RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > HPI Savage

 
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Manneīs Flux bash build
Old
  (#1)
Manne
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Offline
Posts: 163
Join Date: Mar 2010
Manneīs Flux bash build - 04.18.2011, 07:27 AM

Well, I have built a bash revo, modified trough the roof And now Iīm stepping up, leaving Traxxas and building a little Hpi monster instead

First of all I took a look at the weakpoints of the flux, this is what I came up with:

*Gearbox - HD gears is okay but not good enough in the long term.

*Rear tierods/knuckles - If you donīt break the knuckle you break the "tab" of the bulkhead.

*Chassis - can you say candycane?

*Hexes - I personaly canīt stand with those 17mm hexes, rims breaking all the time and I keep stripping the hexshape in the wheels.

*Internal gears in the diffs are to weak and doesnīt have enough shims from factory.

*The screws to the bumpers breaks sometimes and you canīt get them out.

*The upper hingepin retainers arenīt doing their job very well.

*The hingepin braces are too weak.

And worst of all, as Mc once said, itīs a big fat pig, and I donīt like that

So, I started to ask around on ebay if any seller that are deassembling new fluxes and parting them out were willing to remove the parts I didnīt want and just ship me a "roller". My request were answered by the seller Integrajspec.

This was the parts I didnīt want:

*No Esc.
*No reciever.
*No gearbox.
*No knuckles/steeringblocks ( the whole assembly out on the end of the a-arm).
*No bulheads.
*No wheels/tires.

Everything went smooth and my package arrived, I started to do some mokeups to see how I wanted things, so I ended up ditching the radio box and the whole motormount/plate assembly.

And I couldnīt find any site that had Goldenhorizons aluminum bulkheads in stock but I was lucky and accidently got some stock bulkheads from the guy I bought the roller from so that will have to do for now, I also ended up buying plastic knuckles for the front and Rear tie rod eliminators for the rear.

All the stuff:


I started with the diff shimming, I used four 0.1 shims ( like it came from factory ) under each small internal gear:



And then Iīm using one 0.2 shim under one of the big internal gears and no gasket between the ringgear and the diffcup:



I will later on change to using the gasket and one 0.2 shim under each big internal gear.

Then I started with the project to get this little bugger in:



This was the first mokeup:



   
Reply With Quote
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



RC Monster




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com