RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > CORR Trucks - Slash, SCRT10, etc.

New Jammin SCRT project. carbon, 1/8 shocks, and mech brakes.
Old
  (#1)
Ryu James
Second place is the first loser!

New Jammin SCRT project. carbon, 1/8 shocks, and mech brakes. - 06.20.2010, 02:51 AM

hey guys,
i recently picked up a Jammin SCRT and have building it out. Doing lots of upgrades to it and i have a couple questions. i will post some pics of my progress so far in just a bit. but can anyone help me out on these?

1. the center diff of the SCRT is all plastic and doesnt have the metal insert that holds the outdrive as in 1/8 diffs. as a result the outdrives are not centered well and wobble slightly. i would like to upgrade to actual 1/8 diffs but the SCRT diff is quite small. i know the Inferno MP9 buggy uses a very small diff and a couple other buggies do. anyone know if there is a 1/8 buggy diff small enough to fit the SCRT that i could swap? or if you have a MP9 and a SCRT maybe check for me

2. i will be putting mechanical brakes on my Jammin also. i feel this will give me a little edge at the track and bottom line is i just much prefer mech brakes. it wasnt an option with my 4x4 PE but since the jammin uses a 1/8 style layout this will be no problem. i have picked up several of the brake components already from the CRT.5 as it uses the same chassis components but i have one question. Does the CRT.5 use 1/8 size dogbones? the center diff outdrives for the CRT.5 look like 1/8 size but the SCRT uses a much smaller 1/10 size dogbone and outdrive cups. i am just wondering if i am going to have to get new dogbones to run brakes or if these outdrives just look large in the pic but are actually smaller?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Joint-Brake-2

anyway, more questions to come i am sure. i will post up some pics in just a bit.

Jammin SCRT10 Neu 1512 1y
Losi Ten-T SCT conversion Neu 1512 1y

Last edited by Ryu James; 06.20.2010 at 02:52 AM.

Old
  (#2)
JoFreak
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.20.2010, 03:37 AM

Hi, all the diff cups in the SCRT10 are without metal insert, many people have reportet that the outdrives in the front and rear start to woble after a while, not only the center.
Yes the outdrives and dogbones in the SCRT10 are smaller than the usual 1/8th stuff, at least smaller than the stuff I have/had. No idea on theCRT.5 though, but I wouldn't be surprised if the parts were the same size.
Purely theoretically I would have a neighbour who has a MP9, but they are impossible to get in touch with, so don't hold your breath...

You might want to get some captured rod ends for the steering (TRX2742X) as the stock ones are reported to pop of quite easily.

Old
  (#3)
Ryu James

06.20.2010, 02:48 PM

here are some pics of things so far. these are some custom towers from ERC that allow me to run any type of 1/8 buggy shock. also a pic of how i plan to layout things.

Old
  (#4)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

06.20.2010, 03:27 PM

The CRT .5 uses smaller sized dogbones and outdrives, same as the Hyper 10SC or Jammin SCRT. My CRT .5 diff outdrives wobbled a bit right out of the box.

I have all the mech brake parts from my CRT .5 that I won't be needing, if you want them let me know.

Also, who makes that spring-flexing rear brace you have? Fioroni? And do you know if it will work on a CRT .5?

Caster Fusion F8T - Serpent 811Be - Jammin X2 carbon e-GT conversion - Axial SCX10

Last edited by simplechamp; 06.20.2010 at 03:30 PM.

Old
  (#5)
JoFreak
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.20.2010, 03:50 PM

Nice, you allready got your set of the ERC towers!
Still waiting for my set, but I guess that will take another 1 to 2 weeks...
And you got your's in silver, I'm hoping for a silver set as well.
Could you tell me when you paid?

And yes, that rear brace looks great, would like to know where you got it as well.

edit: Looks like the fioroni OT-UR319 for the Losi 8ight-T or maybe the fioroni OT-UR612 for the Mugen MBX6.

Last edited by JoFreak; 06.20.2010 at 04:20 PM.

Old
  (#6)
Ryu James

06.20.2010, 05:56 PM

hey guys,
thanks for the feedback. glad to hear the dogbones on crt are same as the scrt. i will hit you up on the brake parts.

as for the ERC towers i happened to be online when i got and email and saw a post on rctech from Brandon saying the first set of towers were ready. i had paid him within 60 seconds of the first email to go out. i got mine on wed of this week. they are pretty sweet and surprisingly light. but here is a tip. go with the losi shocks or the D8 shocks. both run about 97mm front and 112 rear. i made the mistake of getting mbx6 shocks and they are 112mm front and 135 rear and too long. i have the front mbx6 shocks on the rear for now and will probably just get the d8 set for the front.

edit: oh yeah the rear brace is Fioroni and is their flex chassis brace for the 8ight. they make flex chassis braces for several different vehicles and i have always used them since i first tried them. they make the ride have more more feel and input and just feels more plush around the track. i buy them from amain and just try to choose the one that will fit whatever i am building. they arent hard to make work. just drill a hole in your chassis and mount it up to rear bulkhead where the stock brace would go. sometimes some minor mods may be needed to make work but nothing that takes more than a few minutes. just get everything mounted up before you drill the hole in your chassis so you dont make mistake. also, you can dial in the amount of flex you want by using 8mm washers to limit travel.

Last edited by Ryu James; 06.20.2010 at 06:10 PM.

Old
  (#7)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

06.20.2010, 09:20 PM

Nice, can't wait to see the finished product!

Caster Fusion F8T - Serpent 811Be - Jammin X2 carbon e-GT conversion - Axial SCX10

Old
  (#8)
JoFreak
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.23.2010, 11:05 AM

Did you allready mount your shock towers together with the front and rear bumpers?
I have a few small problems at the moment and can't figure out where exactly.

Old
  (#9)
Ryu James

06.23.2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFreak View Post
Did you allready mount your shock towers together with the front and rear bumpers?
I have a few small problems at the moment and can't figure out where exactly.
yes, but there is a problem with mounting the bumpers. i did get it figured out and you do have to make a couple little mods but nothing too big. its kinda hard to explain so i will post some pics later tonight when i get home from work and can show you.
you need to use the little plastic "Y" pieces that mount to the stock towers that hold the body posts. cut off the "arms" of the Y so you have just a little square type plastic part. then screw that to you ERC shock tower in the holes where it lines up. now you have the holes needed to be able to mount up your bumper. now you may need to drill a hole in your ERC tower or grind away a little portion so you can mount the bumper brace up right. i had to grind away just a tiny, tiny bit for the bumper screw to fit through and put locknut on back side of tower. hardly noticeable and completely un-noticeable when everything is mounted up. anyway, thats what i did essentially but i will post some pics up later so you can see better.
i actually havent mounted the rear bumper yet but got the front all mounted and it looks good.

Old
  (#10)
JoFreak
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.23.2010, 04:01 PM

Ok, thank's.
I'm looking forward to the pics.
As for the rear towers, what have you done to fit in the rear braces (40947) to the tower?
Grind them off? Put the part that holds the braces further to the front?

Old
  (#11)
Ryu James

06.23.2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Ok, thank's.
I'm looking forward to the pics.
As for the rear towers, what have you done to fit in the rear braces (40947) to the tower?
Grind them off? Put the part that holds the braces further to the front?
are you talking about the little crescent moon shaped parts that connect to the rear tower and to the top of the bulkhead by the chassis brace? that part number you gave is for a parts tree and has several different parts on it. anyway, if that is the part you are referring to they mount up just fine with no mods required. do you have your tower facing the right way? flat side facing in. machined side facing toward rear bumper.

Old
  (#12)
JoFreak
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.24.2010, 12:32 AM

Yes exactly those parts.
Yes, the shock tower is facing the right way.
If I mount these crscent moon shaped parts to the rear shock tower, they are 1mm too far to the front.
I guess I will take a picture of what I mean later today.

Old
  (#13)
Ryu James

06.24.2010, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Yes exactly those parts.
Yes, the shock tower is facing the right way.
If I mount these crscent moon shaped parts to the rear shock tower, they are 1mm too far to the front.
I guess I will take a picture of what I mean later today.
hmm...if you look in the pics i have posted in this thread you will see mine mounted up fine. if they are 1mm pushed forward then cut off 1mm on the backside where the 2 screws go into each one. that should do the trick. or just jam 'em in there. lol. maybe thats what i did but i dont recall them not fitting right. i will have to double check that...

and sorry i havent posted more pics but my frickin camera wont work.

Old
  (#14)
JoFreak
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.24.2010, 06:58 AM

Well, mine don't, but Brandon (Hi there silent reader!) just mailed me that I have to grind 1,5mm off of the crescent brace parts. By my measurements 1mm should be enough, but those measurements weren't taken in that a precise way, so I'll just start taking off material and check from time to time if it fits.

No problem with the pics as for the front I'll wait till I have decided what front bumper I'm going to take. Thought about the T-Bone with a RPM front part, so it is tough and looks OK. But then you wouldn't be able to see the beautiful tower any longer....

Old
  (#15)
Ryu James

06.24.2010, 09:24 AM

thats exactly what i did. i have a tbr front bumper and rpm slash bumper mounted to it. but actually it turns out the rpm slash bumper mounts up directly and then fits to the tbr cross brace. i will post pics when i can. turned it good.

for the rear i am using a tbr rear and losi lst rear bumper mounted to it. has a pretty cool look and requires no mods to my manta body.