RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Brushless

another e-revo build
Old
  (#1)
mikey09120
RC-Monster Stainless Steel

another e-revo build - 10.09.2008, 01:09 AM

hey guys, im new to rc-monster but definately not to RC.
i have owned a revo 2.5r and currently have an e-revo that is upgrading to brushless soon
so here ae all the parts
  • MMM
  • neu1515/1y/s
  • VDP (variable dampening pistons)
  • badlands squeezed onto heavily modified black-chrome geminis
  • paddles...
  • 2 SPC 2s 8000mah lipos
  • HD servo saver spring
  • various springs/shock oil
  • wheelie bar wheels
  • exo-carbon wing
  • whellie bar(traxxas)
  • single motor plate/gear cover
  • RIT dye(black)
  • black shrink wrap
  • 5955TG servo
  • extended wheelbase arms(traxxas)
  • extended track kit(kershaw)
  • extended wheelbase axle carriers (qoncepts)
  • radio(????) which one?
  • sway bar kit(tekno)
  • various pinions and spurs
  • TRX-connectors
  • white high quality spray paint
  • clear body
  • charger/balancer(???) which one?
and it will be a ninja e-revo in that everything is black and will be sandblated and enameled or dyed or etc. (except bright white gloss body)
maybe i coould get a few suggestions or coments on my project should be done by christmas for glamis season
let me know what you think
thanx for reading

-mikey09120

Last edited by mikey09120; 10.09.2008 at 01:20 AM.

Old
  (#2)
TDC57
"If you can't beat em'....shoot em'

10.09.2008, 02:56 AM

Sounds like a great project!..

Comments:
4s is ok, but why not with two 3s = 6s here is site for some Zipy's 3s. https://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/...idProduct=6350

Get a external BEC for your MMM = CC http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...stlebec&cat=21

Use the liquid dye not the powder!..

Any two channel radio will work; I picked up a Spektrum DX2.0 used for $120 (2.4 ghz)

Make sure you get the mod 1 pinions and spur gears. Jato spur work great and give you options.

A true carbon wing will shatter on you, I use this one and it held of months of bashing
http://www.impaktrc.com/product_info...0e44341af7ef3f

You might want to check out my E-Revo build for ideas:
http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11434

Questions:
The is the VDP (variable dampening pistons) got a linc ?
Wheelie bar(traxxas) Got a lic ?
Are you getting this trans (?)http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail.php?prod=GMX07-TR

Looking forward to see some progress, sounds like a great project and best of luck..

Have a great one and thanks for posting and WELCOME to the monster..

Shaun.

Nothing!.. Hahahahaaa..

Old
  (#3)
JThiessen
RC-Monster Brushless

10.09.2008, 10:42 AM

Jato spur is NOT mod1 - it is .8 Mod/32P. I think TDC meant to say use .8 mod or 32P gearing, NOT mod1.

Also, I think the jury is still out on the benefit of the external BEC for the MMM. Many OPINIONS on this, but no clear cut yes/no on its benefit. Read more about it in the Castle forum, and develop your own opinion.

Any of the 2.4 radio systems will work great. Anything less than 2.4, not so great.

The hyperion line of chargers seems to be the fav among this crowd. Pretty much cant go wrong with the Duo.

At a minimum, get an aluminum internal diff cup for the rear diff, or maybe even the Maximizer steel one. You'll need it at some point.

Quote:
extended wheelbase arms(traxxas)
extended track kit(kershaw)
extended wheelbase axle carriers (qoncepts)
These seem redundant. The Traxxas arms seem to be holding up well for most. I run RPM, and have had good luck with them. I just purchased a set of the True Track rears, and we'll see how those hold up.

Get yourself an assortment of springs. You are going to need them to get the truck rebalanced. I have significant issues with the front on mine, as the GC seems to be about 1-2" forward of where it used to be.

TDC - I bought my Traxxaswheelie bar and VDP shock system from Tower. I found the part number on the Traxxas site, then searched tower by part number for the VDP kit.

Good luck with your build.

Losi 8T 1.0, Savage Flux - XL style, LST XXL, Muggy, 3.3 E-Revo Conversion and sitting outside 425hp, 831 Tq Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel. It SMOKES

Old
  (#4)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

10.09.2008, 07:17 PM

I dont think the extra width of the kershaw kit is required, though with the extra extra long wheelbase that the Qoncpets knuckles and setback arms will give, it might improve the proportions on the visual side (long and wide, girls like that I think...).

Rest of the list looks sound enough, but again, the extra BEC may not help you- the MMM v3 will be a good'n hopefully so no need for it.
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#5)
mikey09120

10.09.2008, 08:26 PM

thanx for the replies guys.
yah i meant the traxxas ex0-carbon wing
i am goin to use the liquid dye
and 4s is good for 45mph and a long runtime
im in for runtime since speed isnt too exciting
im all off road
and im using the stock e-revo trans
no conversion here...
im not interested in an external BEC. too lazy. plus castle has great service and when and if it does go out ... V3!!!
ill stick with stock diiffs for now. they are "brushless ready" ill replace as soon as they turn into boxes of metal (or plastic hmmmm..) dust
the extended track is for:
i like the wider stance and i cant run offset with geminis(i love those 5 spoke black chrome)
it is also for long travel when ever i put the 120mm rockers in

-mikey09120

Last edited by mikey09120; 10.09.2008 at 09:26 PM.

Old
  (#6)
BlackedOutREVO

10.09.2008, 09:19 PM

I think I am the one to approve its its blacked out

Hahahaha. Sounds cool, get some pics up!

Old
  (#7)
mikey09120

10.09.2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
I think I am the one to approve its blacked out

Hahahaha. Sounds cool, get some pics up!
got to get everything ordered.i have to balance school and work
altogether should be a little over $1100
man... thats alot. so far i got 600 in cash which is good for MMM+neu+batts+charger
then all the accesories ad up to (drum roll please) ... alot! haha

-mikey09120

Old
  (#8)
mikey09120

10.09.2008, 09:27 PM

oh wait i need a radio. time to hack my savings account!!!

-mikey09120

Old
  (#9)
mikey09120

10.21.2008, 08:06 PM

i was wondering
i was thinking about getting this batt but it has 8g wire and wont fit into a traxxas connector and requires battery wire hole modification
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...00mAh_25C_3S1P
or this one because it has normal size wires and 200 more maH. but the amps range from 100-150 and a neu 1515/1y pulls 110. so...im stuck between a cookie and a soft place
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...0C_Lipoly_Pack
so which one?

-mikey09120

Last edited by mikey09120; 10.21.2008 at 08:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Old
  (#10)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

10.22.2008, 02:16 PM

Dont fear the 8g wire- I've seen someone fit their traxxas plugs fine, just requires a careful bit of trimming on the insulation (the wire itself will fit fine, just trim the insulation flush with the connector housing). As for the hole in the battery compartment for the wire to exit- a dremel cures all ills

Have no fear over minor modifications to the chassis like that, it wont hurt anything, nor will it look ugly if you have a steady hand and take your time with the dremel, or even some small hand files.
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#11)
mikey09120

10.22.2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideneil View Post
Dont fear the 8g wire- I've seen someone fit their traxxas plugs fine, just requires a careful bit of trimming on the insulation (the wire itself will fit fine, just trim the insulation flush with the connector housing). As for the hole in the battery compartment for the wire to exit- a dremel cures all ills

Have no fear over minor modifications to the chassis like that, it wont hurt anything, nor will it look ugly if you have a steady hand and take your time with the dremel, or even some small hand files.
im not scared of modifying the chassis but somebody had done that and it cut there wires a bit so i was thinking about putting a rubber grommet around what i dremeled. so i guess il go with the zippy-r's. more C rating and a teensy bit less maH. ive also heard the enerland cells.

-mikey09120

Old
  (#12)
mikey09120

11.08.2008, 10:20 PM

update:
i will be using the 2200kv combo from castle
im going to use the traxxas 2.4ghz radio
i will use these zippy 4s 4400maH
and two of these instead of a 5955tg
i will also be using the traxxas tubes in carbon black

-mikey09120

Old
  (#13)
E-Revonut
RC-Monster RC8T

11.08.2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey09120 View Post
im not scared of modifying the chassis but somebody had done that and it cut there wires a bit so i was thinking about putting a rubber grommet around what i dremeled. so i guess il go with the zippy-r's. more C rating and a teensy bit less maH. ive also heard the enerland cells.
Rather than taking a dremel to the chassis dremel the battery doors! Thats what I did cause even 2x12ga wire can be a tight fit and then when I upgraded from MA to Neu packs that had 10ga I took a little moor off the battery door to allow for the wire. The battery doors are much cheaper and easier to replace if strength becomes an issue. As far as the batteries go I would check out neumotors.com and see if they are still having a sale! When I picked up my 2 3s packs I saved about $150. Hyperion chargers are the way to go, feature packed and easy to use, no external balancer required. The duo is a great charger for anyone running a truck that takes multiple packs. Although MaxAmps Lipos are looked down upon they are still a great source for chargers, connectors, shrink, and such. Good luck with your project!

RC-Monster RC8T 1515 2.5D/MMM/5s RC-M 4500mah
SC10 MMPro 13.5T 2s NeuEnery 5000mah
RC18T Mamba 25/5400kv 2s lipo + 6s NiMh

Old
  (#14)
mikey09120

11.08.2008, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Revonut View Post
Rather than taking a dremel to the chassis dremel the battery doors! Thats what I did cause even 2x12ga wire can be a tight fit and then when I upgraded from MA to Neu packs that had 10ga I took a little moor off the battery door to allow for the wire. The battery doors are much cheaper and easier to replace if strength becomes an issue. As far as the batteries go I would check out neumotors.com and see if they are still having a sale! When I picked up my 2 3s packs I saved about $150. Hyperion chargers are the way to go, feature packed and easy to use, no external balancer required. The duo is a great charger for anyone running a truck that takes multiple packs. Although MaxAmps Lipos are looked down upon they are still a great source for chargers, connectors, shrink, and such. Good luck with your project!
oops. i meant doors buyt no need for the modification
the new batts im getting are normal sized
they will be wired like this since the BL edition comes in series and i could always take the adaptor off and run two 3s for speed runs

-mikey09120

Old
  (#15)
JThiessen
RC-Monster Brushless

11.08.2008, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey09120 View Post
update:
i will be using the 2200kv combo from castle
im going to use the traxxas 2.4ghz radio
i will use these zippy 4s 4400maH
and two of these instead of a 5955tg
i will also be using the traxxas tubes in carbon black
Is that traxxas 2.4 radio even going to be available for purchase individually before chistmas?

I couldnt tell you anything about those servo's. Personally, I'd stick with the stock traxxas ones until you can afford to buy a single good one.

Also, If you are buying 4S batteries, you can ONLY run them in parrallel on the MMM - its only rated for 6S.

Losi 8T 1.0, Savage Flux - XL style, LST XXL, Muggy, 3.3 E-Revo Conversion and sitting outside 425hp, 831 Tq Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel. It SMOKES