RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Brushless

traxxas 2.4GHz radio
Old
  (#1)
mikey09120
RC-Monster Stainless Steel

traxxas 2.4GHz radio - 12.03.2008, 11:46 PM

so... i had to do a business letter project for english and...
i chose to mail to traxxas and asked about the new radio.
i dont know if the guy that replied had deep knowledge of the new e-revo BL edition but he said it would be the 2.4GHz radio with 4-channels and he specifically said that it willl have a switch near the front.
so.. despite all the pics and stuff on the site. he said it would be a 4-channel radio... maybe he is wrong

-mikey09120

Old
  (#2)
rafa
RC-Monster Stock

12.04.2008, 12:20 AM

I think it will be 4 channels, the extra one is going to be used on the Summit to lock the differential

Old
  (#3)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....

12.04.2008, 12:25 AM

summit is am, i'm 99% sure the 2.4 is a 3 channel, and the traxxas guy was thinking of the 4 channel summit radio, which has a switch near the front. Thinking about it though, a 2 channel is all that's neccesary for a brushless truck, so it's 2 or 3, not 4

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Old
  (#4)
_paralyzed_

12.04.2008, 12:33 AM

it's a 4 channel receiver and from what I can see from pics it is a 2 channel radio, there is definately not a switch near the front, and it doesn't have the shifting rocker switch, so it's 2 channel, unless they hid the other 2. Maybe you should note for your paper that you did this extra research because you weren't sure of the answer you recieved. Could be worth some extra credit.

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Old
  (#5)
mikey09120

12.04.2008, 12:45 AM

i think he might have messed up. oh well...
it would be awesome for brushless summits and other stuff

-mikey09120

Old
  (#6)
_paralyzed_

12.04.2008, 01:03 AM

he screwed up, I went to the kiddie forum- on the acccessories page it says, "The accessory Two-Speed Conversion Kit offers another dimension of versatility and performance for E-Revo owners who want the option of stump-pulling torque and high-speed passes. The included waterproof sub-micro servo actuates the internal shift fork with the push of a button from a three channel transmitter (sold separately)." It is indeed a 2 channel radio with a 4 channel reciever

Old
  (#7)
kulangflow
Never Fast Enough

12.04.2008, 12:51 PM

I have seen a picture of the 4 channel 2.4GHz radio. Let me see if I can find it again. I'm pretty sure they have 2 channel and 4 channel versions.

Found it:

You can't see the 4th channel toggle, but you can see the 4 reversing switches on the bottom.

Straight from the horse.

He's down by the river ... walking on water.

Last edited by kulangflow; 12.04.2008 at 01:00 PM.

Old
  (#8)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

12.04.2008, 01:12 PM

I wonder if the "4th" channel is just another steering or "aux" channel slaved but with it's own reverse switch. That would kinda make it a hybrid 3-ch system since each channel is not totally independant. But would make a dual steering setup a little easier than simply using a Y adaptor.

The reason I bring this up because in the link above, it says "Four-channel micro receiver with two steering servo inputs for dual-servo use".

I really would like to know if these systems are compatible with Spektrum receivers. I have a few trucks set up with the DX3r, but if someone (like my son) wants to play too, I could just re-bind the rx with the trx radio for him to play without removing the receiver.

I've always loved how the grip on the Trx systems felt in my hand - very comfortable. But being limited to AM on a BL system is not ideal at the very least - not to mention the gargantuan antennas!
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#9)
kulangflow
Never Fast Enough

12.04.2008, 01:34 PM

I'm pretty sure it is an independent 4th channel, but we just can't see the toggle in the previous picture because it's hidden by the steering knob.

This next picture shows the 2 channel version, but if you look at the rx, you'll see it has 5 total inputs including 2 x Ch1 for the dual servo use and separate channels for 2, 3, and 4.

He's down by the river ... walking on water.

Old
  (#10)
magman
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

12.04.2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
I wonder if the "4th" channel is just another steering or "aux" channel slaved but with it's own reverse switch. That would kinda make it a hybrid 3-ch system since each channel is not totally independant. But would make a dual steering setup a little easier than simply using a Y adaptor.

The reason I bring this up because in the link above, it says "Four-channel micro receiver with two steering servo inputs for dual-servo use".

I really would like to know if these systems are compatible with Spektrum receivers. I have a few trucks set up with the DX3r, but if someone (like my son) wants to play too, I could just re-bind the rx with the trx radio for him to play without removing the receiver.

I've always loved how the grip on the Trx systems felt in my hand - very comfortable. But being limited to AM on a BL system is not ideal at the very least - not to mention the gargantuan antennas!
Glad to see someone else feels the same way about the grip as I do! I like the feel of the Traxxas radio better than my Futaba 3pm...go figure

1. MBX-6 T8 1900KV, RX8 ON 4S
2. MBX-5T 1520, MMM ON 5S
3. MBX-5 ONROAD CONVERSION 1515, MMM ON 5S
4. MRX-3 ON ROAD CONVERSION 1512, MMM ON 6S
5. TEN T 2650 T8, MMP ON 3S

Old
  (#11)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

12.04.2008, 06:25 PM

lol, I've actually thought about ripping my DX3r apart and fudging in a Trx handle! I have a spare Trx tx laying around. Hmmm, that gives me an idea!
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#12)
mikey09120

12.04.2008, 07:37 PM

but you know how traxxas is with acesserys. they just copy and paste. like when the e-revo came out it had cluthbells, fuel bottles, etc. on the accesories page. that stuff is for the revo nitro. got bored and did this...

and did this... for those who are still stock

-mikey09120

Last edited by mikey09120; 12.04.2008 at 07:47 PM.