RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Drunk driver wrecks my neighbourhood
Old
  (#1)
Freezebyte

Drunk driver wrecks my neighbourhood - 08.06.2011, 09:46 PM

Allright, heres was my event of the week, if not for the entire year. Way early Tuesday morning, around 4 A.M, I couldn't sleep in my town house apartment so I went down to the kitchen to eat something and go back to bed. My waffle had no sooner popped up from the toaster did the power go completely out and right afterwards I heard this very loud "BAAAANGGG.....BOOOOOM!!!!

"WTF was that?" I wondered, never heard that with a power outage. Grumbling that now I had no power to see to even freaking jam up my waffle, I improvised in the dark and went back upstairs to try and sleep before I had to hit the road in a few hours for work.

Got up and found the power was STILL out 3 hours later. Bitching and cussing knowing that my milk wouldn't be cold anymore and I couldn't make coffee, I grabbed all my gear and headed to the work van and when I rounded the corner I saw this, and was in utter shock.

Apparently, after talking with power company guys and several of the neighbors I got the basic story. Two VERY drunk gals had sped through the 3 way stop across from our parking area, jumped the first grassy median, missed two cars by feet in our parking lot, jumped the sidewalk, took out a transformer box, kept going and took out half our playground area, STILL kept going, took out a SECOND power transformer box and was only stopped by the large Ponderosa tree, preventing her from going through the small alleyway and hit an occupied house!!

Apparently, half the neighborhood were woken up from the sound and a few pointed flashlights out in the grassy area to see what the hell was going on and saw two girls clamoring out of a totalled sedan buried into the tree. The girls apparently freaked and one shouted out

"Get the beer, lets run and we'll call the car in stolen!"

The girls then hobbled away before someone driving by noticed the accident and then saw the girls hobbling and running way. He rushed back to inform the police he saw two very belligerant girls walking around. The cops called in backup and picked them up at the park a few blocks away

Needless to say, half the apartment complex and the other side of the block were out of power for nearly most of the day while the power company had to dig up both trenched transformers and replace damaging cabling to restore power. The playground is now off limits to the kids and my landlord is majorly pissed and I don't wanna think of how big of a bill its gonna be from the utility company. The power company guys were also NOT very happy to be doing this kinda cleanup work in the early morning. Amazingly, these girls didn't injure or kill anyone which in of itself is a miracle. One of the power guys made an ever scarier thought:

"If this had happened just a few hours earlier, there might have been kids on that playground"

When asked, another power guy said that each transformer box packs around 12,000v of AC power and is filled with mineral oil to keep it cool. He said the girls are damn lucky to be alive not only from the wreck, but not to have gotten electrocuted as the car drove over both transformers.

The police estimated she was traveling around 50-60mph to do that kinda damage and the brakes were never touched, she was that drunk, though he didn't state what her blood alchohol level was, but it had to be pretty damn high to cause all this and think walking away was a good idea, not to mention to call and file a false stolen car report.

In otherwords, if your gonna drink, use some farking common sense and get a ride home or JUST DON"T DRIVE! You make everyone's lives miserable one way another when you drive drunk

Last edited by Freezebyte; 08.06.2011 at 09:57 PM.

Old
  (#2)
What's_nitro?
Soldermaster Extraordinaire

08.06.2011, 10:16 PM

Wow. Nice wake-up call, eh?

I am faster than Buzz Lightyear.

Old
  (#3)
Finnster
KillaHurtz

08.06.2011, 10:39 PM

Ya know, getting up so early and eating when you are tired like that is not good for your health or waistline. Hunger is often mistaken for thirst.

Big ups to the tree for putting the smackdown on the car and saving the building

Old
  (#4)
FG101C
RC-Monster Aluminum

08.06.2011, 11:24 PM

A drunk "large" chick did something similar in my apartment complex one night. Heard all this noise and went outside to see she took out an entrance gate, smacked up a few cars and took out a cable box. She had to have backed up and went forward etc. to have done all that damage.

Old
  (#5)
brainanator
RC-Monster Aluminum

08.07.2011, 12:24 AM

nice! I've seen drunk kids sliding around parking lots, INTO CARS, and then they keep doing it! Cops showed up shortly later, he got a DUI, MIP, multiple hit and runs, and resisting arrest (since he ran, and the cop chased him down and tackled his face into the dirt, it was awesome).
Later in the semester he broke his leg jumping off a roof! I hated that kid...

OFNA Jammin CRT.5e, Savage Flux HP, MBX5Te, SCX10, Multirotors, foam planes
  Send a message via Yahoo to brainanator Send a message via MSN to brainanator  
Old
  (#6)
PBO
RC-Unobtainium

08.07.2011, 12:53 AM

Another couple defy Darwin! it's a numbers game, Darwin will prevail...

Had one come flying up our street (which is clearly signposted as 'no through road') late one night, so fast they couldn't make the very slight bend & they crashed into & ended up on top of a neighbours brand new Holden (Chev) ute

My neighbour dragged the idiot out of his car by his throat & kept his grip while he called the cops & only let go when they turned into our street. We were all happy to have a hold if he got tired & the drivers 'assault' complaints to the cops predictably went unnoticed by all the attending witnesses & were subsequently dismissed

Enhanced Rustler 1515 1.5 MMM
Losi 8ight-T

Last edited by PBO; 08.07.2011 at 12:54 AM.

Old
  (#7)
josh9mille
RC-Monster Aluminum

08.07.2011, 01:03 AM

Wow, some peoples kids I tell ya!

Built Ford tough, with Chevy stuff.

Old
  (#8)
Freezebyte

08.07.2011, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnster View Post
Ya know, getting up so early and eating when you are tired like that is not good for your health or waistline. Hunger is often mistaken for thirst.

I don't recall asking your opinion on what/when to eat

Old
  (#9)
What's_nitro?
Soldermaster Extraordinaire

08.07.2011, 01:41 AM

Still a bit cranky due to lack of sleep that night?

I am faster than Buzz Lightyear.

Old
  (#10)
josh9mille
RC-Monster Aluminum

08.07.2011, 02:03 AM

No, i think its his monthly visitor. Funny, seems like he is always being visited.

Built Ford tough, with Chevy stuff.

Old
  (#11)
slimthelineman
RC-Monster Aluminum

08.07.2011, 02:25 AM

That sucks. Nevermind the damage but as stated above thank god there were no kids on the playground or anyone else around for that matter. I see this alot when I'm working in the la area and it's a wonder the 12kv padmounts didn't vaporize the car. Only thing I can say was on their side was the load was small at the time they hit the padmount transformers cause when they are tapped out on load the arcs are damn near impossible to break and most of the ones I've worked on were nothing more than a burn mark and a puddle of metal. Heck I even saw one launched a half a block when it blew up without a car even hitting it. It's never the drunk drivers that get hurt, but I would expect them to get hit with the somewhere around $10-15k bill for the padmounts and crews that came and fixed it. Not to mention the other legal fees and jailtime. Not worth it at all. Sorry to hear about that but no one got hurt and now you got brand new transformers and primary cable so turn it all on at once!

Old
  (#12)
Finnster
KillaHurtz

08.07.2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBO View Post
Another couple defy Darwin! it's a numbers game, Darwin will prevail...

My neighbour dragged the idiot out of his car by his throat & kept his grip while he called the cops & only let go when they turned into our street. We were all happy to have a hold if he got tired & the drivers 'assault' complaints to the cops predictably went unnoticed by all the attending witnesses & were subsequently dismissed
aus is awesome :)

Old
  (#13)
JThiessen
RC-Monster Brushless

08.07.2011, 12:51 PM

One thing I really miss is underground wiring. We have things like this happen all year long - between cars and wind storms, we loose several transformers a year.

Nothing wrong with 4am....I get up everyday at 4.....sucks, but getting off work at 2 is sweet!

Losi 8T 1.0, Savage Flux - XL style, LST XXL, Muggy, 3.3 E-Revo Conversion and sitting outside 425hp, 831 Tq Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel. It SMOKES

Old
  (#14)
Semi Pro
RC-Monster Titanium

08.07.2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezebyte View Post
I don't recall asking your opinion on what/when to eat
hey if we are going to talk about some chicks drinking habits why not talk about your eating habits too, besides toaster waffles are triable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi Pro View Post
......maybe they want to be more like novak
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
I'm telling Patrick you said that!

Old
  (#15)
Cody.McP

08.10.2011, 02:32 AM

Aww, its a pity they didn't get shocked to death. Would have been a nice happy ending. I wish karma was real.