Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Brushless

Old
  (#16)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

08.23.2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-RUSTLER View Post
...If some of you can help me with working out how my lipo's went, it would be much appreciated. I had the LVC at 3.4v and when it hit, I just disconnected the lipo's and took a reading of voltages and all cells were around the 3.7v mark...
I assume you want to know why the LVC was set at 3.4v/cell, yet the cells were 3.7v when measured? Two reasons: 1) cell voltages will drift back up a bit when left unloaded for a few minutes, and 2) depending on how the LVC actually works, if it read a momentary 3.4v/cell voltage sag because of high acceleration urrent, it would trip the LVC even though the nominal voltage is closer to 3.7v/cell.

Nice job by the way!
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#17)
Dj_Sparky

08.23.2010, 11:04 AM

Wow, the Castle motors never cease to amaze me.

And very nice build. I love the motor protection. What kind of net/setup do you have there? I'm looking for some ideas on how to protect a motor I have

Old
  (#18)
brian015
RC-Monster Aluminum

08.23.2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
2) depending on how the LVC actually works, if it read a momentary 3.4v/cell voltage sag because of high acceleration current, it would trip the LVC even though the nominal voltage is closer to 3.7v/cell.
That's what I see with the HV ICE 160. The power will cut off under hard acceleration near the end of the pack (voltage momentarily drops below lvc setting), but will continue to supply power if I drive less aggressively. A good feature - meaning I can drive it back to my car at the end of a run, rather than carry it. Probably also good for airplanes to allow them to land - which it was designed for.

Old
  (#19)
OZ-RUSTLER
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

08.23.2010, 03:45 PM

Thanks BrianG, I had a feeling that was the deal with the cell voltages.
DJ_Sparky, I used an Outerwears Large Electric motor protector which I cut in two peices to fit on the front and the rear of the Neu. Was a real PIA to fit over but it fit allowing the fan to cool the motor.

Old
  (#20)
Ryu James
Second place is the first loser!

08.24.2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-RUSTLER View Post
Thanks BrianG, I had a feeling that was the deal with the cell voltages.
DJ_Sparky, I used an Outerwears Large Electric motor protector which I cut in two peices to fit on the front and the rear of the Neu. Was a real PIA to fit over but it fit allowing the fan to cool the motor.

what are those rubber band rings that are holding the outerwears on the motor?

Jammin SCRT10 Neu 1512 1y
Losi Ten-T SCT conversion Neu 1512 1y

Old
  (#21)
jpoprock
"Don't act like you're not impressed."

08.24.2010, 09:32 PM

Man, I love the look and size of the Baja 5t's, but I'm wondering if these vehicles are a bit more than I want to chew. I'm so comfortable with my 1/8 sized 6s MT's that I wonder if I shouldn't just enjoy those for a while, and maybe creep up in power when the new CC ICE MMM XL HV ???? comes out, and check out 8-10s?

Hopefully one day someone will come out with an awesome 4x4 baja 5t, or a cool conversion? Then again, my buddies and I are brainstorming a custom Losi XXL 1/5 scale chassis. We've already finished our custom 1/8 chassis and skids, and will soon be done with an Erevo tranny version with side battery trays!

ERBE: RCM 1/8 Hybrid Diffs, NEU 1515/2.5d/S MMM, 6S, Losi E-XXL CUSTOM, Neu1515 2.5d, MMM, 6s E-SLAYVO PRO ERevo Chassis w/ Pro 3.3 parts, NEU 1512, MMM, 4S.
  Send a message via Yahoo to jpoprock Send a message via AIM to jpoprock  
Me to.
Old
  (#22)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Me to. - 08.24.2010, 10:42 PM

yea me to. I think most of us hope to have an HPI Baja one of these days, but dumping a grand just to get started is allot to ask of anyone. Especially in todays economy. Looking at hopups and brushless conversions owning an electric 5b or 5t will cost us about $5K so we have to creep up on something like that. Good luck with dealing with your urges. We all know this is like crack for us, and we have no plans on breaking the habit. Plus there is no medication that will help ween us from this habit. Oh well.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#23)
OZ-RUSTLER
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

08.25.2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu James View Post
what are those rubber band rings that are holding the outerwears on the motor?
They are just rubber plumbing rings. On the rear of the motor I have installed a hydraulic pipe clamp that is fixed to the rear chassis for extra support.