster




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com