RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Brushless

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#31)
SV6000
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.04.2012, 11:08 PM

Me too mate, i will post some pics of the baja when the motor mount and cooling jacket get here, might run Hydra ICE 200 to start with and see how it goes first.

CUBIC INCHES = CUBIC HORSEPOWER = CUBIC DOLLARS

Old
  (#32)
crazyjr
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

03.05.2012, 01:38 AM

I have been looking at the MGM's lately, I am planning a hi volt mini e-revo (6s+). I know 6s is not true hi-volt, but in a merv it will be. I still love castle for service, But they do not have a high volt capable esc for the mini vehicles.

Work because i gotta, play because i wanna

People here hate Nitro, I love it. I start it, run it about 50 ft from me and it dies, I go after it. Perfect exercise

Old
  (#33)
freddy

03.05.2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjr View Post
I have been looking at the MGM's lately, I am planning a hi volt mini e-revo (6s+). I know 6s is not true hi-volt, but in a merv it will be. I still love castle for service, But they do not have a high volt capable esc for the mini vehicles.
Mamba Max PRO, do not think you are able find any 6s++ system that fits,, beside, you are only able to fit a tiny 3s lipo in there and a big motor will only decrease the reliable to a point where the car is not usable.

Old
  (#34)
bruce750i
RC-Monster Aluminum

03.05.2012, 10:59 AM

6s Merv could work if you do your homework in finding a good kv "small block" and gear it correctly.

Last edited by bruce750i; 03.05.2012 at 11:00 AM.

Old
  (#35)
crazyjr
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

03.05.2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy View Post
Mamba Max PRO, do not think you are able find any 6s++ system that fits,, beside, you are only able to fit a tiny 3s lipo in there and a big motor will only decrease the reliable to a point where the car is not usable.
The idea, is to use smaller esc and motor to limit the stress on drivetrain and electronics. The smaller MGM's can be got much smaller than the next choice, The Quark 65 car type. Quark makes smaller ones but they are only 5s capable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce750i View Post
6s Merv could work if you do your homework in finding a good kv "small block" and gear it correctly.
The plan is to pair the MGM with a smaller tenshock or lehner motor (10 series) probably around 1200kv

Work because i gotta, play because i wanna

People here hate Nitro, I love it. I start it, run it about 50 ft from me and it dies, I go after it. Perfect exercise

Old
  (#36)
ziggy12345
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.14.2012, 03:48 PM

Ive been running the 25063 x series with Lehner 3040/6. Its a bit of a miss match as the motor cant handle the volts of the esc and the ESC cant deliver the amps the motor can handle but I cant fault the ESC. I use it with 2 x 6s packs and get a constant 240 amps no problems. The MGM has some great feaures like throttle ramp timing up to 1 minute. Amp peak cut off, peak motor rev cut off, data logging etc...

Cheers