Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Crawlers/Scale Vehicles

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Life changes
Old
  (#151)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Life changes - 08.18.2014, 01:52 PM

hey James. How's the little one doing? how's family life in general? We have had a few life changes of our own around here as well. We just moved from Prague to Virginia, and we now only have two teenagers left at home (15 & 18). I have been a bit preoccupied with the move and trying to get our new home setup, & trying to find new employment, but in a few months time I should be able to get back into playing with my toys once again. I am currently finishing out the garage of this house for the owner, and should have a shop of some kind soon. Not sure how extreme I will be able to get with this one just yet. I have to wait and see what kind of discretionary income I end up with when I get back to work. Have to pay the bills, but our standard of living has definitely changed for the better for sure. Living stateside again is a nice change after many years abroad. I haven't gotten in here as much as I use to simply because the subject matter has gotten kind of stale for the most part. The latest RTR LiPo powered vehicles have gotten so good that there is no where near as much modifying going on anymore. The home made and custom CNC stuff is where the fun is IMHO. Haven't seen TD57 aka Sean around in years either. Life changes things. Good to see you home again sir.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#152)
nitrostarter
RC-Monster Brushless

03.03.2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincpimp View Post
Necro thread!!!

I missed the last few posts for 2 yrs!! Nice to see you guys (at least Jerry) think so highly of me.

Well I am in full tilt hobby room makeover. Moving everything around and I found the 6x6 maxx in pieces. Decided it needed to have a new maxx 2speed wide ratio trans and possibly a dual outrunner power setup. So I spent the last few hours digging thru my parts and have found most of a new emaxx trans. Ordered a 2 speed kit off amazon, 35 bucks shipped, I remember rc being more expensive??? Maybe I just have a different view of money since the gun hobby hit full tilt. Dropping a few stacks on a custom gun build was not unusual.

Anyways, I will get some pics up. Might have to make/modify the front chassis to fit the new emaxx tans. I may just make an adapter plate so I can use the BBP chassis and braces. That is next on my list to do.

I will be honest I miss the research and brainstorming we all did here. I look back and fooling with rc seemed to happen in a simpler part of my life, and I would like to go back to that!!! My daughter is 3.5 now and is a lot less stressful so I seem to have more time.

Pull I have some cool new tools I am sure you will all want to see. Stay tuned!

I must have missed the cool new tools and the finished 6x6 product?

N. Rustler conversion
  Send a message via AIM to nitrostarter  
Old
  (#153)
nitrostarter
RC-Monster Brushless

06.19.2016, 09:38 AM

James???? Can you hear me now?

N. Rustler conversion
Old
  (#154)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

07.05.2016, 04:21 PM

I am here Cory... Where are you?

Old
  (#155)
nitrostarter
RC-Monster Brushless

07.06.2016, 07:51 AM

Here, waiting, patiently...

N. Rustler conversion
Old
  (#156)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

08.22.2016, 10:53 AM

What are you wearing?

Old
  (#157)
nitrostarter
RC-Monster Brushless

09.21.2016, 01:06 AM

Khakis...

N. Rustler conversion
Old
  (#158)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....

09.22.2016, 06:21 AM

She sounds hideous

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Old
  (#159)
nitrostarter
RC-Monster Brushless

09.22.2016, 12:41 PM

well she's a guy, so...

N. Rustler conversion
Old
  (#160)
nitrostarter
RC-Monster Brushless

10.13.2016, 11:13 AM

Will this 6x6 ever get finished? I can come take it off your hands and get it working...

N. Rustler conversion
Old
  (#161)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

06.05.2017, 12:17 PM

I actually decided to finish up all of my rc projects. Better late than never... Actually, I just sold the house that I put up for sale 22 months ago... Yay. And I have a new buddy who loves rc as much as I used to, so he has me working on his cars and I figured I would have to get my stuff rolling again.

Old
  (#162)
nitrostarter
RC-Monster Brushless

06.21.2017, 09:56 AM

Let's see some pics of all these projects!

N. Rustler conversion
Old
  (#163)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

06.21.2017, 12:27 PM

Ok, here are 2 of the Tamiay kits I built last week.

The FWD is a M-05. Bought the kit to use the Mazda 2 body for my daughters build, it will be done on my old M-03 chassis! Brushed of course and I may get her some stick packs and a wall charger eventually if she takes to it and wants to run unsupervised. Will likely be lipo for now. The xl5 has a lipo cutoff and I have a few well worn 2200mah 2s packs. There will be a build thread showcasing that as well as a new M-03 chassis build for my enjoyment!

The 4wd with the larger tires is a newer Tamiya M chassis kit. It is built alot like a TL-01 if anyone happens to be familiar with those. Gear diffs with plenty of meat, steel shaft drive. I put bearings in place of all of the bushings that come with the kits. I really like the M chassis kits, smaller scale that a std 10th electric. The 4wd with the sport tuned brushed motor is surprisingly quick, the xl5 and 5000mah 2s lipo likely have a lot to do with that.

Both of these kits will ave brushless motors, as these newer tamiya kits come with a sensored brushless/brushed controller! 60amp max, and the manual states a 13.5t motor limit. They do say with added fan cooling and lower gearing that a 10.5t motor can be used. Tamiya sell their own sensored brushless motors, but they are as high as giraffe butthole, so I have a 13.5t and a 17.5t coming from ebay. The 17.5t will go in the 4wd and the 13.5 will go in the FWD. I will report back with a dedicated thread on those when the motors arrive.