RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Anyone use ShipYourRC.com?
Old
  (#1)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

Anyone use ShipYourRC.com? - 05.05.2010, 05:13 PM

I just tried them they other day and it was a decent savings over what UPS and USPS wanted to charge. For little stuff it's hard to beat the USPS, but when it comes to shipping bigger stuff like full RC's they jump up in price very quick.

Not trying to promote them in any way, just wanted to see if anyone else has used their service and what opinions people had. Apparently they have many sister sites in the format of shipyour*****.com

Caster Fusion F8T - Serpent 811Be - Jammin X2 carbon e-GT conversion - Axial SCX10

Old
  (#2)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

05.05.2010, 05:44 PM

Hmm. I wonder why people can't just ship directly through UPS since that is what that site uses as the carrier? If it's cheaper to go through them, then why?
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
really?
Old
  (#3)
ilpufxit
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

really? - 05.05.2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
Hmm. I wonder why people can't just ship directly through UPS since that is what that site uses as the carrier? If it's cheaper to go through them, then why?

+1 ..... Sounds like the beginning of a sad story.

Old
  (#4)
ClodMaxx
hold my beer... watch this...

05.05.2010, 05:56 PM

they might have a business account and/or agreement with UPS and get a good discount. we have UPS as a client (advertising), and get discounted shipping...but i'm not sure if it's discounted because we have a business account, or because they're our client.

Xray XT8 (Neu powered) MMM on 5s
MD 500 scale heli - castle HV-45 on 3s
Eflite Blade 400 heli on 3s

Old
  (#5)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

05.05.2010, 06:01 PM

Oh, I understand that. Many businesses can get discounts providing they just about guarantee a certain volume, but I wonder how it works in this case? I mean, this ShipYourWhatever site is just a middle-man, and you know they are making some kind of profit, so the discounts must be pretty good to be worthwhile.

All in all, for the number of times I ship a large item (rare), it's just easier for me to ship it normally. If I was an online shop or something, it might make sense.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is a bad idea, I'm just wondering what the "catch" is...
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#6)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

05.06.2010, 05:58 PM

Seems like a win-win situation to me. They make a profit and it's still cheaper for the consumer (my cost was about 25% less than what UPS wanted to charge me direct). I don't see why there has to be a "catch", they just have a large volume contract.

Caster Fusion F8T - Serpent 811Be - Jammin X2 carbon e-GT conversion - Axial SCX10

Old
  (#7)
marzac2
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.06.2010, 07:18 PM

There's ALWAYS a catch!

Losi 8 Buggy + Truggy & Associated SC8
Tekno RC Conversion Kits on all
MMM, MGM, Xcelorin ESC's
Tekno Neu "square can" brushless motors
Polyquest - Neu - Flight Power LiPo's

Old
  (#8)
riverat1540
RC-Monster Aluminum

05.06.2010, 08:12 PM

I am selling my muggy right now and plan to go this route after seeing the site, its going with all my rc stuff, charger and controller like 5 sets of tires so it will be a hefty item to ship, ill report back after it is shipped and delivered, RC-Universe advertises it as well

Losi Muggy

medusa 36-80-2000kv
6s turnigy 30c
MMMV3
46ts/ 14-16p
spektrum radio
  Send a message via Yahoo to riverat1540 Send a message via AIM to riverat1540  
Old
  (#9)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

05.06.2010, 08:23 PM

If you wouldn't mind get the online quotes for UPS direct, USPS direct, and SYRC.com and post back here with a comparison. I forgot my exact numbers, but as I said it was somewhere around 25%.

I'm having a hard time seeing why some people seem to think there has to be some big evil plot going on for this to be possible, or there is a "catch".

Last edited by simplechamp; 05.06.2010 at 08:25 PM.

Old
  (#10)
riverat1540
RC-Monster Aluminum

05.06.2010, 08:28 PM

sure no problem i still have to find a box, the auction still has 8 days left so i have some time.
im not sure about a catch as long as it is cheaper and im still get the same service as going to ups myself, my guess is a bulk discount because you can bet all the Shipyour____.com's are under the same deal with ups. cheaper by the dozen i say!

Losi Muggy

medusa 36-80-2000kv
6s turnigy 30c
MMMV3
46ts/ 14-16p
spektrum radio
Old
  (#11)
riverat1540
RC-Monster Aluminum

05.15.2010, 08:06 PM

I saved about 12 bucks on a 42lb package over just going to ups and buying my shipping. pretty good service, i would use it again

Losi Muggy

medusa 36-80-2000kv
6s turnigy 30c
MMMV3
46ts/ 14-16p
spektrum radio
Old
  (#12)
kulangflow
Never Fast Enough

05.16.2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverat1540 View Post
I saved about 12 bucks on a 42lb package over just going to ups and buying my shipping. pretty good service, i would use it again
Does that mean I get a discount on the $40 I paid for shipping?

I'm just bustin' your chops. I can't wait 'til the new Muggy gets here! I'm glad I won the auction. I think I got a great deal!

Good times.

He's down by the river ... walking on water.

Old
  (#13)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

05.16.2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzac2 View Post
There's ALWAYS a catch!
In a lot of cases, the only catch is that some people actually think there is a catch, when in fact there is no catch at all! Some people just have no faith in anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
I'm having a hard time seeing why some people seem to think there has to be some big evil plot going on for this to be possible, or there is a "catch".
Read above.

-Chad
PM ME IF YOU HAVE THE BELOW:
VBS, CVDs, GM Single-Speed, OTB, Ultramaxxed, Super6, Strobe, Sprong, CNR Brake, UE Hex, DUH Towers, Predator, Blackbird, GA Blue Screws, HCR F/R Skids & Mutant
  Send a message via AIM to Chadworkz  
Old
  (#14)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

05.16.2010, 03:33 PM

I emailed them, and they confirmed what we already figured, they just have a large volume contract with UPS and the volume from all their different sites allows them to offer the discounts.

UPS usually isn't the best shipping option for smaller stuff, but for the larger stuff I can't see any reason why you wouldn't buy the shipping through them.

Old
  (#15)
riverat1540
RC-Monster Aluminum

05.16.2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulangflow View Post
Does that mean I get a discount on the $40 I paid for shipping?

I'm just bustin' your chops. I can't wait 'til the new Muggy gets here! I'm glad I won the auction. I think I got a great deal!

Good times.
Congratulations! sorry i get that 12 dollar discount for myself, trust me i need it,
Ill have the package to ups monday, i tried getting it out fri after you paid but it was too late, and ups had just closed.
im just glad I did i estimated the shipping pretty well, the box is 42lbs, your getting alot of good stuff with that muggy, plus ebay rapes you on fee's now and so does paypal, it cost me about a hundred bucks to list and ship the muggy, I am very happy to see it go to a member. Enjoy it man ,my loss is definitely your gain! there is a bout 1200 over the years all together in that setup when it was new. but very happy to see it stay in the rc-monster family!

Losi Muggy

medusa 36-80-2000kv
6s turnigy 30c
MMMV3
46ts/ 14-16p
spektrum radio