RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > T/E Maxx Parts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#16)
nitrostarter
RC-Monster Brushless

03.03.2015, 08:02 AM

It's been a while for me, has Traxxas addressed the subpar diffs for brushless power? Or still same old maxx diffs...

N. Rustler conversion
  Send a message via AIM to nitrostarter  
Old
  (#17)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

03.03.2015, 11:43 AM

Same old Revo/Maxx diffs - better than they used to be, but not strong enough for prolonged brushless power. Hybrid bulks and 1/8 diffs are still on the menu for serious use.

Old
  (#18)
maxxmills
RC-Monster Stock

03.04.2015, 07:26 PM

Looking good mike! Can't wait to have one sitting on the bench!

prototype
Old
  (#19)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

prototype - 03.04.2015, 07:49 PM

A couple prototype pics. Minor changes are underway, but this is the basic concept. Weight is nearly identical to the stock chassis.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vmaxxtopsmall.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	10798   Click image for larger version

Name:	vmaxx bottomsmall.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	10799  

latest pics
Old
  (#20)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

latest pics - 03.09.2015, 11:15 PM

Pretty much done and dialed in now - just gotta get them through production this week, gather hardware and work on instructions - anyone with above average literacy and writing skills interested in writing detailed instructions in exchange for a chassis? .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	vmaxxtopnewtrans.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	10800   Click image for larger version

Name:	vmaxx bottomnew.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	10801   Click image for larger version

Name:	vmaxxtopnew.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	10802  

Old
  (#21)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

03.09.2015, 11:40 PM

Some details on the chassis:

Stock length - stock chassis braces are used - or aftermarket equivalent (RDLogics silver look good, for example). I may offer braces in the future as well.

Components are positioned in their stock locations pretty much exactly, allowing a direct, trouble free swap. If you have center cvds already, they still work. Servos will drop right in directly, along with everything else(2 speed kit excluded presently - if I get enough requests, I should be able to make a 2 speed install kit). The stock body will be a direct fit without modifications.

Transmission mounts are removable - the separate, bolt-in tranny mounts locate the transmission exactly where it is on the stock truck, allowing use of the stock center skid, stock center sliders or center cvds(anything designed for stock chassis will fit). Removal of mounts allows plenty of room for a center diff (up to around 52 tooth if needed and depending on placement) - I will offer a center diff install kit of some sort in the near future(maybe a Slipperential transmission?).

Main chassis is made from 1/4" 6061-T651 aluminum. The machined plastic battery trays locate the battery packs below the top deck - the bottom of the tray is even with the bottom of the chassis braces, so maximum total ground clearance is unchanged, while center of gravity is significantly lower than stock(or any other chassis that retains stock center ground clearance, particularly with a center diff, as the motor/transmission is the highest part by far. The battery trays secure to the chassis using 4 M4 screws in each tray - solid setup. This also allows for custom battery tray configurations, such as standing the packs up and moving them in towards the center. The packs are secured using a 20" strap through the tray holding the pack along its length. Several cutouts allow use of the strap to position the pack forward or rearward, as well as take up extra strap length if using smaller straps. The tray pockets are approximately 49mm wide and 176.5mm long, allowing use of a wide variety of packs.

ESC can be located in multiple locations - near the rear like stock, slightly forward of the stock location(closer to tranny), and in the stock rx box location(this may be ideal for center diff installs, for example, or ERevo style motor mounting.).

Total weight ended up about 1 oz over the stock chassis weight, with all like components installed(battery holders on stock chassis, trays, screws and straps on my chassis) - the Cg is very significantly lower, so handling will be notably improved, while retaining the stock center ground clearance and Maxx personality - this chassis retains the Monster Truck attitude, while improving durability, handling, and looks and pure style!

Last edited by RC-Monster Mike; 03.09.2015 at 11:47 PM.

Old
  (#22)
Arct1k
RC-Monster Mod

03.10.2015, 07:03 AM

Mike happy to do it for you as before (no need of chassis) or if someone wants to write words and provide pictures I'll format and pdf. .

Old
  (#23)
nitrostarter
RC-Monster Brushless

03.10.2015, 07:42 AM

Solid looking chassis there! And great info as well. I'm not the best writer nor have a Emaxx on hand to do the write up tho. But I do think I'll purchase one for later use.

Any thoughts on a gorillamaxx style lower plate? :)

N. Rustler conversion
  Send a message via AIM to nitrostarter  
Old
  (#24)
NZ Monstermaxx
RC-Monster Stock

03.10.2015, 02:54 PM

Hi,

I can help out with write up if need be mike. Let me know if you need a hand.. I messaged you on Centralemaxx as well.

Offshore3ft@yahoo.co.nz

Last edited by NZ Monstermaxx; 03.10.2015 at 03:00 PM.

Old
  (#25)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

03.10.2015, 10:17 PM

Nitro starter he said he was going to do an extended truggy style chassis. Meaning not like a g-maxx more like a truggy which is better imho.

Old
  (#26)
KiKiMaX
RC-Monster Stock

03.10.2015, 11:00 PM

Nice work Mike. I will buy one for sure and build with my RCM universal mount. :)

Too bad, I'm not good in English. I'm testing a lot of parts for the some creators.

Alexis C.

Last edited by KiKiMaX; 03.10.2015 at 11:14 PM.

almost ready!
Old
  (#27)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

almost ready! - 03.11.2015, 11:45 AM

got some work done yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	vmaxxchassis.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	10803   Click image for larger version

Name:	vmaxxbattrays.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	10804  

Old
  (#28)
KiKiMaX
RC-Monster Stock

03.11.2015, 08:58 PM

Awesome can't wait ;)

Old
  (#29)
ta_man
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.11.2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Monster Mike View Post
got some work done yesterday.
Those battery boxes look nice. Are they adaptable to other uses? Could you tell us internal and external dimensions and mounting point configuration?

Old
  (#30)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

03.12.2015, 01:56 PM

The battery boxes are specific to the chassis, but could certainly bolt to any structure that has adequate mounting surface area. Internal dimensions are 49.4mm wide by 175mm long - external total dimensions are 55mm wide and 193mm long(approximate). There are 4 through holes to allow an M4 flat head screw to pass through and thread into the chassis - 2 centered on the ends and to on the inside edge of the ends(2 centers only would likely be adequate). The trays weigh 1.8oz each(machined from 10+ oz block) or 2 oz with the strap. They finish to .825" total height.