Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Castle Creations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
What's going on with Castle?
Old
  (#1)
fastbaja5b
RC-Monster Aluminum

Thumbs down What's going on with Castle? - 06.01.2012, 01:12 AM

ESC's keep smoking, Savage Flux XS rebadged Sidewinders have a high failure rate, MMMXL's still seem to be backlogged even now. Repair time is out at 8-12 weeks (I know my ESC is just on 9 weeks now)

Customer Service emails remain unanswered, Little to know response to threads on forums, getting email replies is next to impossible.

Have we sold out to the bulk orders of Traxxas and HPI and forgotten the foundation that gave Castle such a positive reputation for customer service, a quick browse of the forums, that reputation is now all but in tatters.

Are we the new Max Amps? or is it a case of Traxxas and HPI throwing big $$ around to power X01's Flux 5SC's etc with systems that 2-3 years ago we were told would be insufficient for that heavy a vehicle (A 1515 1Y in a 1/5 Scale is just a joke)

I would ask Castle to reply but I don't expect it will happen. It's just sad to see consumers treated with such contempt and dismissed so easily.

I have been called a 'hater' by some of the local Castle Fan boys and no doubt this will stir up that hornets nest (and you all know who you are), Unlike my opinion of Maxamps my opinion of Castle is not that of blind hate, but I am a very disgruntled consumer who has spent some serious $$ on Castle products and do expect a level of customer service.

Castle get your s#it together.

Say Less, Do More.

Old
  (#2)
MiamizFinest
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.01.2012, 01:18 AM

Didn't you start a thread just like this a few weeks back?

Old
  (#3)
fastbaja5b
RC-Monster Aluminum

06.01.2012, 01:40 AM

Well I'm not a thread starter on the first 2 pages besides this one and that goes back to Feb 21st.

....why, do you want me to make this weekly? fortnightly? monthly?

Say Less, Do More.

Old
  (#4)
SV6000
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.01.2012, 08:34 AM

have you tried calling them fastbaja5b. I will always email them first but if i dont get a response within a couple of days i give them a call and get the answer i want.

CUBIC INCHES = CUBIC HORSEPOWER = CUBIC DOLLARS

Old
  (#5)
dacdri2002
RC-Monster Stock

06.01.2012, 10:33 AM

I'm sure your problem will be solved by the castle, I recently had a problem and I was very, very well attended, supported by the castle, send a message to Patrick would get no response from the customer service I'm sure u will be resolved.
  Send a message via MSN to dacdri2002  
Old
  (#6)
MiamizFinest
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.01.2012, 01:45 PM

Im leaning towards the problem being more about you than castle.....

Seriously, i don't know ONE COMPANY that supports its customers the way castle does. What i think it really boils down to is YOUR false sense of entitlement.

Old
  (#7)
TexasSP
Something, anything, nothing

06.01.2012, 02:15 PM

www.cubicle101.com
A friends comic strip website.

Last edited by TexasSP; 06.01.2012 at 02:18 PM.

Old
  (#8)
Arct1k
RC-Monster Mod

06.01.2012, 02:16 PM

Patrick and Castle have already stated they are aware that they are not where they want to be in terms of support. Sometimes that happens when you grow as quickly as they have.

That said even with some of the current speed bumps their support of the hobby and warranty service far outweighs any support i've had from any other company.

Does apple give you a new iphone for 50% if you happen to throw yours into a lake or tread on it?

Old
  (#9)
MiamizFinest
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.01.2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arct1k View Post
patrick and castle have already stated they are aware that they are not where they want to be in terms of support. Sometimes that happens when you grow as quickly as they have.

That said even with some of the current speed bumps their support of the hobby and warranty service far outweighs any support i've had from any other company.

does apple give you a new iphone for 50% if you happen to throw yours into a lake or tread on it?

great example.

Old
  (#10)
dacdri2002
RC-Monster Stock

06.01.2012, 02:40 PM

I just have to thank for the support I had from Patrick and his staff castle that solved my problem very attentive.
  Send a message via MSN to dacdri2002  
Old
  (#11)
MiamizFinest
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.01.2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
...think yourselves lucky Castle don't make electronics for Boeing or Airbus!
I just noticed your signature, seriously guy i think the best thing you can do is sell off your castle stuff and move onto what ever company you feel might do better (good luck with that one) Take your self to the hobby king website and see how far you can get with there stuff and there great customer support.......

Old
  (#12)
fastbaja5b
RC-Monster Aluminum

06.01.2012, 08:33 PM

As I said I knew the castle fanboys would chime in, and thank you for proving me spot on in this regard, TexasSP in particular, how long did it find you all those graphics to try and look witty anyway?

You all make it sound unreasonable that when you purchase a $300+ ESC it should work, and should it fail, turnaround should be measured in days or weeks and not months, anyone who objects to being bent over by poor service is therefore a troll.

RCMonster forums used to be full of knowledgable people helping others, now it's almost a "Patrick posse'" or something.

and FYI my sister dunked her Iphone 4s last week, water damage = dead phone, they charged her $200 for a direct swap with a new one.

So yes Arct1k they do!

Say Less, Do More.

Old
  (#13)
satttheman
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.02.2012, 01:36 AM

Lol! This thread is so funny! I'm with fastbaja! There support is going down hill. I sent in two escs and I've been waiting almost as long as him. Thats ridiculous!!!! They kept telling giving me the run around when I called. Then yesterday a fellow hbf member that just burnt his rev.1 a week ago post that they already shipped him a replacement! Wtf! I called them today and they were acted all puzzled. So they had to look into it. A half an hour later they have them back in stock and they'll be shipping them tomorrow!

Projects:
FLM Savage
  Send a message via AIM to satttheman  
Old
  (#14)
MiamizFinest
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.02.2012, 03:42 AM

Complain complain complain, yet you still comeback and buy more stuff from castle......you guys are a joke!

Old
  (#15)
satttheman
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.02.2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamizFinest View Post
Complain complain complain, yet you still comeback and buy more stuff from castle......you guys are a joke!
Wow! Octavio you can't be serious! I've been using castle from there start in the car stuff. Before the mamba monster before the mamba max. When it was only the 1/18 mamba. Which was amazing ran two 7.2v packs in an rc18t with a 9000kv motor. Then when they released the 1/10 esc it was great. I think it was only rated for 4s but I ran one in a 8ight-t on 6s with just a receiver pack. Do you get where I'm going?!? Have yet to mention how much better the customer service was! Do you have stock in castle or something? Are you part owner? This is why I don't post anymore these forums aren't the same! Your a joke because if you had $900 in castle products and $4000 total in two Baja's that have been sitting for 2 months you'd want to vent too!!! And what makes it worse is that your waiting and people who just sent their escs in are getting the replacement.

Projects:
FLM Savage
  Send a message via AIM to satttheman