RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > CORR Trucks - Slash, SCRT10, etc.

Tranny case for slash
Old
  (#1)
garnold
RC-Monster Stock

Tranny case for slash - 09.27.2011, 09:21 PM

I picked up a slash roller and it had a flm tranny case. After looking at the flm website it looks like the one in have might be an older model? The new one has more of a motor cover while the one in hav just has a mount off the motor mount that has one bolt to connect the bumper to. This one seems to bend a lot. Is there an upgrade?

Old
  (#2)
garnold
RC-Monster Stock

09.27.2011, 09:29 PM

I'm sorry I didn't realize there was a section just for FLM. Mod could you please move this.

Old
  (#3)
ta_man
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.28.2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnold View Post
I picked up a slash roller and it had a flm tranny case. After looking at the flm website it looks like the one in have might be an older model? The new one has more of a motor cover while the one in hav just has a mount off the motor mount that has one bolt to connect the bumper to. This one seems to bend a lot. Is there an upgrade?
I'be never seen or heard of an FLM trans with a "motor cover." Pehaps you are talking about the wheely bar mount which is a separate pice, but now included with all the trans cases.

I was concerned about the motor plate bending in my Slash LCG conversion so I made the top trans brace/bumper mount seen in this picture:

Unfortunately, it is not something easily done with hand tools (I have a milling machine). (The lower aluminum peice came with my trans case.)

Old
  (#4)
garnold
RC-Monster Stock

09.28.2011, 10:26 AM

You are correct it was the wheelie bar mount that now comes standard. I ordered that piece and should be ok but your solution is really slick man!