Other - Let me know what it is 4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Best Bashing Tire for a Revo
Old
  (#1)
E-Revonut
RC-Monster RC8T

Best Bashing Tire for a Revo - 11.16.2008, 07:37 PM

As The title says I'm looking for justified opinions on the best tire to bash with on a Revo. Don't just say a certain tire is the best. Tell me why you think it's the best, what surfaces it excels on and what surfaces it's so so on. I have run the Traxxas Talons and they do pretty good, Maxx Chevrons which I wasn't impressed with but they look cool and and def do good in snow, and Badlands which are great except on blacktop or concrete. I'm considering proline mashers but would like to see if Talons could be mounted on LPR rims so I could run my 17mm hexes with them.

RC-Monster RC8T 1515 2.5D/MMM/5s RC-M 4500mah
SC10 MMPro 13.5T 2s NeuEnery 5000mah
RC18T Mamba 25/5400kv 2s lipo + 6s NiMh

Old
  (#2)
magman
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

11.16.2008, 07:49 PM

I have mashers on my Maxx. They are v/good in a wide variety of surfaces. I have run them on pavement, grass, soft sand w/good results. Best all around tire that I have found IMO. In fact, I am trying to get rid of my Maxx Bowties that I do not use any more.

1. MBX-6 T8 1900KV, RX8 ON 4S
2. MBX-5T 1520, MMM ON 5S
3. MBX-5 ONROAD CONVERSION 1515, MMM ON 5S
4. MRX-3 ON ROAD CONVERSION 1512, MMM ON 6S
5. TEN T 2650 T8, MMP ON 3S

Last edited by magman; 11.16.2008 at 07:52 PM.

Old
  (#3)
George16
Supermaxx

11.16.2008, 09:05 PM

I like the badlands for bashing.

Castle Neu 1520 on 6S LiPo Powered Gmaxx (Nitro Killer)
Predator with OS .21TM
Supermaxx with Mach .26
Revo with OS .18TZ
Kyosho ST-RR Conversion
Ofna CR with Tekin ESC/Motor (2)

Old
  (#4)
E-Revonut
RC-Monster RC8T

11.16.2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magman View Post
I have mashers on my Maxx. They are v/good in a wide variety of surfaces. I have run them on pavement, grass, soft sand w/good results. Best all around tire that I have found IMO. In fact, I am trying to get rid of my Maxx Bowties that I do not use any more.
How are the mashers at higher speeds, like 40MPH? Do they balloon a lot? Badlands seem to be the most liked so far. I already have a set of them and they are great on dirt, grass, etc but IMO they suck on the street! A lot of my running is on blacktop parking lots but from my experience road tires suck for my uses. As soon as you hit a little gravel they offer no traction. I started this pole partly to help me decide what to do but also so any noobs can see our choices.

Old
  (#5)
magman
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

11.16.2008, 10:17 PM

The mashers for me seem no to balloon as much as others. The fastest I had the truck was 35 tops....so not that much ballooning at all

1. MBX-6 T8 1900KV, RX8 ON 4S
2. MBX-5T 1520, MMM ON 5S
3. MBX-5 ONROAD CONVERSION 1515, MMM ON 5S
4. MRX-3 ON ROAD CONVERSION 1512, MMM ON 6S
5. TEN T 2650 T8, MMP ON 3S

Old
  (#6)
Arct1k
RC-Monster Mod

11.16.2008, 10:18 PM

I voted for the badlands but am now running the stock bones from my hyper ST and loving them...

Old
  (#7)
ajb1205
RC-Monster Stock

11.17.2008, 12:17 PM

I have 2 sets of badlands (one on MT size dish rims and another stretched onto LPR rims) and will be trying out the Mashers as my "winter" tires.

Revo 3.3
E-Revo
Stampede XL5
BL RC18T

Old
  (#8)
david lamontagn

11.17.2008, 03:34 PM

For me i prefer the MULSHERS on full offset wheel.
Hook up very weel on any surface, but wear fast

Old
  (#9)
Finnster
KillaHurtz

11.19.2008, 02:04 PM

For an everywhere tire I really like the mashers. They do balloon tho. See my utube vids for examples.

The nice thing is that there is not a surface they are bad on. Literally drive them everywhere. Now, if I was doing all off-road, I would get badlands I think, but from driving to grass to street to dirt, the mashers really can't be beat. Mine are two years old now, been on 3 diff trucks, and are just now finally wore out.

Old
  (#10)
blueb8llz
RC-Monster Aluminum

11.19.2008, 07:54 PM

there was a person that tried most of the popular choices. and he says the proline mulchers are the best! i trust his opinion, ive seen pictures of all the tires he has.
losi zombie maxx are good also. those are the ones i own. love em.

Old
  (#11)
brushlessboy16
Im not dark, Im over ripened! xD

11.19.2008, 08:09 PM

I voted badlands- wore very slow, lots of grip and just look insane :D

Benjamin White
R/c Monster Team Driver
Jq the car, LST, Sportweks turmoil pro
Unconventional Techniques, Superior Results
  Send a message via Yahoo to brushlessboy16 Send a message via AIM to brushlessboy16 Send a message via MSN to brushlessboy16 Send a message via Skype™ to brushlessboy16 
Old
  (#12)
Gee
A Horse's Ass

11.19.2008, 08:41 PM

I voted for the M2K's for all around bashing pavement, grass, dirts, snow, etc.

I've tried on a few different tires and I would have to say the best all around tire IMO is the M2Ks. As said before they work great all kinds of terrain. They have some give and unless your talking about 40's they are fairly light and seem pretty forgiving on asphalt. Don't get the rollovers like the Badlands or cheverons. Run smoother on the asphalt. Flip them around for winter and forget about chaining up the 4wd. Stay away from the knock offs. They will do the job but don't last as long. Sidewalls for one will give out on you and start ripping in my experience.

For ripping it up in the dirt I like the badlands. I haven't tried them out in the snow yet to see how they do. They definatly give you some traction in the soft dirt. They aren't that great on asphalt. That was already mentioned.

I use a Panther tire on the truggy. It's a lot like the mulcher tire. I think they are called Meat Grinders. If I needed to buy a set of replacements for them I don't think I would buy them again. I would go M2k or Badlands. They seem to hook up well and don't overbite on the ashpalt. The panthers just seem a bit softer and well I didn't do the best job taping or glueing them on the rims. I guess I am a little bias on them due to messing up the install.

I was suprised at how well the talons did last year in the snow. Mounted backwards they did really well on the 4wds. I think they are crap on two wheel drive setups though. I like to run them once in a while. Mainly due to they were the preglued tires and they are still pretty well balanced. Gives you some traction but also lets you do the powerslides and not a bunch of tire hop at high speeds.

I removed the sharp edge on all the stock cheverons that I had. Used the scroll saw to take the bite off. I think it improved the preformance at high speeds and on high traction surfaces.

A good tape job should take care of most of you ballooning on any of these tires. Use the best tape you can buy to do it. Once the tires are glued it a pia to get the tires back off cuz the duct tape you used didn't stick for long. All the tape bunches up and you got one hell of a lopsided tire. I used to cut a strip of roof patch and use it to help reinforce the tape. Worked well but they have some better tape out now that resists stretching pretty well.

I went through a tire phase there for a while. Still have to fight back the urge when I am at the LHS to buy a different set to just try out. I didn't have any luck with the IMEX tires or there rims. Will not buy them again.

Old
  (#13)
E-Revonut
RC-Monster RC8T

11.19.2008, 09:10 PM

Well I guess the picture says it all! U like tires! I think I'm gonna order a set of mashers. After going to the LHS I have determined that Talons will fit on 40series rims so thats a possibility too. Since I have an extra set of beadlocks already though I guess it'll be the mashers for now!

Old
  (#14)
Gee
A Horse's Ass

11.19.2008, 09:20 PM

Yeah, suppose I do. That picture was the first time they were all organized and it been the last time to. They are all over back there now. What bead locks are you using? I've been thinking about a set for the MT's.

Old
  (#15)
E-Revonut
RC-Monster RC8T

11.19.2008, 09:39 PM

Maximizer beadlocks. I have 2 pair, both are 17mm, 1 pair is 1/2 offset and the other isn't. They can be a PITA but there's no glue to let go!