Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Revo

RC-Monster Mike so what's the plan?
Old
  (#1)
re-hooked
RC-Monster Stock

RC-Monster Mike so what's the plan? - 11.01.2015, 09:06 AM

Howdy Mike -

So what is the barrier to another run of Hybrid Revo Diffs? I'd purchase at least 3 sets for myself and there are few other members looking for these elusive components.

Holidays are coming....why not make a young man smile!

Re-Hooked

Old
  (#2)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

11.10.2015, 05:00 PM

Honestly, I was never completely happy with them, due to the inherent limitations in the Traxxas design(not enough room in the bulks for properly sized pinion bearings that can take the abuse). I have a V4 about 90% designed, but haven't completed them due this very thing - a hybrid bulk would be better(though costly).

Old
  (#3)
re-hooked
RC-Monster Stock

11.12.2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Monster Mike View Post
Honestly, I was never completely happy with them, due to the inherent limitations in the Traxxas design(not enough room in the bulks for properly sized pinion bearings that can take the abuse). I have a V4 about 90% designed, but haven't completed them due this very thing - a hybrid bulk would be better(though costly).
So...I have 3 fully built Revos now. And truth be told I probably should not call them "Revos". The only stock part on any of them is the screws and bulk heads. Everything else is a custom part. That said...what do you mean by "Costly"? I'm more than 5K or 6K into this hobby...and don't think I'm going to stop any time soon.

What if you based them off of the LST diffs and casing?

Old
  (#4)
re-hooked
RC-Monster Stock

11.17.2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
.... back to my original question...what would you need to commit to a production date - for the hybrid diffs? Seems there is more than a fair amount of interest.

Would taking a pre-payment or maybe a partial payment (balance due before shipped) help bring this product back to life?

Last edited by re-hooked; 11.17.2015 at 03:48 PM.

Old
  (#5)
Mr E-Maxx
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.10.2015, 06:13 PM

Hey Mike,

Will you start again with Revo Parts if your ready with the Maxx line?
I would like to see some Hybrid Diffs or Bulks and a V-Revo Chassis with LCG.

Old
  (#6)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

11.10.2015, 06:17 PM

I have a V-Revo chassis concept largely worked out in my brain, but haven't got it drawn up yet - likely very soon, though. Lots of stuff rolling around in my head - just not enough time in a day!

Old
  (#7)
Mr E-Maxx
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.11.2015, 04:33 PM

If you made a Set of Diff/Bulks and a Chassis I will buy one maybe tow.
Every time when I saw a G3R I like to hit myself. I had the chance to buy one but I was to stupid.

Old
  (#8)
re-hooked
RC-Monster Stock

11.12.2015, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E-Maxx View Post
If you made a Set of Diff/Bulks and a Chassis I will buy one maybe tow.
Every time when I saw a G3R I like to hit myself. I had the chance to buy one but I was to stupid.
Ditto...I'd buy 2 or 3 as well. Nitro/Lipo chassis diffs and bulks would all work. Power source matters not.

Old
  (#9)
phildogg
RC-Monster Aluminum

11.11.2015, 08:53 PM

A revo chassis would be sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1g...MR6SqQkehkevwA
my youtube channel
  Send a message via Yahoo to phildogg Send a message via AIM to phildogg  
Old
  (#10)
re-hooked
RC-Monster Stock

11.12.2015, 07:03 PM

what's a V-Revo?

Old
  (#11)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

11.12.2015, 07:47 PM

LST diff cases require bulkhead modification - the ONLY way to get a 16mm pinion bearing into a Revo would be to modify the bulks(or make a new bulk with ample room).

A V-Revo would be an RC-Monster Victory series chassis for the ERevo, much like the V-Maxx chassis. :-)

Old
  (#12)
re-hooked
RC-Monster Stock

11.13.2015, 02:18 AM

Quote:
LST diff cases require bulkhead modification - the ONLY way to get a 16mm pinion bearing into a Revo would be to modify the bulks(or make a new bulk with ample room).

A V-Revo would be an RC-Monster Victory series chassis for the ERevo, much like the V-Maxx chassis. :-)
V-Revo gotcha...so want I need is a BV-Revo (modified chassis for Big Block Victory Nitro engine series chassis). If there is a way to allow a BB to be mounted rear center on a chassis I think that would be sweet?

Whatchathinkofdabe

Last edited by re-hooked; 11.13.2015 at 08:03 PM.

Old
  (#13)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

11.13.2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by re-hooked View Post
V-Revo gotcha...so want need a BV-Revo (modified chassis for Big Block Victory Nitro engine series chassis). If there is a way to allow a BB to BE mounted dead center on a chassis I think that would be sweet?

Whatchathinkofdat?
Are you suggesting a nitro big block revo with a center diff? A center-mounted motor would raise the motor an inch +/- from the stock location(higher cg) unless the diff was offset, so probably not as effective as it sounds.

Old
  (#14)
re-hooked
RC-Monster Stock

11.13.2015, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Are you suggesting a nitro big block Revo with a center diff? A center-mounted motor would raise the motor an inch +/- from the stock location(higher cg) unless the diff was offset, so probably not as effective as it sounds.
Yes I was....I was thinking about two separate "possible" designs.

1. Center mounted BB engine with RAISED or elevated transmission case. Transmission case mounted in the same location. Here my thought was that BB would be able to engage the Spur gear on the right hand side rather than the left like it does today. Raising the transmission would allow the engine to remain low. The center drive shafts would need to be longer but there are plenty to choose from.

Or

2. Center mounted BB engine with a double-decker chassis. Completely redesigned chassis - I guess more like a truggy chassis (maybe I should just buy a truggy) LOL....

But I seem to recall toying with the idea of flipping the chassis over and trying to mount all the gear back onto it but with the engine centered. Didn't get very far with this idea but it's still with me.

Last edited by re-hooked; 11.13.2015 at 08:05 PM.

Old
  (#15)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

11.13.2015, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by re-hooked View Post
Yes I was....I was thinking about two separate "possible" designs.

1. Center mounted BB engine with RAISED or elevated transmission case. Transmission case mounted in the same location. Here my thought was that BB would be engage the Spur gear on the right hand side rather than the left like it does today. Raising the transmission would allow the engine to remain low. The center drive shafts would need to be longer but there are plenty to choose from.

Or

2. Center mounted BB engine with a double-decker chassis. Completely redesigned chassis - I guess more like a truggy chassis (maybe I should just buy a truggy) LOL....

But I seem to recall toying with the idea of flipping the chassis over and trying to mount all the gear back onto it but with the engine centered. Didn't get very far...with this idea but it's still with me.
Option 1 seems like the rear-center shaft would have to pass through the engine - don't see it happening. Any option that has a centered motor will have this challenge(which is why Losi offset their rear diff on their 8 lineup - to get the motor closer to the center, though this creates other problems(extreme angle on front-center shaft leading to high wear and heat).

Now, a truggy chassis that uses a Revo suspension setup would be nifty.