Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Revo

Old
  (#16)
re-hooked
RC-Monster Stock

11.13.2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Monster Mike View Post
Option 1 seems like the rear-center shaft would have to pass through the engine - don't see it happening. Any option that has a centered motor will have this challenge(which is why Losi offset their rear diff on their 8 lineup - to get the motor closer to the center, though this creates other problems(extreme angle on front-center shaft leading to high wear and heat).

Now, a truggy chassis that uses a Revo suspension setup would be nifty.
Hey.....I really like the thought of this. SO if you did that would you do something better for the diffs\bulkheads? The Truggy chassis with Revo suspension would open provide new options for larger spur gears right?

Fabricating something that allows the front/rear bulk heads and rockers to connect to is all that is needed. The same design could be used on the front and rear.

I think it's a good idea...

Last edited by re-hooked; 11.14.2015 at 12:09 AM.

Old
  (#17)
Mr E-Maxx
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.14.2015, 02:55 PM

Very nice Idea! If we can use this chassis with BL and Nitro it would be perfect. I think than it will be possible to use a normal Start-Box with a Revo.

Old
  (#18)
re-hooked
RC-Monster Stock

11.17.2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Honestly, I was never completely happy with them, due to the inherent limitations in the Traxxas design(not enough room in the bulks for properly sized pinion bearings that can take the abuse). I have a V4 about 90% designed, but haven't completed them due this very thing - a hybrid bulk would be better(though costly).
.... back to my original question...what would you need to commit to a production date - for the hybrid diffs? Seems there is more than a fair amount of interest.

Would taking a pre-payment or maybe a partial payment (balance due before shipped) help bring this product back to life?

Last edited by re-hooked; 11.17.2015 at 03:48 PM.

Old
  (#19)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

11.19.2015, 06:16 PM

The biggest thing I need is time in all honesty - I understand there is a need and desire for the product and would like to offer it again at some point.

Old
  (#20)
Arct1k
RC-Monster Mod

11.20.2015, 12:03 AM

A brushless revo without hybrid diffs is a shelf queen / in pieces.

Without them I'd have to get a maxx

Old
  (#21)
re-hooked
RC-Monster Stock

11.22.2015, 10:01 PM

Quote:
The biggest thing I need is time in all honesty - I understand there is a need and desire for the product and would like to offer it again at some point.
Hey Mike -

I don't know your back story...are you a machinist full-time? Is RC-Monster a side gig for you? We all find a way to make time for things we deem important or fun. It would be nice to know if we are holding out for the long run or could expect to see the diffs up for sale in 1 or 2 months. Either way I've got nothing but time (See what I did there?)

Now the Revo chassis we were discussing - that has some real promise. Especially, if you could design it in such a way that most big blocks would "fit".

Re-Hooked....

Old
  (#22)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

11.23.2015, 03:17 PM

I am technically from a business/management background, but have been "The Monster" exclusively for 10+ years. My machinist skills are self-taught - I was a hobbyist for years before I started RC-Monster(initially the thought was to hopefully fund my obsession with the hobby, but it ultimately became my way of life). I have always preferred electric power and started out importing brushless motors(Lehner, Hacker, Feigao, etc.) and controllers(MGM, BK Electronics, Quark) - mostly for the Maxx trucks, which were hugely popular at the time. Castle Creations was relatively new and did not offer any car/truck systems at the time - Novak was the only "car" game in the US, but they didn't have any 1/8 sized systems(still not much in this size from Novak). From there, I was picked up(sponsored) by GorillaMaxx and raced a fair amount and helped develop the brand. I started selling parts in addition to motors and escs(Integy, RDLogics, GorillaMaxx, FastLane Machine, Unlimited Engineering, etc.) around this time as well. When GorillaMaxx was transitioning from the G2 to the G3 line, there was about 3 months when there were no "Gorilla" parts available - GorillaMaxx parts accounted for over 20% of my gross sales at the time, so I started to develop my own parts to insulate myself(and supplied GorillaMaxx some shafts, etc. as well). Over the years, my parts offerings and machinist skills have grown - my strength is more on the creative/idea side in reality.

Last edited by RC-Monster Mike; 11.24.2015 at 11:32 AM.

Old
  (#23)
re-hooked
RC-Monster Stock

Angry 11.25.2015, 01:13 AM

Quote:
I am technically from a business/management background, but have been "The Monster" exclusively for 10+ years. My machinist skills are self-taught - I was a hobbyist for years before I started RC-Monster(initially the thought was to hopefully fund my obsession with the hobby, but it ultimately became my way of life). I have always preferred electric power and started out importing brushless motors(Lehner, Hacker, Feigao, etc.) and controllers(MGM, BK Electronics, Quark) - mostly for the Maxx trucks, which were hugely popular at the time. Castle Creations was relatively new and did not offer any car/truck systems at the time - Novak was the only "car" game in the US, but they didn't have any 1/8 sized systems(still not much in this size from Novak). From there, I was picked up(sponsored) by GorillaMaxx and raced a fair amount and helped develop the brand. I started selling parts in addition to motors and escs(Integy, RDLogics, GorillaMaxx, FastLane Machine, Unlimited Engineering, etc.) around this time as well. When GorillaMaxx was transitioning from the G2 to the G3 line, there was about 3 months when there were no "Gorilla" parts available - GorillaMaxx parts accounted for over 20% of my gross sales at the time, so I started to develop my own parts to insulate myself(and supplied GorillaMaxx some shafts, etc. as well). Over the years, my parts offerings and machinist skills have grown - my strength is more on the creative/idea side in reality.
Great Stuff Mike C. I found a few articles out there about you (The internet just doesn't let stuff die) I hope you finally got over the lost of your dog - JK. I get it...electric power is "instant on" but I can't get past the "sound of it". For me, nitro is just so much more fun. Yep there is a fair amount of frustration as well but anything worth learning/mastering does not come easy.

You are fairly crafty at not committing to a Hybrid Diff timeline. So I'll wait and hope I don't miss them when they are available. I really hoping a Revo chassis built for a big block would see the light of day. - Oh well....

Last edited by re-hooked; 11.25.2015 at 01:16 AM.

Old
  (#24)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

11.25.2015, 01:07 PM

LOL - I haven't had a dog since I was a kid - love dogs, though! The sound of nitro definitely has a "cool factor" that draws a crowd and gets the adrenaline pumping - I prefer the instant power and low maintenance of electricity, but I get nitro, too - raced nitro along with electric for years and loved every minute of it(aside from the nitro mess). Nitro tends to annoy the neighbors as well.

I think diffs must happen before a big block chassis - there was a big block conversion for the Revo trucks available years ago - not sure if it still is, though. Big block T-Maxxes used to be the rage a decade or so ago, which ultimately led to hybrid bulks and ultimately led to what we now call truggies.

Old
  (#25)
re-hooked
RC-Monster Stock

12.06.2015, 12:30 AM

Hey Mike -

I think these photos capture the REVO-TRUGGY you were talking about. What do you think? Not my work but I almost bought it.

Rehooked...

Old
  (#26)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

12.06.2015, 01:51 PM

Looks like the proper concept(though looks like a mock-up rather than a build).

Old
  (#27)
ruudxd
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

12.06.2015, 04:33 PM

Offtopic, but man those flextec arms look awesome!

Old
  (#28)
re-hooked
RC-Monster Stock

12.06.2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruudxd View Post
Offtopic, but man those flextec arms look awesome!
I agree...that was the primary reason I was trying to buy this unit. Been trying to get my hands on a set of these for almost 4 years. The moment I do...off to a anodizing shop they will go (Can titanium be anodized?). Bright orange or Blueish green I think would look proper.

Rehooked...

Old
  (#29)
Lizard
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

12.07.2015, 11:26 AM

What? Anodizing titanium? That would be a sin to me :)

Old
  (#30)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

12.07.2015, 11:42 AM

It cannot be anodized the same way aluminum is. You can change the color with both heat and electric current. Those are two different methods.