RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > HPI Savage

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#31)
thzero
RC-Monster Aluminum

02.25.2011, 09:29 PM

Um, bashcatrc? Never heard of it... :| Only a brief hit on orgamikids or something like that for some braces. If a product was really visible in the market then yeah, maybe.

As far as the copying the TCS Crawlers 5T... not really. All they are is a stretched set of Flux TVPs. Its not like they put tons of engineering effort into it, say more like the forward tranny design from FLM.

Personally if he was here in the States, or I suppose me in Europe, I'd send some stuff his way because he has a CNC machine, is willing to do the work, doesn't seem to want to charge and arm and a leg (or over engineer it) and he seems a bit more responsive than some folks around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsnuggles View Post
actually he is a copy cat. he just copyed my product, bashcatrc bulkhead braces, he just made some tweaks to the design. one piece was even a direct copy, but i got him to change the design enough so that it would not be mistaken as mine.

it really sucks to have worked hard on coming up with solutions for problems that the original design has, and having some guy with a cnc machine ripping your design off.

just wanted to let you know what this guy is all about.

Old
  (#32)
mothman
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.25.2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsnuggles View Post
actually he is a copy cat. he just copyed my product, bashcatrc bulkhead braces, he just made some tweaks to the design. one piece was even a direct copy, but i got him to change the design enough so that it would not be mistaken as mine.

it really sucks to have worked hard on coming up with solutions for problems that the original design has, and having some guy with a cnc machine ripping your design off.

just wanted to let you know what this guy is all about.
Mrsnuggles, I have your bashcat brace and I love it. But going around telling people he is a copy cat wont make your products any better. FYI, years before you come up with that brace there were already people who were using double brace on their savage, almost identical to your design. He MIGHT have got the idea after looking at your brace but he improved the design and used better, lighter material, 7075.
And your design is not patented either.. you cant claim that its your design though. Perhaps you could come out with a better design to outperform his? And I would love to get that from you.
  Send a message via Yahoo to mothman Send a message via AIM to mothman Send a message via MSN to mothman  
Old
  (#33)
Knez
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.26.2011, 09:59 AM

Well nobody likes competitors...
If he makes a particular part for flux and that part cant be made in 10 diferent ways...i really dont know how u can call him copy cat.
But anyway..all i care for is low price and good quality products!
Alza racing is all about that and more...i have most of the parts made by him and i can say he is got top noch RC parts and price is great!!!!
Personaly i will buy everthing possible form him as he really lisens to customers wishes and he always tries to realize them in a short as possible time and from a very good and strong material!
Also remember..he is not cutting only savage parts but a lot more other stuff!
And yes, finally we in EU got a nice RC shop wich will not take ur every penny to cut you something. Alza racing is a GooD company and he is a good guy!!! Many people are more than impressed with hes stuff.

If someone cuts cheaper and makes even better and stronger parts isnt that a good thing?

I personally never hear of any bashcatRC...never.
But i heard of alza racing, gcm racing, RC Monster and so on. As they have internet site where u can actually find products and buy them.

And to do a small update.. here a video from yesterday, my and friends flux 5b.

I use 6S
20/44T
CC 1520 1600kv
39T HS idlear gear
CC Mamba XL

He uses 5S
23/44T
CC 1520 1600kv
39T HS idler gear
CC MMM

Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNzjKQ_51Hc

Flux 5B CC 1520
1/16 Rally

My Youtube

Russian:Life and Trust is Lost Only Once!

Last edited by Knez; 02.26.2011 at 10:00 AM.

Old
  (#34)
thzero
RC-Monster Aluminum

02.26.2011, 10:10 AM

Yeah, imagine that... a guy with a r/c business that actually listens and responds to customers who might be wanting to give him money for his time and services. Its a novel new concept (and no, Alza isn't the one I'm "ripping" on).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knez View Post
...as he really listens to customers wishes

Old
  (#35)
JasonB
Flux Fan

02.26.2011, 11:04 AM

Has anyone formally asked Alza Racing, GCM, or RC Monster to make some decent tranny gears to replace the 29T and 32T junk gears that so many people hate? Lube fixes the problem, but it would be nice for us to have other options.

Old
  (#36)
toplakd
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.26.2011, 11:06 AM

I think GCM is working on a Center diff conversion that will be a drop in.
Just taking tranny out and Center diff in.

Dejan

I removed my signature.

Old
  (#37)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

02.26.2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
Has anyone formally asked Alza Racing, GCM, or RC Monster to make some decent tranny gears to replace the 29T and 32T junk gears that so many people hate? Lube fixes the problem, but it would be nice for us to have other options.
You need specific equipment to make gears. Someone like robinson racing would be good to contact for this.

Old
  (#38)
josh9mille
RC-Monster Aluminum

02.26.2011, 01:23 PM

I dont really like how Alza racing does business myself. I have seen their 5B TVPs on ebay, and its not an auction or a BIN for the TVPs, but you bid on the information on how to buy them. Kind of a scam if you ask me.

Built Ford tough, with Chevy stuff.

Old
  (#39)
toplakd
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.26.2011, 01:30 PM

If you have read carefully, you will see that for 0.99$ you get 5% voucher code for that particular product in store.

Scam is when you get nothing but information.

If you check on ebay, a lot of companies advertises their sites that way. Especialy when you are new company and you can not afford advertising campains.
And they are all selling coupons and vouchers.

And ebay is a place where lot of people are serching for products.

You are not bidding on information. Please read again, before you say it's a SCAM.

Thank you, Dejan

I removed my signature.

Old
  (#40)
FG101C
RC-Monster Aluminum

02.26.2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toplakd View Post
If you have read carefully, you will see that for 0.99$ you get 5% voucher code for that particular product in store.

Scam is when you get nothing but information.
I knew it, all universities are a scam. Take it easy, just a joke.

Old
  (#41)
toplakd
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.26.2011, 01:48 PM

:)

Dejan

I removed my signature.

Old
  (#42)
Knez
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.06.2011, 07:43 AM

Small update... I cutted middle "support tower" of the HPI baja roll cage, wich i will not be using and made body mounts. Drilled m3 hole to m4 so i use m4 screw...

I didnt have a lot of black colour left so i finished with white..

Flux 5B CC 1520
1/16 Rally

My Youtube

Old
  (#43)
Knez
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.06.2011, 02:43 PM

Frond body post i made also from support tower form hpi roll cage and i drilled M3 hole in to the traxxar receiver box mounted small part on it, made another hole for body post... this menas my body is secured with 3 body posts.

Well for front part didnt came out as i wanted so i will be putting back front bumper... just sits to low like this as body is a bit higher do to the jubo servos wich dont alowe body to sit lower.

Front part was serured with those 2 lights...srewd 2 screws in and cutted them that screwd the "lights" on.
AS u can see on th last picture, it dosent look good! I just cutted to much and sits to low at the front...

Knez

Flux 5B CC 1520
1/16 Rally

My Youtube

Last edited by Knez; 03.06.2011 at 02:44 PM.

Old
  (#44)
toplakd
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.06.2011, 02:44 PM

I think your servo is to big. Cut the body, so the servo sticks out, and body will go lower.

Dejan

I removed my signature.

Old
  (#45)
Knez
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.06.2011, 02:49 PM

Than i would have to cut a bit for traxxas receiver box to...hmm, will see..maybe i do cut the body..

But bumper is also good to protect the front part a bit..as now my front is totally exposed.

Flux 5B CC 1520
1/16 Rally

My Youtube

Last edited by Knez; 03.06.2011 at 02:52 PM.